Racially-Based Academic Goals

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/10/12/florida-passes-plan-for-racially-based-academic-goals/

“On Tuesday, the board passed a revised strategic plan that says that by 2018, it wants 90 percent of Asian students, 88 percent of white students, 81 percent of Hispanics and 74 percent of black students to be reading at or above grade level. For math, the goals are 92 percent of Asian kids to be proficient, whites at 86 percent, Hispanics at 80 percent and blacks at 74 percent. It also measures by other groupings, such as poverty and disabilities, reported the Palm Beach Post.”

lol.

Sounds reasonable.

Shooting for only 74% of Black children to be reading at grade level SIX YEARS from now. Holy Crap, that’s just sad.

Oh, way to go. Let’s pressure Asians to be academic overachievers.

How about tracking students with RFID chips?

On the other side of this, what is the current percentage of those groups “at or above” their level?

Who are they pushing for the biggest gains?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
On the other side of this, what is the current percentage of those groups “at or above” their level?

Who are they pushing for the biggest gains?[/quote]

[quote]NAUn wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

Who are they pushing for the biggest gains?[/quote]

I saw that, I’m just trying to see how many others who are chiming in saw it as well.

I mean really, it just seems like they are wanting an across the board increase, but are being realistic about it. To expect 38% to become 74% represents a fairly large increase.

We have a school here in the Los Angeles area, only 4% are proficient in English.

Or should I say, solo 4% se habla Espanol.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
We have a school here in the Los Angeles area, only 4% are proficient in English.

Or should I say, solo 4% se habla Espanol. [/quote]

I think you mean inglés.

It’d be 96% for spanish.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Or should I say, solo 4% se habla Espanol. [/quote]

I think you mean ingl�©s.

It’d be 96% for spanish.[/quote]

It would still be wrong.

Racism at it’s finest. What part of color blind don’t bigots understand?

If there are targets for race, and one race target is met, is the teacher then supposed to prioritize failing students of the race that is underperforming over failing students from a race that has met its’ target? Despite the students being identical in every other aspect.

And if not, then what is the point of separate targets? The only difference it can logically make is to push prioritizing of students based on race and ignore merit.

This makes the effort put into a child’s education partial based on what race they are. Complete racist bullshit.