Random's DoggCrapp Log

Ok generally I was doing each excersize straight after the other then before deads I’d rest like 10mins.

If that’s the case you shouldn’t necessarily increase the time you rest before deads, but maybe the time between other exercises in that session in order to reduce the amount of fatigue you’re accumulating.

Either way, intra-workout supplementation is something you may want to look into

1 Like

Ok great I’ll probably drink an energy drink through the workout with a bit of sugar in it, What rest time between exercises would you think is optimal?

Thanks.

Depends a whole lot on the person, but generally just not being in a rush is a good place to start. When you finish with one exercise rerack your stuff in peace, take a sip from your shaker and then begin to warm up for your next exercise.

That’s probably like 2-3 minutes between the working set of your first exercise and the first warm-up set of your next one.

1 Like

Ok, Back at it now from Christmas, Came back strong picked different excercises the only thing that will be the same is Back Thickness and it is deadlifts with different target reps, Managed to actually hit 172.5kgx5 (When I was writing it before 172.5kgx6 it was merely a target I was having trouble with fatigue)

I also dropped the straps for Deadlifting it seems I do better without them.

To combat the fatigue I’m eating close to 500g carbs daily I’ve gone back trying an elimination diet to help my reflux so my diet for now is literally rice, turkey and olive oil I’m eating a lot of it so I’m getting around 4,000+ calories a day.

I’m hoping to hit 90-100kg Bodyweight this T-ransformation, I’ve decided this because I’m going to try the -93kg -105kg classes for Powerlifting as a long term goal since I’m 5ft 8" I will really fill out in those classes.

Ok so it’s January 1st, I lost a little water over Christmas I’m at 85kg…

Here are by before entries for #t-ransformation2019

Just did another upper today, haven’t uploaded my log in like 4 workouts so I better do it…

This is funny…

Well in december my deadlift max was 200kg, I was only trying to put a 2.5kg on to that and I was planning on doing 152.5kgx10 for deadlifts which going off the 1rm calculator should be 203kg…

So off I go, I add RED + RED + BLUE + little 1.25kg plate either side… me being braindead realized that was 162.5kg I repped out 9 and was beat up I didn’t hit 10.

Then taking the plates off I realized I did 162.5kg and not 152.5kg, so 162.5kg gives me a estimated 1rm of 209kg, It’s crazy what the body is capable of, to be fair though it is probs from a lot of the other back exercises, But I found it funny how I accidently set the bar higher lol.

P.S. I only pull conventional, If I hit 90kg or close in the next month I might go for a meet as I’m 19 and the fed I’m looking at hasn’t even set a 90kg record for my age raw.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/BslPQFKF9pL/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=19nzgavh8u64b

Thought I’d post a video of my Deadlift, I was quite proud that I’d gone from failing with 200kg quite a few months back to 187.5kgx5

I really had to winch it up on that last rep as my grip was failing me for some reason but my arms and hands weren’t really in a symetrical position and I couldn’t see myself in a mirror.

Just looking in to see if there’s any squat vids. Nvm

Not atm I think my next lower is Sunday

New physique update, lost a bit of water and I didn’t flare my back as much in the last one so dont go crazy lol

Hit a 165kgx10 squat today, cut calves and hamstrings short as I had a horrible headache due to mold at where I am staying, Tried to record it but didnt press the button properly which really pissed me off.

1 Like

Going to start doing some Cardio (running on treadmill 1x a week) and some boxing drills, I went to boxing class a couple weeks back and it made me realize how terrible my CV fitness is lol

Did an 800m run, did it in about 4 minutes 30, on the treadmill, could have tried harder but I’m going to ease into it I want to be able to do it in 3 minutes by the end of this year, I thought I’d take up on the whole self defense thing but I realised my endurance is crapp, so Wednesday (on my 2 day break on DC Training) I do a short run and some boxing drills as I’ve switched gyms now and they have a better range of equipment.

@danteism A couple things I’m cinfused about in DC…

1. What should I be warming up with?, about 75% 1RM?

2. Should I be increasing the weighted stretch everytime I say increase a lift?

Managed to get my hamstrings better with Dynamic stretching and PNF Stretching at the end of each session so I got 140kgx6 on squat, unfortunately had to back track due to hamstrings but I’m hoping the strength will come back fast like last time so fingers crossed should be at 167.5kgx10 in no time.

Dante himself uses continuous pyramid warm-ups with his training (I’ve actually made a post about my version of continuous warm-ups in my log, but it may be hard to find)

So he does
20 reps
12 reps
6-8 reps
4 reps
increasing weight every set, 30s or so between warm-up sets. Then he rests as long as needed before doing his working set/sets

He also gave the opinion of doing that exact same thing but with 10-8-6-4 reps.

Remember that warm-ups should be heavy enough to prepare you for your working weights but light enough so they don’t exhaust you.

Increase the weight when you get i to the 90-120 second ballpark. You don’t want to push it up too fast.

1 Like

Thanks

Ok thanks, I was confused as usually I’d do 90s if there is no weight and 60s with weight.

1 Like

One more thing regarding warming up; if you do the 20/12/6-8/4 or 10/8/6/4 for, say, your chest movement, you don’t necessarily need to do that many warm-ups for the following “push” exercises (delts and triceps, that is). 2-3 warm up sets will be plenty before those.

1 Like

Ok Update, I think I have pushed myself far too much, my last workout I tried to pull 190kg off the floor and it wouldn’t budge which is odd since I’ve hit 187.5kgx5 so I am going to take another week off…

I took 1 week off then tried that 190kg still no good… When I got home I asked my girlfriend to take a pic of me from the side and low and behold I have a ** posterior pelvic tilt ** I’m going to try stretch the muscles I think are causing this…

If anyone has any knowlege why would I have gone from a estimated max of 225kg since I hit 175kgx9 a couple weeks back, I did DC continuously without a deload/cruise could that be why?

Also after my last workout my triceps and chest are very sore so maybe I have been pushing it too much, I think from now on I am going to do a 6:1 Blast/Cruise (On/Deload) for DC Training