Rack Pulls Vs. Deadlifts (Yates Style)

Can someone give me the difference of what muscles are being worked between your standard rack pull

versus

This deadlift style not going all the waydown…

check out minute 2:40 from youtube…

Rack pulls = more upper back
Romanian dead = more hamstring/low back

[quote]B-Mac13 wrote:
Romanian dead = more hamstring/low back[/quote]

thanks for the reply…

I looked up ramonian deads…and I either saw stiff legged deadlifts or deadlifts with feet spread wide.

Dorian was doing conventional deadlifts but stopping about 25% short from the ground and coming back up.

[quote]mtotry wrote:

Dorian was doing conventional deadlifts but stopping about 25% short from the ground and coming back up.[/quote]

that is a romanian dl. people often confuse them with stiff dl’s because often they’re done stiff. no matter how you do them the main thing that makes them romanian is the use of constant muscle tension. the romanian rep starts @ the top and finishes @ the top. you lower without hitting bottom and do not pause after you lockout. obviously you use lighter weight than regular.

[quote]mtotry wrote:
B-Mac13 wrote:
Romanian dead = more hamstring/low back

thanks for the reply…

I looked up ramonian deads…and I either saw stiff legged deadlifts or deadlifts with feet spread wide.

Dorian was doing conventional deadlifts but stopping about 25% short from the ground and coming back up.[/quote]

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=14927&tid=102

Romanian deads have a slight bend in the knee, while stiff leg have no bend. Hope this helps.