Ramping to 2 RM

hey CT, i would like to know what are you doing after your 2 rm ramping ? if i would like to run 6-8 weeks with a 2 rm ramping ? what would you suggest me ??

thanks you !!

[quote]bigmax wrote:
hey CT, i would like to know what are you doing after your 2 rm ramping ? if i would like to run 6-8 weeks with a 2 rm ramping ? what would you suggest me ??

thanks you !![/quote]

What do you mean? After the 2RM as in the same workout, or what to do after a 6-8 weeks phase of 2RM?

I want to know what should I do after doing my 2RM on my main exercice of the day, like what kind of rep scheme would you suggest me to do after the 2RM?

[quote]bigmax wrote:
I want to know what should I do after doing my 2RM on my main exercice of the day, like what kind of rep scheme would you suggest me to do after the 2RM?[/quote]

It depends… I often use the 2RM approach as the first step of a layer workout. A layer workout is a session based on only one main movement which is done for several different loading schemes or techniques in the same workout.

In that case the 2RM is the first layer and the one the other layers are based on (you select the weight for the other layers based on your 2RM result that day).

For example:

LAYER 1
Bench press ramp up to 2RM

LAYER 2
Bench press clusters. Use 90% of your 2RM and perform between 5 and 7 reps, taking 15 seconds of rest between reps (re-rack the bar after each rep)… perform 3 such sets.

LAYER 3
Bench press 5-4-3-2-1. Use 70% of your 2RM and perform the 5-4-3-2-1 rest/pause method (5 reps/15 sec of rest/4 reps/15 sec of rest/3 reps/15 sec of rest/2 reps/10 sec of rest/1 rep/end of set)… re-rack the weight for each period of rest. Do 1-3 such sets.

LAYER 4
Bench press contrast set. Use 60% of your 2RM. Lower the weight superslowly (5-6 seconds), pause at the chest, lift explosively. Do 3 sets of 3-5 reps (stop when you aren’t explosive anymore).

thank again ct !!