Rage X Bench Shirt Help Please

Tried to work out in my new Rage X for the first time today and it didn’t go too well. The arms were so tight it took us literally an hour to get the shirt on and it still wasnt on all the way. The arm holes are so small that they cut off circulation and my hands turned purple and numb so I couldnt grip the bar or even get one lift with it. I guess I have to go to a tailor and get the sleeves altered. Has anyone else had problems like this with a Rage X and what did you do to correct it?

I found the sleeves on the RageX to be both way too long and really tapered. All I had to do was have the tailor knock 3" off the sleeves and hem.

This is such a common problem that Inzer offers a 2" shortening as a standard customization.

Try using a shoe horn or similar object that you can adjust to widen the sleeves.

The Rage sleeves are long, thats part of the shirt. If there is a little extra length it won’t hurt to bunch it up just before your elbow. Use plastic Wal-Mart bags to slide the shirt on. Its actually quite simple with them. You can use any other bag that you want to but we found those slide easiest. Put your thumb through the handles and obviously open up the bottom of the sack. Word to the wise, only go about halfway up the bicep with the bag or else you won’t be able to get the bag out from under the sleeves. Remember to have the seams even with your elbow, twisting of the sleeve inward will make the shirt tighter, as will pulling it downward. We found its easiest to have whomever is wearing the shirt to hold onto a piece of equipment while pushing not pulling the sleeve up. After you get the sleeves past the elbow and set in at the shoulder, grab above the shoulder from behind and have the person make a punching motion to get it set in further. Pull the shirt down and use a belt to keep it down so you don’t pass out. Work the shirt in with boards.

…one more thing: if you’re going numb and purple go up a size. We had that happen to one of our lifters, even though we measured correctly it was still too tight.

[quote]RCarlton wrote:
…one more thing: if you’re going numb and purple go up a size. We had that happen to one of our lifters, even though we measured correctly it was still too tight. [/quote]

I had the same problem with my Rage X. I think that Inzer screws up their sizing all too often. I went up a size and it worked out good. Is that your dog in the picture? He/she is badass!

Ha, not my dog, just thought the picture was awesome. I have a goofy 8mo old chocolate lab. He doesn’t make for very intimidating pictures.

The shirt felt pretty good on the shoulders and in the chest, it didnt seem too small there, so Im a little scared to go up a size. Im a 181 which for the Rage X is a size 44. 198 goes size 46 so I think that may be too big for me. I think the best option seems to be to get the sleeves tailored a few inches and hemed like W.E.C said. But Im not sure about this either, if the sleeves are actually part of what apparently separates this shirt from others

I don’t buy those bodyweight measurements; definitely go with your chest measurement. I’m 175 normally, and compete at 165, yet I’m somewhat snug in a double-ply 48 Rage-X. I’d be better off in a 46, but I know I’ll be bumping up a weight class in the not-so-distant future. No way in hell that I fit into a 42, and I seriously doubt that most of the accomplished 165s (Angelo B. and Tony C. come to mind) could fit into 42s.

[quote]PrideOnTheLine wrote:
The shirt felt pretty good on the shoulders and in the chest, it didnt seem too small there, so Im a little scared to go up a size. Im a 181 which for the Rage X is a size 44. 198 goes size 46 so I think that may be too big for me. I think the best option seems to be to get the sleeves tailored a few inches and hemed like W.E.C said. But Im not sure about this either, if the sleeves are actually part of what apparently separates this shirt from others[/quote]

quick q, abductors antigaoints is glutes, synerigsts is TFL?

Yea, I guess the bodyweight sizes are a little messed up. I just ordered another shirt, and went up in size. Im also still going to get the sleeves on my size 44 altered by a few inches, and then Ill see which shirt I like best. Guess its always good to have a back up either way in case of a blowout

[quote]PrideOnTheLine wrote:
Yea, I guess the bodyweight sizes are a little messed up. I just ordered another shirt, and went up in size. Im also still going to get the sleeves on my size 44 altered by a few inches, and then Ill see which shirt I like best. Guess its always good to have a back up either way in case of a blowout[/quote]

Just a note on sizing the Rage-X:

Measure your chest around the nipple line. Order the shirt the next even size over your chest measurement. If you chest measures 44 or 45, get a 46. If you measure 47, get a 48, etc.

The bodyweight sizing is BS, it doesn’t really work.

Also, if the chest on your shirt works, and the arms are too tight, Inzer can do a custom 44 with 46 arms, just call them and ask.