Radiofrequency Ablation

hey guys I was wondering if anyone has ever had this done ? Im supposed to have it done though my back …any info or insight would be great…

[quote]fightu35 wrote:
hey guys I was wondering if anyone has ever had this done ? Im supposed to have it done though my back …any info or insight would be great…[/quote]

It works with some but not all back injuries. With my current injury, I’m not a candidate. Your pain management or other care professional should be better to answer the question, good luck!

[quote]beachguy498 wrote:

[quote]fightu35 wrote:
hey guys I was wondering if anyone has ever had this done ? Im supposed to have it done though my back …any info or insight would be great…[/quote]

It works with some but not all back injuries. With my current injury, I’m not a candidate. Your pain management or other care professional should be better to answer the question, good luck![/quote]

thank u its for the nerve that goes in between the 5th and 6th rib…I talked to the DR that wants to do it,just wondering some feedback from those who had it done,thank u again

[quote]fightu35 wrote:

[quote]fightu35 wrote:

It works with some but not all back injuries. With my current injury, I’m not a candidate. Your pain management or other care professional should be better to answer the question, good luck![/quote]

thank u its for the nerve that goes in between the 5th and 6th rib…I talked to the DR that
wants to do it,just wondering some feedback from those who had it done,thank u again[/quote]

Is this an intercostal rib injury? I was told that RFA wouldn’t work in my case. But I’m sure as shit no expert with someone elses problem on the internets. Its minimally invasive and worth a try.

Rob

[quote]fightu35 wrote:

[quote]fightu35 wrote:

thank u its for the nerve that goes in between the 5th and 6th rib…I talked to the DR that
wants to do it,just wondering some feedback from those who had it done,thank u again[/quote]

Is this an intercostal rib injury? I was told that RFA wouldn’t work in my case. But I’m sure as shit no expert with someone elses problem on the internets. Its minimally invasive and worth a try.

Rob
[/quote]

sort of yes…I really do not know 100% after several DR so they are gonna treat that nerve that runs out of the spine and in between the ribs…nerve block and cortisone has worked so they think this will…instead of repeated injections and I will no take pain meds…I asked 4 DR to inject the nerve with alcohol as this kills it,sometimes for ever but they refused saying to dangerous in case I ever broke my rib I would not know and it could puncture my lung…thank u for the reply…I go for this Monday so we shall see

[/quote]

sort of yes…I really do not know 100% after several DR so they are gonna treat that nerve that runs out of the spine and in between the ribs…nerve block and cortisone has worked so they think this will…instead of repeated injections and I will no take pain meds…I asked 4 DR to inject the nerve with alcohol as this kills it,sometimes for ever but they refused saying to dangerous in case I ever broke my rib I would not know and it could puncture my lung…thank u for the reply…I go for this Monday so we shall see[/quote]

Let us know how it works out. I go for another intercostal nerve block next week myself, hope it works this time. I have a pretty good prescription for pain killers that gets me through the day and keeps me functional, eventually I have to go off them.

Rob

[/quote]

sort of yes…I really do not know 100% after several DR so they are gonna treat that nerve that runs out of the spine and in between the ribs…nerve block and cortisone has worked so they think this will…instead of repeated injections and I will no take pain meds…I asked 4 DR to inject the nerve with alcohol as this kills it,sometimes for ever but they refused saying to dangerous in case I ever broke my rib I would not know and it could puncture my lung…thank u for the reply…I go for this Monday so we shall see[/quote]

Let us know how it works out. I go for another intercostal nerve block next week myself, hope it works this time. I have a pretty good prescription for pain killers that gets me through the day and keeps me functional, eventually I have to go off them.

Rob[/quote]

I will thank you…

wanted to let you guys know I had it done and so far its great,pain stopped right away and it was not to bad while they where doing it,took about 30 mins…I recommend it…thank u for the replys

[quote]fightu35 wrote:
wanted to let you guys know I had it done and so far its great,pain stopped right away and it was not to bad while they where doing it,took about 30 mins…I recommend it…thank u for the replys[/quote]

Wow, great when something actually works. My intercostal nerve block 2 days ago was a bust… gonna ask my pain doc about the RFA procedure again.

Rob

let me know how u make out…