Raising Metabolism

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]gremlin1267 wrote: However you point out also that by reducing calories/energy intake too much will cause less energy expenditure through a person’s subconsious state. Do you believe that at this point the body’s metabolism starts to waiver and drop down? At what point does your body recognize that you’re not giving it enough calories to continue to lose bodyfat and start shutting down the fatburning process?

v/r

Gremlin[/quote]

Yes, the subconscious drop in activity level is closely linked to a reduction in metabolic rate. More specifically it happens just before your BMR starts to slow down.

A good sign that metabolism slows down is that your morning temperature decreases. Take your temperature every morning upon waking up. When it goes down more than 1 degree and stays there for at least 2 consecutive days, it indicate a drop in metabolism of 5-10%. At this point you might want to increase caloric intake until temperature goes back up to normal.[/quote]

If I keep the caloric level the same, but force myself to increase activity level (more training, cardio, etc), can that bring up metabolism or at least prevent it from slowing?

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

b) an insufficient adaptation period. The body needs some time to switch to being a fat burning machine. 10-14 days is the norm and some need as much as 21 days. If you ingest carbs every 3-4 days, you will NEVER get fat adapted and every bout of low carbs will be hell.

Someone who wants to use a low-carbs approach should do 10-14 days of low-carbs before having his first carb-up. And that first carb-up should only be one meal of roughly 200g of carbs.

As you prolong your diet, longer or more frequent carb-ups can be used.[/quote]

Will the carbs in FINiBARs in the ANACONDA protocol prevent the switch from carb burning to fat burning when I’m on a low carb diet?