Raised Handle Trapbar

Has any one used this type of raised handle trapbar?

As you can see, it has a u-shaped elevated grip…I am wondering this:

If you inverted the bar so the handles dip below the plane of the barbell would it be hard to balance?

Here is the picture

My old gym had one of these.

I used to use it for trap bar deadlifts but because of the grips I either had to use 25lb plates and when that got too light I used 45lb plates and stand on aerobic steps.

I never tried what you are asking but I imagine it would be hard to balance.

I have a standard hex bar so I haven’t used the one you are referring to but I would guess that inverting it (to increase the range of motion) would cause it to be very difficult in terms of balancing. I have seen ones that have both the regular grip and raised grip at the same time, which might appeal to you.

[quote]bretc wrote:
I have a standard hex bar so I haven’t used the one you are referring to but I would guess that inverting it (to increase the range of motion) would cause it to be very difficult in terms of balancing. I have seen ones that have both the regular grip and raised grip at the same time, which might appeal to you.[/quote]

The double grip variety seems to being getting scarce. I think you are right, inverting the handles would be a PITA.

DirtyTiger,

Yes, the one you pictured is a bitch to invert due to balance.

Power-Systems sells one just like the one you were looking at, but with the double grip, for $139.95:

http://power-systems.com/nav/closeup.aspx?c=17&sc=79&g=2465&Hex/Bar

[quote]Modi wrote:
DirtyTiger,

Power-Systems sells one just like the one you were looking at, but with the double grip, for $139.95:

[/quote]

Thanx for the link, I actually just found a a normal Olympic trap bar for $99 + $20 shipping.

I only wanted the trap bar pictured if it could be inverted.

I now own two trap bars… A standard and an olympic.

That young lady has a nice body.

I wouldn’t mind inverting her.

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:
That young lady has a nice body.

I wouldn’t mind inverting her.[/quote]

Ditto

Maybe I’m picky, but I think she’s ugly. Then again, my pickiness did give me a hot girlfriend.

My trap bar has the raised handles and it’s very hard to balance upside down. However, right side up it’s one of my favorite pieces of equipment. Much more versatile than some might assume. I use the handle holes in the plates for wide grip rows and deads/squats for instance. Not to mention regular bent over rows and some other creative stuff.

[quote]Modi wrote:
DirtyTiger,

[/quote]

If that bar is even half ass strong it’s a steal at 140 clams. Out of Stock though. My wife paid 150 or 160 for mine. It’s rated for 600 pounds.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
My trap bar has the raised handles and it’s very hard to balance upside down. However, right side up it’s one of my favorite pieces of equipment. Much more versatile than some might assume. I use the handle holes in the plates for wide grip rows and deads/squats for instance. Not to mention regular bent over rows and some other creative stuff.[/quote]

Yea, but you can do that with a barbell and what not. I think they’re a waste of money, but whatever floats my boat may sink yours.

Eh…Go Wings?

this is the one I want! thats 900lbs on that bar!
if you want the handles lower you can always tand on a sturdy block of wood or something.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
If that bar is even half ass strong it’s a steal at 140 clams. Out of Stock though. My wife paid 150 or 160 for mine. It’s rated for 600 pounds. [/quote]

Tirib,

I actually have the other one that they sell for $129 (the Super Deadlift Bar). I’ve had 400-500lbs on there on a number of occasions without any problems. The only problem is that the raised handles rotate, so it is damn near impossible to pull heavy with it, that’s why I flip that one over.

There stuff is pretty decent, and if it’s out of stock, it only takes a week or so before they have it back in stock.

[quote]KO421 wrote:

this is the one I want! thats 900lbs on that bar!
if you want the handles lower you can always tand on a sturdy block of wood or something.[/quote]

Yeah! I’ve checked out that bar in the past, I would love to pull that much weight on it!

Right now I am interested ih hi-rep squatlifts.

[quote]Modi wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
If that bar is even half ass strong it’s a steal at 140 clams. Out of Stock though. My wife paid 150 or 160 for mine. It’s rated for 600 pounds.

Tirib,

I actually have the other one that they sell for $129 (the Super Deadlift Bar). I’ve had 400-500lbs on there on a number of occasions without any problems. The only problem is that the raised handles rotate, so it is damn near impossible to pull heavy with it, that’s why I flip that one over.

There stuff is pretty decent, and if it’s out of stock, it only takes a week or so before they have it back in stock.[/quote]

I kinda like that bar! It’s longer than a trapbar though. It would be a problem to haul around, I plan on taking my trapbar back and forth from the gym.

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
Maybe I’m picky, but I think she’s ugly. Then again, my pickiness did give me a hot girlfriend.[/quote]

Free eye exams and 50% off all eyeglasses and contacts at “EYES 4U” located in the local mall. Better hurry though because its a limited time offer.

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:
Modi wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

Tirib,

There stuff is pretty decent, and if it’s out of stock, it only takes a week or so before they have it back in stock.

I kinda like that bar! It’s longer than a trapbar though. It would be a problem to haul around, I plan on taking my trapbar back and forth from the gym.[/quote]

Yep, it’s probably a good foot longer than the hex bar.

[quote]DM246 wrote:
Fulmen wrote:
Maybe I’m picky, but I think she’s ugly. Then again, my pickiness did give me a hot girlfriend.

Free eye exams and 50% off all eyeglasses and contacts at “EYES 4U” located in the local mall. Better hurry though because its a limited time offer.

[/quote]

I must be blind, because to me her tits aren’t big enough.