T Nation

Racial Superiority

I’m just throwing this out there. It’s pretty obvious blacks dominate certain sports, based on physical ability. But there is also that white Europeans have historically been the strongest racial group militaristically and post dark ages technologically.

Does anyone in here feel strongly about weening off the weakest traits (eugenics), the pros/cons of it, what traits are “superior” and which particular groups have them.

I’m interested in this and want to see some more educated people than I when it comes to genetics discuss this.

The Irish have the most geniuses per capita of any nation on earth.

But are you only talking about physical traits like strength, endurance, fast-twitch muscles, etc?

Eugenics, huh? Pretty dark topic, and most people get turned off by the fact that it’s pretty much what Hitler tried to do.

Kind of like the question which dog breed is the best? Breeders can physically select for the traits they desire. It dos not happen naturally because a male dog will mount anything that crosses its path.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Dunno. Do the gay men you know do that kind of thing?

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
a male dog will mount anything that crosses its path.

Sort of like a gay man…oops…should I have just thought that?[/quote]

As a general rule gay men do not contribute their DNA to the gene pool.

The idea of eugenics can be appealing at times. No surprise there since the process of evolution has forged an innate preference in all of us for it - that’s Darwin’s theory of sexual selection.

On the other hand, good genes can be wasted on a lousy lifestyle. And as it stands, forging a more healthy lifestyle in our society is probably more appealing to most than a eugenics program so I’d opt for that instead.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Eugenics, huh? Pretty dark topic, and most people get turned off by the fact that it’s pretty much what Hitler tried to do.[/quote]

no hitler was a proponent of genocide, not eugenics,

eugenics is more helpful to society, too bad medicine has actually hindered the propagation of good genes.

I don’t believe eugenics is a dark topic,

Whats race have to do with being strong militarily? If you have superior firepower, you are superior militarily. This is not based upon race.

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
Makavali wrote:
Eugenics, huh? Pretty dark topic, and most people get turned off by the fact that it’s pretty much what Hitler tried to do.

no hitler was a proponent of genocide, not eugenics,

eugenics is more helpful to society, too bad medicine has actually hindered the propagation of good genes.

I don’t believe eugenics is a dark topic, [/quote]

People associate (mistakenly) it with Hitler in its entirety.

A pity that most of it parallels what Hitler wanted.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:

But there is also that white Europeans have historically been the strongest racial group militaristically and post dark ages technologically.[/quote]

Don’t confuse correlation with causation. Culture drove the success - race, as a biological determinant, was irrelevant.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
Whats race have to do with being strong militarily? If you have superior firepower, you are superior militarily. This is not based upon race.

[/quote]

You have to be able to get the firepower though. Not everyone did that.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

But there is also that white Europeans have historically been the strongest racial group militaristically and post dark ages technologically.

Don’t confuse correlation with causation. Culture drove the success - race, as a biological determinant, was irrelevant.[/quote]

Couldn’t you say that a race developed a certain culture though?

[quote]RebornTN wrote:
Gkhan wrote:
Whats race have to do with being strong militarily? If you have superior firepower, you are superior militarily. This is not based upon race.

You have to be able to get the firepower though. Not everyone did that.[/quote]

What does firepower have to do with what race you are?

Read some world history, Europe was not always so strong militarily.

And when we talk about Europe, what race are we talking about here?

[quote]RebornTN wrote:

Couldn’t you say that a race developed a certain culture though? [/quote]

Well, yes, because that is factually true - but their race did not provide some biological determinant that another race would not have had. In other words, you may a common denominator of a particular culture may be its race, but that race didn’t “cause” that civilization to develop one way or another.

[quote]Badunk wrote:
The Irish have the most geniuses per capita of any nation on earth.

But are you only talking about physical traits like strength, endurance, fast-twitch muscles, etc?[/quote]

Everything. Strength, speed, endurance, intelligence, height, metabolic rate, vision, etc.

Oh geez.

Learn the lessons of previous threads…

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
Makavali wrote:
Eugenics, huh? Pretty dark topic, and most people get turned off by the fact that it’s pretty much what Hitler tried to do.

no hitler was a proponent of genocide, not eugenics,

eugenics is more helpful to society, too bad medicine has actually hindered the propagation of good genes.

I don’t believe eugenics is a dark topic, [/quote]

Duh, nazis were definitely proponents of eugenics, in their eyes genocide was just part of it, weeding of unwanted traits.