Rack Mounted Monolift

I said a while back when I got my rack mounted monolift built I’d put up pics.

Here they are. I’ll just put up one with it done and another with the pieces and I’ll help anyone try and figure out how to build their own too.

here are the pieces

Looks good, now I want to see a photo of you squatting that.:wink:

Good job.

I really like the look of this, but is there any way we (i.e. me) can get a better look at the asembled unit?

[quote]Mike Sullivan wrote:
Looks good, now I want to see a photo of you squatting that.:wink:

Good job.[/quote]

haha, I want to see that too :slight_smile:

I was actually testing it out to make sure it would hold some significant weight.

[quote]conorh wrote:
I really like the look of this, but is there any way we (i.e. me) can get a better look at the asembled unit?[/quote]

here is a little closer one. The site resizes them, but if you look at the sored image file it will be bigger (if you didn;t know)

Matt, thats the same rack I just bought!

you should like it, I’ve had it for 2 years and we beat the shit out of it.

Now that I look at that, it looks like something I could totally build given access to a MIG setup.

Is there a grease zerk tapped into the round bearing surface, or does it not need one to swing free?

[quote]conorh wrote:
Now that I look at that, it looks like something I could totally build given access to a MIG setup.

Is there a grease zerk tapped into the round bearing surface, or does it not need one to swing free? [/quote]

If you can weld, you could definitely build one, it is really a very simple setup.

There is nothing with grease, so I guess no grease zerk (haha). If you look on the L piece, you can see a little ring welded to the top. That sleeves the pipe that makes up the main support. Right now it swings just fine with that done and no lubricant, but the dude that actually fabricated it said we could easily add a grease fitting if it starts screwing up.

hope that helps!

Awesome piece. The hooks look a little flimsy though. You may want to weld a small plate on edge on the bottom as a gusset. Things could get ugly in a hurry if the hook fails.

The hook may look flimsy, but it is not. It is 1/4 in channel with 4 heavy welds and won’t break any time soon…