Racing Against Time- Ankle Rehab

Hello all,

I’ve sprained my left ankle during a football game about 6-7 weeks ago. According to the physio, one of the ligaments outside is sprained and the muscle inside my ankle ( heel area) is damaged/sprained as well.

I’ve rested it for the first 5-6 weeks, did balance work on one foot ,contrast bathing daily and really moved it so the scar tissue doesn’t restrict motion when it heals.

Unfortunately it’s still not great atm and i’ve got my varsity game in 8 days which i’m very very desperate to play. When i’m forcing to get on the tip of my toes, the outside ligament hurts and when i try to run both outside and the heel hurts again.

I started to do some very light jogging, skipping, partial calf raises, broad jumps and more balance work on one foot.

According to the physio, i need to kinda force healing by doing the stuff i wrote.

Is there any recommendations that you guys can give?

Would be really appreciated, Thanks

[quote]outlaws wrote:
Hello all,

I’ve sprained my left ankle during a football game about 6-7 weeks ago. According to the physio, one of the ligaments outside is sprained and the muscle inside my ankle ( heel area) is damaged/sprained as well.

I’ve rested it for the first 5-6 weeks, did balance work on one foot ,contrast bathing daily and really moved it so the scar tissue doesn’t restrict motion when it heals.

Unfortunately it’s still not great atm and i’ve got my varsity game in 8 days which i’m very very desperate to play. When i’m forcing to get on the tip of my toes, the outside ligament hurts and when i try to run both outside and the heel hurts again.

I started to do some very light jogging, skipping, partial calf raises, broad jumps and more balance work on one foot.

According to the physio, i need to kinda force healing by doing the stuff i wrote.

Is there any recommendations that you guys can give?

Would be really appreciated, Thanks

[/quote]

Well, you could try METH. Search it on this site. DOn’t know how much it help you, but desperate times seek for desperate measures.

Eccentric heal lifts?
Foam roll your plantar fascia and calf muscles tp remove any restrictions there as well?

tweet

Thanks guys, will try the eccentric heel raises today good idea actually.