Radiation Risk to the West Coast?

After 2 full blown nuclear detonations (as opposed to leaks) at the end of WWII, how many people died of radiation poisoning in the US? Just looking for statistics before I start panicking and building a bomb shelter to put 10 years worth of supplies in it and lock myself away.

LOOK A CHUPACABRA!

[quote]Wambat wrote:
Oh, so you don’t think Pearl Harbor was a Japanese fuck up? … Your from Scotland right?
[/quote]

Ahhhhhhh yer trolling. Gotcha.

[quote]postholedigger wrote:
After 2 full blown nuclear detonations (as opposed to leaks) at the end of WWII, how many people died of radiation poisoning in the US? Just looking for statistics before I start panicking and building a bomb shelter to put 10 years worth of supplies in it and lock myself away.

LOOK A CHUPACABRA![/quote]

Wait, you haven’t built a bombshelter yet?

Where you gonna find time is something really happens!

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
There are reports of people stocking up on shit, but personally I won’t buy into it. [/quote]

Max - I haven’t seen this yet, but I’m on my way to Costco this morning and will let you know if I see people piling huge quantities of stuff in their carts. Wait a minute…that’s normal behavior at Costco.

I’ll admit I’ve been a bit worried about being here on the coast if they do have a meltdown, but no, I’m not heading inland just yet.

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Wambat wrote:
Oh, so you don’t think Pearl Harbor was a Japanese fuck up? … Your from Scotland right?
[/quote]

Ahhhhhhh yer trolling. Gotcha.[/quote]

Yeah, he’s doing the same in the Tsunami thread. What a dick.

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Wambat wrote:
[/quote]

Yeah, he’s doing the same in the Tsunami thread. What a dick.[/quote]

Why would I what to be trolling this. I have asked some legitament questions to which only really Maximus has replied.

Look I am just very concerned with the current situation that is unfolding right now in Fukushima and am angry that this disaster is escalating, given all the supposed regulatory devices in place.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

[quote]Wambat wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Wambat wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Wambat wrote:
^^People are already dead from this fuck head, and there will be many more. Have some respect.[/quote]
If you’re talking about the workers at the facility that are trying to contain the fires and fix the damage, you’re right. They are heroes.

Don’t start calling names.
[/quote]
Sorry Nards, wasn’t directed at you.[/quote]

Oh, was it to me? For my response to Nards on a comment completely unrelated to the crisis in Japan but very related to the propagandic hysteria of ‘world-ending disasters’ like 2012 and 2YK comment he made?

Respect? Don’t talk to me about respect.

“US citizens are now at risk again from Japanese fuck ups.”

^ who said that there? Yea, you.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Jesus Christ. Did you just bring up Pearl Harbor?

FUCK YOU WHARE! FUCK-A YOU DORPHIN![/quote]

Can I just point out that despite what that looks like I didn’t actually raise the point of Pearl Harbour, cause, well…that would just be moronic and entirely insensitive. The dude just fails at quoting people.

[quote]Wambat wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Wambat wrote:
[/quote]

Why would I what to be trolling this. I have asked some legitament questions to which only really Maximus has replied.

[/quote]

Does it really need to be spelled out for you? Go batshit over the current situation by all means, whatever gets you through it, but commenting on the situation as a “Japanese fuck up” and comparing it to Pearl Harbour is about as sensitive and respectful as shitting on someones head and then asking them how they like their fancy new hat.

This is all a bunch of bullshit. After Chernobyl radiation spread as far as Western Europe, which I believe is closer to to Chernobyl than we are to Japan. And no one in Western Europe died. Plus, us here on the West Coast are immunized to that shit; we’ve breathing China’s pollution delivered to us via the jetstream for decades. At this point, a little radiation’s nothing. Besides, I’m not tripping anyways. I have a bomb shelter twenty feet under my house that’ll take anything but a direct hit from a nuclear bomb.

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Wambat wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Wambat wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

Does it really need to be spelled out for you? Go batshit over the current situation by all means, whatever gets you through it, but commenting on the situation as a “Japanese fuck up” and comparing it to Pearl Harbour is about as sensitive and respectful as shitting on someones head and then asking them how they like their fancy new hat.

[/quote]
Your a dick. Let me see if I can spell this out to you in grade school English.
Earthquake, tsunami, natural disasters, fucking terrible, catastrophic.

Pearl harbour, Nuclear reactor failure, man made disasters. Fuck-ups. got it.

Got it.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
I have a bomb shelter twenty feet under my house that’ll take anything but a direct hit from a nuclear bomb.[/quote]

Nice, I like preparation.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
This is all a bunch of bullshit. After Chernobyl radiation spread as far as Western Europe, which I believe is closer to to Chernobyl than we are to Japan. And no one in Western Europe died. Plus, us here on the West Coast are immunized to that shit; we’ve breathing China’s pollution delivered to us via the jetstream for decades. At this point, a little radiation’s nothing. Besides, I’m not tripping anyways. I have a bomb shelter twenty feet under my house that’ll take anything but a direct hit from a nuclear bomb.[/quote]

Amen.

Like George Carlin once said, “we have been tempered in raw sewage.” Ain’t no radiation that can fuck with us.

[quote]Wambat wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Wambat wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Wambat wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Got it.
[/quote]

I understand you are concerned and upset that a natural disaster triggered a man-made disaster. There is no danger to people on the west coast of the US. There is a potential danger to those within a few miles of the plant, but right now that danger is not severe (yet). There is a common lack of understanding between radiation and radioactive particles (or contamination).

http://www.nei.org has updates and factual information to keep the public informed.

Here’s an article about the radiation exposure: http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceinsider/2011/03/fukushima-radiation-update.html

[quote]Wambat wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Wambat wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Wambat wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Got it.
[/quote]

Wow. You’re an utter moron. That is all.

^^ But you didn’t even correct his misspellings! Your to nice!

[quote]Wambat wrote:
I have been posting these over in the Tsunami - Off Topic - Forums - T Nation thread with little response. So I thought it appropriate for it’s own thread. A tsunami is created by the forces of nature.

This fucking radiation risk to the West Coast of America (don’t let the government make you believe that it’s not) is man made (Japanese made, IAEA made, ultimately US government made.). The risk remains unmitigated and is spiraling out of control. If you live on the West Coast I hope that you have appropriated your supply of Potassium Nitrate. I hear that stock’s are in short supply.

Ulitimalty you can thank your US government, and the IAEA gravy train for this unfolding disaster. [/quote]

I really appreciate everyone looking out for me and creating a whole thread to discuss the radiation risk I might be subjected to.

As soon as you guys reach a conclusion and have a proposal on how I should move forward with my daily activities, so as to best limit my radiation risk, I will act accordingly.

Thanks again,

WC7

This is where guys some fucking chest hair will survive; the radiation will cling to the hair and keep away from the skin.

You hairless motherfuckers!

Plutonium is a hell of an element.

[quote]Wambat wrote:
Plutonium is a hell of an element.[/quote]

Californium is better.

Ok first it is potassium iodide not nitrate, it is to overload your system with idiode so the isotope iodide 131 does not cause radiation damage and cancer of the thyroid.

you can also supplement with calcium and magnesium to overcome the risks associated with the strontium and cesium isotopes.

With all the happenings at the Dai-ichi reactors and the massive amount of misinformation being disseminated, here is a raw-data source for use if/when any radiation reaches the US:

http://www.radiationnetwork.com/

with chernobyl something like 31 people died directly from radiation poisoning and there have been approximately 3-4000 deaths from cancer related to the radiation. A nifty tidbit, of the 6000 people treated within 8 hrs of exposure with potassium iodide, 0 developed thyroid cancer.

making fun of people for being prepared is idiotic. it is like making fun of the people for buying rock salt when the weather person says it could snow next weekend. if it doesn’t snow oh well. (i just mean with buying some tablets and supplements, if you want bomb bunker and have the money more power to you)

either way, yo can check the site above for real time data as to where radiation is increasing or decreasing.

also remember if Cali does receive contamination, their produce and other food products are contaminated.