T Nation

Radial Head Replacement Recovery and Training

What’s up everyone!!

I was wondering if some of you that underwent this awful radial head replacement surgery can share and discuss your stories on your road to recovery. Whether it was years ago or even recently, feel free to share your story. I tried to re-open a similar topic in these forums but it seems to be closed already and it’s probably because the thread is now 10 years old. It would be awesome if I could hear from those guys as well to see how they’re doing these days.

How was recovery for you in the first few months, first year, anything after? I’m 1 month in since post-op and it has been tough as hell. After a terrible fall playing basketball, my surgeon discovered a Mason 3 elbow injury (unrepairable) which meant he had to cut off my radial head bone and replace it with a titanium screw for life. I’m an optimistic guy, was always athletic but $hit happens obviously and it’s good to know what others have been through. A little bummed out here but I am ready to work as hard as I can in order to fully recover.

I’m wondering if you guys have been able to weightlift normally again. Or even basic stuff like pushups, dips, pullups, running? Any advice/tips you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!