Racial Characteristics

have you ever noticed how some races/nationalities seem to be a certain way naturally. now, dont get this wrong. im not talking about stereotypes, i just think that certain ethnicities have predispositions towards certain things which may be related to culture/migration etc. its something im very interested in and would like to discuss seriously.

i think black people seem to be more athletically gifted than other races. i think this speaks for itself as most sports are dominated by black athletes (aside from winter sports). i think this has to do with the fact that black people are the original people and still maintain more of the genes needed for original man to surive so they are more athletic because hunting was more a nesecisity and thats just the way we were when we first evolved.

next i look at the stereotype of white people being seen as crazy in the sense of the “xtreme” sports, xgames, snowboarding, and all the other crazy shit white people have invented. i think this is because white people are the descendants of the people who left Africa so they obviously are the more adventurous ones since they left to explore new things.

it may also explain why most exploration (although somewhat debateable) was done by whites. white people also settled in much colder climates which would suggest they were willing to go further than ancestors who settled in warmer climates which also points to that trait of risk/adventurism.

those are really the only two ethnic groups i can get a grasp on for now. latinos are hard to figure out because they are a mix of asian and white so maybe if someone else sees where im going with this they could chime in to discuss.

also im not sure as to why asians do so well in school. now, i know its not like theyre born smarter (maybe they are?) but i know there is a lot of pressure to do well in school, thats obvious, im just wondering where it came from; why is there so much academic pressure in that culture versus others?

Wow. I don’t have anything to add to this topic whatsoever. However, this should get interesting.

No.

what a fuckin idiot.

THREAD HIJACK!!!

Steven, what part of Michigan are you from, man?

Note: If your name indeed is not Steven, and thats your ass in the avatar then I apologize for the man comment and would like to buy you a fish sandwich.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
have you ever noticed how some races/nationalities seem to be a certain way naturally. now, dont get this wrong. im not talking about stereotypes, i just think that certain ethnicities have predispositions towards certain things which may be related to culture/migration etc. its something im very interested in and would like to discuss seriously.

i think black people seem to be more athletically gifted than other races. i think this speaks for itself as most sports are dominated by black athletes (aside from winter sports).

i think this has to do with the fact that black people are the original people and still maintain more of the genes needed for original man to surive so they are more athletic because hunting was more a nesecisity and thats just the way we were when we first evolved.

next i look at the stereotype of white people being seen as crazy in the sense of the “xtreme” sports, xgames, snowboarding, and all the other crazy shit white people have invented. i think this is because white people are the descendants of the people who left Africa so they obviously are the more adventurous ones since they left to explore new things.

it may also explain why most exploration (although somewhat debateable) was done by whites. white people also settled in much colder climates which would suggest they were willing to go further than ancestors who settled in warmer climates which also points to that trait of risk/adventurism.

those are really the only two ethnic groups i can get a grasp on for now. latinos are hard to figure out because they are a mix of asian and white so maybe if someone else sees where im going with this they could chime in to discuss.

also im not sure as to why asians do so well in school. now, i know its not like theyre born smarter (maybe they are?) but i know there is a lot of pressure to do well in school, thats obvious, im just wondering where it came from; why is there so much academic pressure in that culture versus others?[/quote]

Looks like someone’s in need of a physical anthropology course…

just like mexicans are lazy? lol

I would have liked to discuss this but the original post is so bad I’m forced to stay away from it now.

seriously. Take a sociology course. Or pick up a sociology 1 book, and read away. None of the things you’re mentioning are biological.

off topic: sayjin, NICE avatar

Uh… I’m friggin’ speechless.

[/quote]

What do you think a stereotype is, if not what you’re describing?

Merriam Webster:

Stereotype: Something conforming to a fixed or general pattern; especially : a standardized mental picture that is held in common by members of a group and that represents an oversimplified opinion, prejudiced attitude, or uncritical judgment

That’s some offensive shit the OP has put up.Hard to believe he’s a student of anything.The only ‘grasping’ he’s doing is at straws.

Or trolldom.

woooooooow

get out of your little PC cocoons. black people are definately naturally more athletic, they also have a naturally lower bodyfat %. asian people have a carb tolerance so they can eat carbs and not put on fat as most other races do. hair, skin color, facial features, theyre all determined by race. are you naive enough to think thats where it ends? im sorry, i meant dumb enough. there are definately racial differences amongst us in terms of characteristics, all im interested in is how they came about.

its truely sad that you cant discuss anything racial nowadays because everyone is so afraid something may overstep

im not saying derrogatory racial stereotypes like all jews are greedy or black people are lazy or all arabs are terrorists. grow up.

woooooooow

get out of your little PC cocoons. black people are definately naturally more athletic, they also have a naturally lower bodyfat %. asian people have a carb tolerance so they can eat carbs and not put on fat as most other races do. hair, skin color, facial features, theyre all determined by race. are you naive enough to think thats where it ends? im sorry, i meant dumb enough. there are definately racial differences amongst us in terms of characteristics, all im interested in is how they came about.

its truely sad that you cant discuss anything racial nowadays because everyone is so afraid something may overstep

im not saying derrogatory racial stereotypes like all jews are greedy or black people are lazy or all arabs are terrorists. grow up.[/quote]

You can’t blame everything on people being overly PC. The issue is that all of your speculations are incorrect and even foolish, so nobody wants to discuss them with you.

Qualities should be seperated into essential and non-essential. Color of skin, for example, is a non-essential attribute because differing color does not affect being a human being.

So, I think what you mean to say are Cultural Characteristics. The connection with race is not there.

You need to stop posting high.

Instead of the initial post, let’s read this article instead:

In the example mentioned in the article, he never mentioned whether determining which patients actually had the altered gene was conveniently done, or even feasible on an individual level. I really don’t know if it is, but if not, and in other medical situations where it’s not, doesn’t it seem like a better bet for all the patients if they just play the racial odds rather than refusing on the basis that it’s not the ideal proxy measure?

This article brings up a whole boatload more questions than it answers, but they’re definitely interesting questions.

Thanks for that.