Raise Taxes/Create Jobs

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]Sweet Revenge wrote:

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

And throwing money at construction programs does create jobs. [/quote]

It also creates worthless empty houses and strip malls.[/quote]

We are talking about two different things here.

TAXPAYER supported construction programs build things like infrastructure, schools, some hospitals, bases and housing for armed forces, some laboratories, etc.

PRIVATE DEVELOPMENT (SPECULATIVE) construction programs build housing developments and strip malls. That market crashed with the financial crisis as investors couldn’t get financed. A blessing in disguise if you ask me, because there is too much of that kind of overdeveloped sprawl. There should be a law against…oh nevermind. Don’t get me started.

[/quote]

This has been “a bottomless black hole” for money to get lost in in California. Projects (like the subway to the see, the roast goat express, and countless others), are calculated much lower (not by accident) than they really cost, so the city council can propose such a grand idea to tax payers in the form of a bond measure. This story goes something like this…

"We (the worthless legislature hell bent on making you pull your pants down and not even using lube when we fuck you in the ass), would like to propose bond measure X, this would allocate funds for the construction of X (a library, school, hospital, jail, government building, etc.)

Then they use colorful euphemisms, like, “this will help ease the burden of _____”. Or this will help make _______ easier, more efficient, and more streamlined. Then the people buy the bullshit, hearing about how it won’t cost very much. What happens is, many of these budget proposals are DRASTICALLY underestimated, and done intentionally. So, the bullet train idea here in Cali was projected by some “government estimator” (which means he was hand picked to low ball the estimate), cost $10 Billion. Then you bring in a couple of other private contractors who estimate it, and the cost comes to around $40-50 Billion. But the public is told the $10 Billion number for obvious reasons. So they approve it and start building. After about a year, the $10 Billion is up, and they need more money. Then you hear “WTF is going on? You told us it would cost $10 Billion!” Then the govt says, well that didn’t include X,Y, and Z. We need another __ dollars to finish this. The city council will then offer another bond measure to pay for the rest, because, “we can’t just let $10 Billion go to waste. We can’t just walk away from this.”

This whole scheme works by getting their foot in the door. Once it’s in, they use the "what? You won’t let us in when I already have one of my feet in the door? "

NEVER, N-E-V-E-R, let the government get a project even started, for reasons like this.

It’s like what is happening here in Cali. We had tax increases to obscene levels, with the promise that it would be for only 2 years. Well, the 2 years is up this June, and guess what, they want to maintain those increases for another 5 years. We have Republicans selling out, and allowing for the proposal to go to a vote. Of course, we will vote it down, (because yes I am VERY FUCKING VOCAL and spread the truth like wildfire here.) Then, when the tax extension fails, the prick state legislature will have to cut $29 Billion. Personally, I can’t wait, I am drooling thinking about it. If you think what’s happening in Wisconsin is something, just wait til this shit hits Cali. [/quote]

You are spot on Max. The thing that gets me is why people keep voting YES on every proposition/ballot initiative in this state. It doesn’t matter what it’s for. The proposition system might have sounded like a good idea at the time. In theory, it puts more power with the people, and usually I’m all for that. Unfortunately, it’s just way too easy to collect signatures to get the things on the ballot. Californian’s have NEVER seen a bond they didn’t like.
[/quote]

Because it is all free money created by magic faries.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

TAXPAYER supported construction programs build things like infrastructure, schools, some hospitals, bases and housing for armed forces, some laboratories, etc.

PRIVATE DEVELOPMENT (SPECULATIVE) construction programs build housing developments and strip malls. That market crashed with the financial crisis as investors couldn’t get financed. A blessing in disguise if you ask me, because there is too much of that kind of overdeveloped sprawl. There should be a law against…oh nevermind. Don’t get me started.

[/quote]

Hippie.[/quote]

Well, like LIFTIC said…the market corrects itself which is good. But not soon enough. Now we have to look at the sprawl of vacant crap because of greedy developers and clueless local zoning boards.
[/quote]

If the market does not correct “soon enough” you can be sure it is because of fascist protection programs brought about by union lobbies and other “do-gooder” schemes.

[quote]Valor wrote:
[/quote]

Pay no attention to the men behind curtain.

[quote]Valor wrote:

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[/quote]

This has been “a bottomless black hole” for money to get lost in in California. Projects (like the subway to the see, the roast goat express, and countless others), are calculated much lower (not by accident) than they really cost, so the city council can propose such a grand idea to tax payers in the form of a bond measure. This story goes something like this…

"We (the worthless legislature hell bent on making you pull your pants down and not even using lube when we fuck you in the ass), would like to propose bond measure X, this would allocate funds for the construction of X (a library, school, hospital, jail, government building, etc.)

Then they use colorful euphemisms, like, “this will help ease the burden of _____”. Or this will help make _______ easier, more efficient, and more streamlined. Then the people buy the bullshit, hearing about how it won’t cost very much. What happens is, many of these budget proposals are DRASTICALLY underestimated, and done intentionally. So, the bullet train idea here in Cali was projected by some “government estimator” (which means he was hand picked to low ball the estimate), cost $10 Billion. Then you bring in a couple of other private contractors who estimate it, and the cost comes to around $40-50 Billion. But the public is told the $10 Billion number for obvious reasons. So they approve it and start building. After about a year, the $10 Billion is up, and they need more money. Then you hear “WTF is going on? You told us it would cost $10 Billion!” Then the govt says, well that didn’t include X,Y, and Z. We need another __ dollars to finish this. The city council will then offer another bond measure to pay for the rest, because, “we can’t just let $10 Billion go to waste. We can’t just walk away from this.”

This whole scheme works by getting their foot in the door. Once it’s in, they use the "what? You won’t let us in when I already have one of my feet in the door? "

NEVER, N-E-V-E-R, let the government get a project even started, for reasons like this.

It’s like what is happening here in Cali. We had tax increases to obscene levels, with the promise that it would be for only 2 years. Well, the 2 years is up this June, and guess what, they want to maintain those increases for another 5 years. We have Republicans selling out, and allowing for the proposal to go to a vote. Of course, we will vote it down, (because yes I am VERY FUCKING VOCAL and spread the truth like wildfire here.) Then, when the tax extension fails, the prick state legislature will have to cut $29 Billion. Personally, I can’t wait, I am drooling thinking about it. If you think what’s happening in Wisconsin is something, just wait til this shit hits Cali. [/quote]

You are spot on Max. The thing that gets me is why people keep voting YES on every proposition/ballot initiative in this state. It doesn’t matter what it’s for. The proposition system might have sounded like a good idea at the time. In theory, it puts more power with the people, and usually I’m all for that. Unfortunately, it’s just way too easy to collect signatures to get the things on the ballot. Californian’s have NEVER seen a bond they didn’t like.
[/quote]

[/quote]

More like black magic.

When you have your car tax DOUBLED, you lose your child tax credit, you have your sales tax raised by 1.5%, your property tax raised, state college tuition raised by 30%, your energy (water,gas, electric) raised by 20%, you start to wonder why you didn’t just stay in Neverland.

Where is Bill Maher when you need him, so I can shout in his face as to where all this fucking money is going? All this tax revenue, and still a $29 Billion dollar deficit! Could it be, it’s to fund the government worker pension beast? Is Wisconsin really full of shit ?

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ya know, I really do question democracy sometimes. Why should we leave really important decisions to people who probably dont even know what the hell they’re talking about?

Also, please, guys, dont let this gas tax happen. Can we not letthis happen? Please?

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Why should we leave really important decisions to people who probably dont even know what the hell they’re talking about?[/quote]

The easiest way to steal the keys to the kingdom is to give stupid people the illusion they are in control. Democracy fail.

The right to vote should be limited to those who are up to date on the issues. I don’t care if we need a test or something to verify this, but people who are totally oblivious should not be allowed to vote.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
The right to vote should be limited to those who are up to date on the issues. I don’t care if we need a test or something to verify this, but people who are totally oblivious should not be allowed to vote.[/quote]

That’s dumb because you’d then be handing over the keys to the people who write the tests.

The best solution is for people to mind their own business and keep their mitts to themselves.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
The right to vote should be limited to those who are up to date on the issues. I don’t care if we need a test or something to verify this, but people who are totally oblivious should not be allowed to vote.[/quote]

That’s dumb because you’d then be handing over the keys to the people who write the tests.

The best solution is for people to mind their own business and keep their mitts to themselves.[/quote]

I would be happy to write the test, in English only, formatted as fill in the blank only.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

The best solution is for people to mind their own business and keep their mitts to themselves.[/quote]

I would be happy to write the test, in English only, formatted as fill in the blank only. [/quote]

Cool, can I grade it.

Y’all fail.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

I would be happy to write the test, in English only, formatted as fill in the blank only. [/quote]

Cool, can I grade it.

Y’all fail.[/quote]

There is hope my friend, just heard some good news here in Cali…

State Republicans will not sign on to the governor’s proposal to extend the obscene tax raises for another 5 years. The governor needs 5 Republicans, and all of them have openly opposed it. Should it not be put on the ballot for a vote, Cali looks to cut $29 Billion. Thunderdome is coming.