Raising Low Testosterone Levels

Yes, it’s highly likely.

I’m gonna give you some “tough love”. We can see you are clearly excited about your new venture into TRT. However you cannot “force” results by taking labs way too soon and making protocol adjustments etc. Most users cannot notice a change in the way they feel until about a month in EARLIEST. So the good news for you… you should start to notice more well being, stronger libido, energy etc very soon. I recommend you stop thinking about it, do nothing to your protocol for the next month, no labs, and then pull labs at 8 weeks. Evaluate how you feel at that time.

5 Likes

T might not be the only problem, you may have other unaddressed issues that need attention.

There are things that can make TRT much less effective, ie. low iron, vitamin D, low thyroid hormones and cortisol.

You can’t even metabolize testosterone well if your thyroid hormones are low.

TRT is not a panacea or a quick fix.

2 Likes

Hard to say for sure at this point with total test levels only, but I think you’re likely under dosed. Most guys I see report improvement in two to three weeks. Not every, but easily more than half.

it is, so no need to test it. It’s reversible.

This, take your testosterone and enjoy your life.

1 Like

I honestly think that vital herbal tongkat ali is a supplement you can use for the long term. I’ve experience better quality in sustained energy throughout the day, better sleep quality according to my Fitbit tracker and libido according to my fiancé. LOL. I actually recommended that my fiancé take it as well. Good results in a very short time frame.

Today I was met with my doctor. He saw my blood tests and we discussed my clinical situation since I’m feeling just like I was before starting TRT. He decided to increase my dosage. So my new protocol is 250mg of Testosterone enanthate once a week. Honestly speaking, I’m a little bit anxious after that decision since it seems to me that this dose is quite high. He told me that we will watch closely how this new protocol will work. Has anybody tried this protocol? I would like to hear his experience.
Furthermore, I would like be more autonomous as far as it concerns my injections and learn to self injected. Are there any videos on self-injection? What are the main concerns that I should take into account when I self-injected?

This is what some people use for steroid “blasts”, and is likely going to put you well over the range of even most top-end TRT users.

200mg/wk is typically the ‘ceiling’ for TRT patients, and even that is a bit questionable when looking at labs… This should be qualified more under the category of “TOT” (Testosterone Optimization Therapy), which is usually sports performance based in nature.

Inject either SubQ (into fat) or Intramuscular (IM). Wash your hands, don’t re-use needles, flush out any bubbles in the syringe, use alcohol swabs liberally before injecting, don’t inject too fast (you’ll know because it will feel uncomfortable).

2 Likes

I think your problem is your injection frequency and not the dosage and or you have other issues.

1 Like

At this dose (250mg per week) will be any side effects (high estrogen, hematocrit etc)?
Because at my current protocol everything in my blood test is ok, but I’m not feeling better.

I have created three different protocols on the same 250 mg dosage, the only difference is the injection frequency. The release of testosterone is profoundly different across all of these protocols as is the average testosterone level.

The first protocol is one 250 mg injection every 7 days.

This protocol is two injections (125 mg x2) per week.

This protocol is split up daily.

Don’t let this go over your head, let it sink in. More testosterone more than likely isn’t the answer.

If your thyroid is underperforming, you can’t metabolize testosterone and therefore it won’t do anything.

I haven’t used an alcohol swab in years now. Never had an issue.

My thyroid seems good at blood tests. TSH at 1.78. Never had problems with my thyroid.
Also Vitamin D, iron, vitamin B12 all seems good.
I’ll try 250mg and see what will happen.

Two days after starting my new TRT protocol at 250mg once per week I catch a really bad cold flu with fever, cough and an extreme feeling of exhaustion. I’ m on antibiotics, so I couldn’t evaluate how my new TRT protocol works. Furthermore, today was the day of my weekly injection, but I decided to skip my injection and delay it for 2-3 days till I’m feeling quite better. I don’t know if this was a correct decision. Hope not causing any problem from this delay.

When you’re ready to listen to reason, I’ll be here.

1 Like

Do you think that there is a colleration between my TRT protocol and the cold flu?
What’s the reason? I’m ready to hear any opinion.
Do you propose daily injections at smaller doses as far as I can understand?

I started TRT two separate times and each time I would get of ear infections 2-3 times before my body adapted to TRT.

This happens because testosterone effects immune function.

Based on your lack of response to a weekly protocol, I would drop your weekly dose down to 100 mg and split it up 3-4 times per week.

As far as daily injections, it’s a big commitment so let’s see how you do injecting 3-4 times per week.

At the end of the day it’s up to you what you want to do.

I believed that testosterone makes the immune system stronger. The exact diagnosis of my problem was sinusitis and I’m on antibiotics (amoxicillin), but while generally I don’t easily get infections, this time sinusitis seems to persist.
As far as you can understand, I’m trying to avoid very frequent injections. It’s difficult for me to being injected 3-4 times a week. I’ve heard of people doing well injecting once a week.
Some personal question: what’s your TRT protocol (frequency of injections, dosage)?, how old are you? what’s your testosterone, estradiol and hematocrit levels from following your protocol?

Your hormone levels are in flux right now, so all bets are off because your body isn’t in a state of homeostasis.

How’s that working out for you?

You can’t expect something to work for you just because it works for other people.

When I was on injections I only felt benefit injecting daily or every other day, once and twice weekly I felt nothing, natta, no anabolic effects whatsoever.

I’m having an amazing response to twice daily dosing on Jatenzo (@ 237 mg x2) which has an 8 hour half-life.

I don’t do well on medium, longer half-life esters. I require large frequent spikes to respond to treatment and this can only be achieved on very short half-life formulations of TRT.

I’m 50 and feel younger, before Jatenzo I felt like an 85 year old man.

My Total T is 1052 ng/dL, Free T 33.6 (7.0-36.7), estrogen estimation is very high if you go based off my previous levels when on injections which was 49-90 pg/mL.

My hematocrit is between 50-55% and hemoglobin 16.6-18.9.

@Greek37
I’m guessing you’ll feel pretty good on 250mg a week, you’ll probably get acne and a bit bloated at first but that should pass, but you’ll probably feel pretty damn good.
Then you’ll do blood tests and realize your levels are way too high and your doc (I hope) will lower your levels. Then you’ll forever be thinkin TRT should feel better than this.
I started at 400mg which was fab but now even 250 just doesn’t really feel enough. At 150mg a week my levels are over the normal range so I don’t do more but oh boy do I want to.

My advice, bearing in mind I’m not a medical professional or even pretend to be one on the internet is tell your doc you’d like to go to 150mg a week, in one or two shots (I’d not do more as the less you need to do the better and if you do want to increase later on you can. I’ve tried one to 5 shots a week, don’t think I cant tell much ether way so now do 2. I want to do just one but then my peak would be pretty high).
I would then suggest you stop reading forums, stop blood tests and stop thinkin about it for at least 4 weeks, more if possible.

Do you need a really high amount to get you feeling normal? I don’t know.
Do you need to inject 4 or 5 days a week?
Again I don’t know but most people don’t need either of these things. If you do then you can do them in a few months when the things that work for most people have been tried and give time to work.

Sorry if I’ve missed something that makes the above irrelevant.

As mentioned I’m not a medical professional but I’d suggest you caught an infection because your body was exposed to a high level of pathogens that overwhelmed your immune system, same as if you weren’t on TRT or if you’d been on it for years.
Basically you’ll still get ill, still get days your dick is tired before you are, days you won’t want to go to the gym/work/shops etc.

1 Like

:point_up_2: