Random Thoughts (HogLover)

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Why do people get upset in Star Trek when somebody dies? Can’t they just re-generate the dead person using the Transporter?[/quote]

…or by saying cut!

THOUGHT #2:

Why do dudes walk up to the urinal, unzip, start pissing and then spit into the urinal? I’ve noticed multiple people doing this. Not sure what the purpose is.

Anyone…Anyone… Bueller…

[quote]HogLover wrote:
THOUGHT #2:

Why do dudes walk up to the urinal, unzip, start pissing and then spit into the urinal? I’ve noticed multiple people doing this. Not sure what the purpose is.

Anyone…Anyone… Bueller…[/quote]

For luck. It is an ancient superstition.

[quote]HogLover wrote:
THOUGHT #2:

Perhaps it’s a matter of convenience…

THOUGHT #3:

How come most of my random thoughts revolve around the bathroom?

Why do people drop a grumpy in the toilet and then get up and leave a shit stain on the toilet lid?

Maybe someone should start a thread titled Bathroom Etiquette since so much focus is being put into bathroom issues.

Hmmm, can’t wait to eat turkey tomorrow…

jet

[quote]HogLover wrote:
THOUGHT #2:

Maybe your pissed at the piss

jet

If I had a lot of money, I would buy an island, but Im not sure who I would allow to come with me.

[quote]julia87 wrote:
What?! No, its a rolling carrot. I was eating carrots and it fell and started rolling.[/quote]

Still doesn’t explain why you would go cliff diving after it. It’s a carrot. Chances are you can find another one.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
julia87 wrote:
What?! No, its a rolling carrot. I was eating carrots and it fell and started rolling.

Still doesn’t explain why you would go cliff diving after it. It’s a carrot. Chances are you can find another one.[/quote]

She does not maintain her orange glow by letting carrots get away.

[quote]julia87 wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
Why do people get upset in Star Trek when somebody dies? Can’t they just re-generate the dead person using the Transporter?

frustrated geek sigh
They did that with the Doctor Pulanski. Remember? She was dying from that disease made by the perfect kids I think it was the Alpha 6 base made that were immune to infections. think it was in the last portion of the first season of The Next Generation. Well, she wasnt dead but she was so old that she was pretty close to it and they made her into her old self by her DNA before the disease.

But if your saying they could regenerate through the transporter I dont think its That powerful. It happened to Spock on the Genesis planet though so maybe they need to just put all the dead people there and perfect what they did to Spock in that movie.
I wish I remembered stupid things like this in school. I wouldnt of failed biology three thousand times.[/quote]

Un-fucking real, Julia. So young and you have already reached ultra old school geekdom!

[quote]julia87 wrote:

But if your saying they could regenerate through the transporter I dont think its That powerful. It happened to Spock on the Genesis planet though so maybe they need to just put all the dead people there and perfect what they did to Spock in that movie.[/quote]

It’s not a question of the transporter being powerful enough, the transporter does what it does: it dematerializes someone, converts them into energy and rematerializes them somewhere else, like a 3-dimensional fax machine. Presumably the energy is transmitted in a digital bitstream, which means it could be stored on a computer.

You could therefore use this saved profile to regenerate a dead character. The only drawback is that the regenerated person would have no memory of anything experienced in the time between being encoded and being re-generated.

So to use the dead Spock example, a Spock re-generated in this manner would have no recollection of saving the ship, of the battle with Khan, or of anything at all that occurred after his last trip through the transporter.

On the plus side, we wouldn’t have had to endure James Doohan playing “Amazing Grace” on the bagpipes at his funeral, which has since inspired literally millions of bagpipe players to do the same.

[quote]MaloVerde wrote:
Un-fucking real, Julia. So young and you have already reached ultra old school geekdom!
[/quote]
Excuse me for asking, but when has Scotty ever NOT been able to generate enough power?

This thread went from random to geek to random and back to geek again.

Back to random…

I’m trying to decide what kind of pie to buy for my Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Everyone likes pumpkin, but I feel it’s a little played out. Fruit pies are ok, but again they are a little tired. I think I have it narrowed down to either a lemon meringue or a coconut creme pie.

Lemon is good, but must be eaten cold. Coconut is also good, but if not made just right can have an overly chewy texture.

Fuck it I’ll get both.

[quote]HogLover wrote:
THOUGHT #1:
I will be starting a new thread in which I post strange random thoughts or questions that I have during the day. [/quote]
Strange random thought:

Suppose you had a black lab, let’s just suppose. And since we’re talking fiction here just imagine that you liked this dog, but you didn’t necessarily love him. Pretend you’re just one of those types who doesn’t treat animals the same as people (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Any let’s just say this lab is just like any other lab, a breed that loves to chew and will chew and eat anything that it can get hold of. Now all dogs need to take their walks and do their business so cut to the scene where you are walking your imaginary lab and visualize your jaunt, stopping along the way at every “landmark” to squirt a coverup scent for all the previous animals that have passed along the same route in the last 24 hours.

Now envision enduring through the first hundred stops before finally approaching a conclusion to you mission, the lab finally squats to pinch his loaf and expel the nasty. Now let just say that the lab start to shit a dish towel, not a small hand held dishrag, a 24" dishtowel, the ones used to dry a sink full of dishes before putting them away in the cupboard.

So just to make the story interesting we’ll throw in a twist and have the dishrag stop when it is halfway out.

Hypothetically: Do you unhook the leash and walk away? Or do you slip the dishtowel into your best friend’s laundry basket?

… loud noises …

Why is it that a woman who has no qualms about deep-kissing a man, sucking his dick and licking his bunghole, will nonetheless never in a million years even entertain the thought of using that same man’s toothbrush?

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Random thought: Do other people enjoy peeing off bridges as much as I do?[/quote]

I find that pissing off people is a lot more fun.