Racism Hits My Front Yard

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
i hope whoever did this is at home in their single wide trailer enjoying a mayonnaise sandwich. [/quote]

LOL and looks down and finds half of a worm sticking out from under the bread.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
Magnus157 wrote:
Mike: That’s an awful thing for your girls to experience and it must have been a shit sandwich to explain to them the bizarre beliefs some of the people in our society hold.

Owen: you’re one strange, angry, frightened, little man.

well said. BTW is that you Brett?

[/quote]

that’s me

Here’s a strangely novel concept: Racism isn’t the sole province of one racial grouping; racism speaks solely to a person’s state of mind regarding other people, nothing more.

It is true that, in Western countries where a degree of economic hegemony can be sited, the white person is unduly(and possibly unfairly) targeted as the main perpetrator of racist practises: however, whether you can truly label this ‘racism’ as opposed to unconscious discrimination is another thing entirely; that is, the actions or results occur as a by-product of the dominant system’s operations, not as a deliberately exclusive process and, as with all monolithic processes, there are vast amounts on institutional inertia to overcome the myriad devolving issues.

That being said, Heavy’s post was not about institutional racism. Nor was it about special sets of racial/ eugenic supremacy - it was simply a response to a specific action and his abhorrence of taht action adn what it stands for (in his opinion.)

[quote]iscariot wrote:
It is true that, in Western countries where a degree of economic hegemony can be sited, the white person is unduly(and possibly unfairly) targeted as the main perpetrator of racist practises: however, whether you can truly label this ‘racism’ as opposed to unconscious discrimination is another thing entirely; that is, the actions or results occur as a by-product of the dominant system’s operations, not as a deliberately exclusive process and, as with all monolithic processes, there are vast amounts on institutional inertia to overcome the myriad devolving issues.
[/quote]

Socially accepted attitudes that constitute racism or practices that disregard or degrade other humans for irrelevant physical characteristics does not make the act any less significant. Attempting to blame society as a whole as if this lessens the gravity of the act on the individual affected doesn’t change the fact that in this country, there was a vast difference between the institutionalized racism towards blacks, hispanics and women in general over any other minority group in America for many years.

This had such a negative effect in our society that tests were actually run by our government and presented during the Clinton administration professing the justification for affirmative action just to level the playing field. Whether it is as necessary today is the topic of many debates, but clearly the damage was very great and not so easily overlooked.

Maybe I misunderstood the point you were trying to make.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Socially accepted attitudes that constitute racism or practices that disregard or degrade other humans for irrelevant physical characteristics does not make the act any less significant.

Maybe I misunderstood the point you were trying to make.
[/quote]

Yup, you missed the point.

I wasn’t dismissing the existence or impact of institutional racism, but I was noting that a lot of people - mainly minorities due top their BEING minorities in such a system - attach institutional racism to individuals solely due to their being part of that dominant institution by default; i.e. white, male, hetero-sexual etc - irrespective of whether or not they believe or subscribe to the ostensibly extant institutional values.

meh, i fully support freedom of speech, but WTF were these guys doing distributing this in a black neighborhood? were they lost?

Yeah this is a pretty big issue these days isn’t it? I thought i’d add my thoughts to this. I think that this problem is always due to people generalizing people by races. It’s kindof sad because this whole “racism is such a big deal” thing these days in the media even builds on this problem. People just need to kinda forget about it and realize people are entitled to their opinion, and if their opinion doesn’t harm anyone’s person or property just realize it’s their problem and NOT yours.

The nasty part is when it starts to get dangerous. For example, I live right next to a native reserve and i’m a pretty small minority here. I get harassed because “I’m a white racist” !! even though I keep my mouth shut going into town. The harassing I don’t care about because it really is their problem that they see me that way. When it starts to get concerning to me is when I see these gangs of teenager natives chasing around white kids with knives. It’s actually that bad here. I blame it on the anti-racist culture.

It seems that if natives are treated fairly by law they will get the police in trouble based on alleged ‘racism’. I was talking to this one native guy about how his brother murdered somebody 2 years ago and he’s already out of jail. He’s not even a minor. I also have ALOT of theft going on around here and when the police catch the suspects charges are never laid, even when it’s theft over $5000. It gets me fed up when the anti racism thing gets this bad. ARRGH!

People just have to accept that they can’t control people’s thoughts! Just bring justice upon them if they commit a crime and don’t take racism as a factor!

[quote]lumbernac wrote:
lumbernac wrote:
I am also proud of being white but this is some sick stuff thrown at you.

btw, just as a sidenote -

i dug up some research after the " Whats in a Name " thread got old and found out that South Africa still has half of the continent’s GDP. Its a case in point as to how white people were actually a civilizing influence into africa.

Africa didnt even have a written language until the caucasians came along. Its sad huh?[/quote]

You mean like Egyptian heiroglyphs? Or heiratic, the less formal writing used day to day? Used by the Egyptians in north AFRICA and adopted by other nations like Kush, Meroe and Nubia? That written language? Give me a freakin’ break. Yes, we caucasians have been a veritable godsend to all other peoples on the planet. Sheesh

Racism is for fucktards.

WMD

[quote]lumbernac wrote:
lumbernac wrote:
i dug up some research after the " Whats in a Name " thread got old and found out that South Africa still has half of the continent’s GDP. Its a case in point as to how white people were actually a civilizing influence into africa.

Africa didnt even have a written language until the caucasians came along. Its sad huh?[/quote]

Good point. I have heard a theory regarding that though.

War (ie. Nececity) is the mother of invention. Before the 1600 there were relatively few wars in Africa. Even the wars that did occur were basically dancing contests by todays standards.

(This is not a uniform fact, but merely states the average).

Because of the vast natural resources, combined with little competition for them, technological innovations were not as crucial as in places such as egypt or the middle east (the hostile environments where writing originated)

Just a theory, but food for thought.

[quote]owen dent wrote:
I think your the racist. If a black said to stay black and pure you would be fine with that. Blacks are responsible for very high rates of crime, you say excuse them, and hide the facts. Ive read your other posts I know your feelings. You dont want peace you want war. Your the rightous White man in the all black neighboorhood. I bet I have more black friends than you. Friends, not conversation pieces.

Your against Whites. Thats racisim fella. Theres no moral equivalent either. Whites did a kick ass job of setting up and maintaining an advanced society that strives to meet everyones needs. Whites did that.

How about that guest speaker at Howard University School of Law who said all Whites should be eliminated? Those are my loved ones that POS is talking about.
I bet your fine with him sayin that. You know why their arent Whites saying those things at Universities? Beacuse Whites wont tolerate that. We want, no we demand a world that works for everyone. Of course people like you dont even want White kids to say “Im proud of being White.” Even thats to much, you racist, you apologist. If people like you really cared about black communities you would tell them to shut up and get to work. Thats called respect and love. You dont do that. You say stay down, your a victim. Ill be your hero. Leech is more like it. Your part of the problem.

[/quote]

Who pulled your (the possessive) chain? What are you reacting against? Are you upset that heavythrower’s children were targeted by some bottom feeding morons or are you upset that he should speak against it? What is the matter with you?

Please increase your medication.

WMD

[quote]gadget wrote:
lumbernac wrote:
lumbernac wrote:

Africa didnt even have a written language until the caucasians came along. Its sad huh?

War (ie. Nececity) is the mother of invention. Before the 1600 there were relatively few wars in Africa. Even the wars that did occur were basically dancing contests by todays standards.

Because of the vast natural resources, combined with little competition for them, technological innovations were not as crucial as in places such as egypt or the middle east (the hostile environments where writing originated)

Just a theory, but food for thought.[/quote]

There are these things called maps. If you were to look at one for Africa, you would see that Egypt is part of that continent. Africa is a big place, so please try to be a bit more specific and informed before you start talking out your (again, note the possessive form) ass about its cultural and technological achievements. What is true in one place is probably not true in another.

I’ll say it again, racism is for fucktards.

WMD

[quote]WMD wrote:
gadget wrote:
lumbernac wrote:
lumbernac wrote:

Africa didnt even have a written language until the caucasians came along. Its sad huh?

There are these things called maps. If you were to look at one for Africa, you would see that Egypt is part of that continent. Africa is a big place, so please try to be a bit more specific and informed before you start talking out your (again, note the possessive form) ass about its cultural and technological achievements. What is true in one place is probably not true in another.

WMD
[/quote]

What you will often find is that many of these people will act as if Egypt was a completely seperate part of the world in their rush to degrade an entire race of people. They will also ignore the fact that perhaps the desire to “conquer the world” wasn’t held by ancient African tribesmen. Why this is seen as a fault is beyond me. If anything, it would show the innate desire to be more a part of nature (as was also the case with Native Americans) rather than dominate it, conquer it, destroy it and lay claim to it.

WMD wrote:
gadget wrote:
lumbernac wrote:
lumbernac wrote:

WMD

What you will often find is that many of these people will act as if Egypt was a completely seperate part of the world in their rush to degrade an entire race of people. They will also ignore the fact that perhaps the desire to “conquer the world” wasn’t held by ancient African tribesmen. Why this is seen as a fault is beyond me. If anything, it would show the innate desire to be more a part of nature (as was also the case with Native Americans) rather than dominate it, conquer it, destroy it and lay claim to it. [/quote]

I believe George Carlin said something along the lines of if you can’t fuck it, kill it. He also said that most wars were about the men in one country finding out that the men in another country had bigger dicks.

It’s as good a theory as any I’ve thus far read.

[quote]lumbernac wrote:
lumbernac wrote:

Africa did have a written language before “caucasian” came BACK to Africa, it was called heiroglyphics. and even before that they had record, but most of them were destroyed by the people that conquered them. it’s happened many times in history where the conquering forces destroyed many records, another example is when the spanish came to the americas. that’s just a lil FYI

[quote]lumbernac wrote:

i dug up some research after the " Whats in a Name " thread got old and found out that South Africa still has half of the continent’s GDP. Its a case in point as to how white people were actually a civilizing influence into africa. [/quote]

You mean after Egyptian, Kushite, Nubian and Meroitic culture brought civilization into Africa, while Europe was still barbaric and completely lacking in any of the markers of civilization save monumental architecture (i.e. Stonehenge, etc.). Please try reading these things called books. Perhaps a bit of ancient history, maybe a smidge of anthropology. Something. Anything.

Ahem. Racism…is…for…fucktards.

WMD

[quote]lontaneda wrote:
lumbernac wrote:
lumbernac wrote:

Africa did have a written language before “caucasian” came BACK to Africa, it was called heiroglyphics. and even before that they had record, but most of them were destroyed by the people that conquered them. it’s happened many times in history where the conquering forces destroyed many records, another example is when the spanish came to the americas. that’s just a lil FYI
[/quote]

Yeah, funny how a couple of non-white civilizations invented writing at approximately the same time. Whilst most “white” cultures were living in mud huts and grubbing in the ground for roots.

Good point, lontaneda.

ProX: Egypt? Egypt was the height of african civilization at the time. I am proud of egypt what else is there?

Ownage.

[quote]thabigdon24 wrote:
ProX: Egypt? Egypt was the height of african civilization at the time. I am proud of egypt what else is there? [/quote]

LOL All those wonders of the world aren’t good enough for ya, huh? Geez.

“Black culture” was civilized before “white culture”. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. Does it even matter?

What you will often find is that many of these people will act as if Egypt was a completely seperate part of the world in their rush to degrade an entire race of people. They will also ignore the fact that perhaps the desire to “conquer the world” wasn’t held by ancient African tribesmen. Why this is seen as a fault is beyond me. If anything, it would show the innate desire to be more a part of nature (as was also the case with Native Americans) rather than dominate it, conquer it, destroy it and lay claim to it. [/quote]

I am all for the anti-racist theme of this thread, but this statement required a response.

No, Pro X - what you are espousing is romatic primitivism, and it is erroneous. You have this vision of the Noble Savage, or the Incorruptible Other - the darker skinned native that lived in a peaceful, environmentally utopian existence before the mean old Caucasians messed it all up with their conquests.

Nope. While it is popular with half-educated ‘theorists’, a reading of history tells otherwise.

Part of overcoming racism is speaking honestly and getting over the myths.