T Nation

Radical Muslims vs. South Park

Here is a short interview with Matt and Trey about the 200th episode of South Park:

Apparently the episode didn’t go over well with some Muslims:

Some people just take things too seriously.

What disgusting people and what a disgusting website they run.

Scroll down to the Counter Counter Terrorism posts on the website (if you can stomach it) for a nice firsthand, honest look into the way indoctrination is planned out.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
What disgusting people and what a disgusting website they run.

Scroll down to the Counter Counter Terrorism posts on the website (if you can stomach it) for a nice firsthand, honest look into the way indoctrination is planned out.[/quote]

You sir, are braver than I - I didn’t go to the organization’s site in part because I don’t care what they have to say and in part because I don’t want a record of my computer visiting a site like that.

It’s about as ugly as it gets. It’s a rather disturbing experience to peek into that world. I didn’t stick around long.

What’s really fucked up is that they were able to represent Muhammad earlier in a Super Best Friends episode. The network dropped its balls only after the Danish cartoon “scandal”.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
What’s really fucked up is that they were able to represent Muhammad earlier in a Super Best Friends episode. The network dropped its balls only after the Danish cartoon “scandal”.[/quote]

Yeah Trey and Matt hit on this in the video I posted in my original post. This is the second time since the Danish cartoon scandal that they have tried to show Muhammad (the cartoon wars episode(s) was the first) and both times comedy central management has trumped them to a degree.

I find it funny that this muslim group has gotten so worked up yet they a) haven’t technically shown Muhammad yet since he was in a u-haul and then in a mascot costume and b) they showed Buddah doing a line of coke in the last episode yet haven’t shown Muhammad in a negative way at all (the only jokes have been that you can’t show him and you can’t make fun of him - which are not portraying him in a negative way IMO).

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It’s a bit sad if you feel that a satirical cartoon is a serious threat to your beliefs.

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:
It’s a bit sad if you feel that a satirical cartoon is a serious threat to your beliefs.[/quote]

Jesus - Magic wizard, powers similar to a fairy, massive limitations and can only use his full power when killed.

Buddha - Snorts coke in front of kids, doesn’t really believe in evil.

Muhammad - woah dude that’s off limits man you don’t go there

I’m wondering how madly this post will be edited, or even if it will be posted at all given the recent “incident” with a certain respected board member and the circumstances around him leaving.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
It’s about as ugly as it gets. It’s a rather disturbing experience to peek into that world. I didn’t stick around long.[/quote]

I couldn’t get to it, perhaps it was shut down?

Might be getting hammered with a lot of traffic due to the publicity, or even a denial-of-service attack.

Might be getting hammered with a lot of traffic due to the publicity, or even a denial-of-service attack.[/quote]

When I saw that it was the subject of that news article I rather suspected this, and that I wouldn’t even be able to open up the site. Probably what has happened now.

If it opens up again and anyone wants material on pure, unadulterated, truly hate-driven radicalism, there’s a goldmine of stuff there.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

It’s a bit sad if you feel that a satirical cartoon is a serious threat to your beliefs.[/quote]

Jesus - Magic wizard, powers similar to a fairy, massive limitations and can only use his full power when killed.

Buddha - Snorts coke in front of kids, doesn’t really believe in evil.

Muhammad - woah dude that’s off limits man you don’t go there

I’m wondering how madly this post will be edited, or even if it will be posted at all given the recent “incident” with a certain respected board member and the circumstances around him leaving.[/quote]

That is a funny post Mak. No worries here.

“It is the test of a good religion whether you can make a joke about it.”

• G.K. Chesterton

Hmmmm…well, that^^ doesn’t speak terribly well of Islam, does it?

Buddhism isn’t, technically speaking, a religion; but rather a muddle-headed philosophy.

And that leaves us with Christianiity, which has been the source of much merriment and joking for 2,000 years.

[quote]katzenjammer wrote:

• G.K. Chesterton

Buddhism isn’t, technically speaking, a religion; but rather a muddle-headed philosophy.

And that leaves us with Christianiity, which has been the source of much merriment and joking for 2,000 years. [/quote]

Sorry, Dude, the Jews are way funnier.

All radical muslims need to be taken out, they are the cancer of this world.

I cant stand those nasty bearded, women beating, man fucking scum of the earth.

Damn, and I thought that Libs lacked a sense of humor.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

• G.K. Chesterton

And that leaves us with Christianiity, which has been the source of much merriment and joking for 2,000 years. [/quote]

Sorry, Dude, the Jews are way funnier.[/quote]

Touche!

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

• G.K. Chesterton

Sorry, Dude, the Jews are way funnier.[/quote]

Touche!
[/quote]

Nice.

I was wanting to write “Touche!” but it wasn’t my post so I couldn’t and I felt anxiety.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
All radical muslims need to be taken out, they are the cancer of this world.

I cant stand those nasty bearded, women beating, man fucking scum of the earth.[/quote]

This. I’m in total agreement.