T Nation

Raising Test Levels & Alpha Male

So, i’m 31yo, and I just had a physical. As part of the blood work, they tested by testosterone levels, that came in at a whopping 323 ng/dL.

For my age, my doctor said he would like to see it around 500-550 for my age. He prescribed my Clomid to try and increase the test levels.

The issue is, I plan on competing in Judo, and Clomid, as an anti-estrogen, is banned. Does anyone have any thoughts? Would taking Alpha Male help increase my test levels a couple hundred points to where it needs to be?

I’m not sure, but wouldn’t having a script and actual test numbers show that you’re not taking the clomid as solely a performance enhancer?

You might want to check with somebody to see if you’d be exempt in this case or not.

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
I’m not sure, but wouldn’t having a script and actual test numbers show that you’re not taking the clomid as solely a performance enhancer?

You might want to check with somebody to see if you’d be exempt in this case or not.[/quote]

The problem is, based off my research, it doesn’t seem like the question of whether you are using it solely as a performance enhancer. Outside of certain asthma medications, it appears that if you take any prohibited drug that can increase performance, than you are in big trouble. That is true whether you have a script or not.

You are probably right that banned drugs are banned regardless of a script or not. Simply because you can always find a way to get it a script even though you may not really need one. Even test data can be fudged.

However I would at least make an attempt to verify that from an official. It would also be a good idea to speak with your doctor about the health implications on not taking the drug. You may find later on that you wished you would have, and I would get as much data as possible to make a decision you do not regret.

You could also speak with the doc about Alpha Male, however it may raise your test but there is no assurance on how high. I think the exact amount of boost you get from Alpha Male varies depending on the individual. You could probably take it, and then get your testosterone amounts re-checked.