T Nation

Rack Pull - Pain

Has anyone ever experience uncomfortable tightness in their upperback/neck region while performing rack pulls? If so what did you do about it?

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Has anyone ever experience uncomfortable tightness in their upperback/neck region while performing rack pulls? If so what did you do about it?[/quote]

What’s your form like? You making your arms act as hooks (instead of hitching)? You keeping chest high back flat? You looking down say 4-6 feet in front of you opposed to up like some people ? (looking up, puts your neck in a compromising position, keep it in line with your back so have chin tilted down and look down!)

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Has anyone ever experience uncomfortable tightness in their upperback/neck region while performing rack pulls? If so what did you do about it?[/quote]

Yeah, it’s called really heavy weights being supported.

It should definitely feel super tight in your upper back, not so much your neck.

That used to happen to me, the solution: stop hyper extending my neck, just keep your eyes fixed on something and don’t move your neck while performing the movement

I’ll try’em facing away from the mirror, perhaps it’s causing to me to hyperextend my neck up