Rampage vs. Henderson

Maybe this thread is a little premature, but the news of Henderson coming over to the UFC has me very interested.

So the obvious questions is, what are all of your predictions on this match?

If I had to bet, I’d put my money on Henderson. Just the quality of opposition that he has beaten beats Jackson’s. Nevertheless, I still give Rampage a hell of a shot.
This fight does make for a very interesting matchup between 2 wrestlers, who both have much improved standup skills.

I’d rather see Hendo at 185.

[quote]Jack_Dempsey wrote:
I’d rather see Hendo at 185.[/quote]

Me too. Rampage is too big and powerful for him.

[quote]AAA wrote:
Jack_Dempsey wrote:

Me too. Rampage is too big and powerful for him.[/quote]

Really? I mean, I would probably like to see Hendo fight at 185 too, but I do not necessarily think that Jackson is “too powerful” for him at 205.

Hendo just walked through the guy, Silva, who ktfo’ed Jackson twice.

Yeah i think he’d beat Anderson Silva.

I know Henderson beat Wanderlei but in my opinion Silva was not right that night. Henderson was awesome but I honestly believe the rumors that Silva was sick.

I see Rampage’s size being the big difference, much like the Lindland fight. Two wrestlers, one being bigger than the other. The bigger will probably win. Would probably be a 5 round war though.

There’s exciting opportunities at both weight classes for Henderson.

Rampage is definitely one strong fighter, but I don’t think he’s too much for Henderson. Dan’s fought quite a few 205 pounders, and even the Nogueira brothers. Granted, not one of his opponents had Rampage’s power, but it just goes to show that when Dan employs the right strategy against the right person, he wins fights.

So would Dana White.

Rumor has it that he doesn’t want Hendo fighting in multiple weight classes, and he tried very hard to get Dan to stay at 185, but Dan was dead set on fighting at 205.

For those of you that think Dan is too small to handle himself at 205, don’t forget that the vast majority of his career has been spent fighting 205 pounders and heavyweights. He didn’t officially move to 185 until Bushido 9 back in September of 2005.

Henderson will be just fine at 205.

[quote]Steve4192 wrote:
Jack_Dempsey wrote:

So would Dana White.

Rumor has it that doesn’t want Hendo fighting in multiple weight classes, and he tried very hard to get Dan to stay at 185, but Dan was dead set on fighting at 205.

For those of you that think Dan is too small to handle himself at 205, don’t forget that the vast majority of his career has been spent fighting 205 pounders and heavyweights. He didn’t officially move to 185 until Bushido 9 back in September of 2005.

Henderson will be just fine at 205.[/quote]

I’ve always thought he looked much better stamina wise and his body looks much fuller and stronger at 205. The way he stepped into the ring against Wandy was about perfect for Dan.

Plus, with Filho coming to the UFC and getting a cage and elbows, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near that weight class.

Dan seems to be a very “hot or cold” fighter imo. He is either on(like when he beat Silva) or off(Yuki Kondo). Depends which Dan comes to dance.

Whoever does win, I’d love to see that guy take on Shogun, who destroyed Rampage not to long ago. IMO, Shogun is the best guy out there at 205, and doesn’t have a belt because he hasn’t had the chance.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:

Whoever does win, I’d love to see that guy take on Shogun, who destroyed Rampage not to long ago. IMO, Shogun is the best guy out there at 205, and doesn’t have a belt because he hasn’t had the chance. [/quote]

Agreed.

I’d also like to see Chuck vs Wandy now that both guys are on even footing. I agreed with Dana that it didn’t make much sense to have them fight with Chuck on a roll and Wandy coming coming off two devastating losses, but Chuck ain’t on a roll anymore.

I want to see those two guys scrap, with the winner getting back into the title mix and the loser getting to play gatekeeper for a while.

[quote]Steve4192 wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Whoever does win, I’d love to see that guy take on Shogun, who destroyed Rampage not to long ago. IMO, Shogun is the best guy out there at 205, and doesn’t have a belt because he hasn’t had the chance.

Agreed.

I’d also like to see Chuck vs Wandy now that both guys are on even footing. I agreed with Dana that it didn’t make much sense to have them fight with Chuck on a roll and Wandy coming coming off two devastating losses, but Chuck ain’t on a roll anymore.

I want to see those two guys scrap, with the winner getting back into the title mix and the loser getting to play gatekeeper for a while.[/quote]

At the post-fight press conference a reporter asked Dana if Wandy and Chuck would be a viable fight in the near future with Dana responding by saying, “yea, that’s probably what we will do.” (source: www.subfigther.com)

Essentially they will probably have the winner of Chuck Wandy fight the winner of Hendo Rampage.

Things are starting to look very interesting/exciting.

[quote]bigblue244 wrote:

Essentially they will probably have the winner of Chuck Wandy fight the winner of Hendo Rampage.

[/quote]

In that case, I will be rooting for Chuck. I love Wandy and all, but I want to see Shogun get his chance at a belt, and that ain’t gonna happen if Wandy is the titleholder.