Rachelle & Andria Provide Some Motivation

My best friend and I have started this topic to provide some motivation and inspiration to each other for our workouts. Each day we will post what we did at the gym that day.

My bff is an amazing fitness and figure competitor, dancer, and chiropractor and when she puts her mind to it can accomplish amazing things with her body. Me? well I want to be in the best damn shape as possible so I can be a role model for my practice members in my chiropractic office.

I’ll start the first workout post:

Monday Aug 16 2010
Crossfit today at BMSfit:
warm-up 2 min skip
25 body weight squats
10 burpees

30 minutes of continuous exercise
10 chin ups on the rings
10 piston squats (R and L legs)
10 pillow pushups
10 kettlebell snatch 20kg (R and L arm)
10 hanging knee tucks

went through this circuit for 30 minutes ( made it through 4 times)

cool down 2 min skip
core work 30 sec plank, 30 sec side plank, 30 sec plank, 30 second side plank

whole body stretch

tues aug 17 2010

warm up:
2 min skip
10 dive bomber pushups
shoulder, hip, and knee mobilization

SQUATS 5X5 100lbs
BENCH 5X5 75lbs (first time doing bench in 8 weeks because of infection on my back so my weight dropped by 30 lbs)
INVERTED ROWS 3X10
PUSH UPS 5X5
REVERSE CRUNCH 3X12

headed out to port franks tonight to do some sprints up the sand dunes, one of the most intense cardio workouts i have ever done! been doing them once a week all summer and it never gets easier!!

OK Dr. Rachelle my bff is the one to commend here! Her workouts are intense and highly effective! I am so impressed at all her amazing accomplishments and am totally inspired!! Love you!!

So I am a day behind here but I will fill in!

After competing in a couple fitness shows this season, it’s time to get back into recovery and maintenance mode. Basically I just start all over from the beginning. 45 minutes of cardio after an intense weight training session!! Shoulders and calves Monday. My right shoulder is still quite sore so taking it easy so I can still work :slight_smile:

Db overhead press: 1 warm up set + 4 sets  @22.5 pds x4

Bent over rear delt db flyes: @10 pds x3

Cable front raises: with rope @35pds x3

Standing side lat raises @10 pds x3

Standing overhead bb press-high reps x1 @30 pds

Seated calf raises: feet turned in/feet turned out @25 pds x 3

45 min of treadmill intervals, incline 8-15…yowzers…new socks too short for the shoes…blisters!!

Tuesday:

Back dayyyy!

Close grip lat pull downs x4 70,80,80,80

wide grip lat pull downs 80,90,90,80/superset with close grip seated rows x4 70, 80, 80, 80

Lower back extensions x3

One arm rows x4 25, 30, 30, 30

ABS: 3 sets of 25 reps of each exercise

crunches on ball-with 25 pds

roman chair leg raises

oblique twists with 25pds

I’m gonna try your 5x5’s Vander. Tomorrow.

YAY!!!So excited to see your workouts this fine afternoon xoxoxoxo
Don’t you just love back day, cause I do! Sorry to hear the shoulder is still a bothersome area for you, just take it 'ease and strengthen it as much as you can. I think if you keep at it like you are, showtime will be a piece of cake for you :slight_smile:

Did the hills last night in the fastest time yet this summer, I think the temperature was the key it was so nice out last night.

Wednesday Aug 18. 2010
BMSfit today-crossfit

its hard to descibe this workout but hope you get the idea its called a TABATA and you do each exercise 8 times for 30 seconds with a 10 second rest in between

GOBLET SQUATS 16KG - 30sec on, 10sec off x 8
SUPERMAN PUSHUPS - 30sec on, 10sec off x 8
ONE ARM ROW 20KG - 30sec on, 10sec off x 8
ONE ARM BURPEE - 30sec on, 10sec off x 8
SWING-CLEAN-PRESS 20KG - 30sec on, 10sec off x 8
SKATERS SQUATS - 30sec on, 10sec off x 8

pretty much soaked from head to toe, its amazing, time for an italian shower and then off to work.

woke up this morning and it was quite a chore to make it to the bathroom every muscle in my body is sore today. Wondering how I was going to make it through my workout today but managed to lift super heavy and am very happy with my workout :slight_smile:

SQUATS 5x5 115lbs
OVERHEAD PRESS 5x5 65lbs
DEADLIFT 5x5 145lbs
PULL UPS 5x5 assisted with bands
PRONE BRIDGES 3x1min

2 girls 1 log.

^ I lol’d

Just seen this log…20kg KB snatches? Damn. I generally do them with 12kg or 16kg ‘bells. With the 16s it’s usually for low reps. I am a bit scared of my 20kg KB and haven’t done much with it to date… 20 frickin’ reps though?

Don’t be scared of the 20!! Trust me once you pick it up, its hard to put down. Try it for a few reps then go back down to the 16kg. You will love it, makes you feel so strong!!

sunday aug 22nd

BENCH 5X5 @ 85LBS
SQUATS 5X5 @ 125LBS (this is the most i have ever sqatted so excited about this)
INVERTED ROWS 5x5 bodyweight
PUSH UPS 5x5
PRONE BRIDGES 3 x 1min

Nice job Vander! I was slacking on the forum this past weekend. But now is my chance to catch up lol!

Saturday crazy legs!

Stairs at Chedoke…yikes.

50 walking lunges to stairs, went down, 100 walking lunges at the bottom. Back up again. 100 at top.

Repeated 5x. Essentially broken. So Sunday rest and today I am dying. Going to do recovery cardio on elliptical. Flying to Salt Lake tomorrow for the rest of the week so can you give me some outdoor ideas…not sure what the hotel gym will be like. Hotel room tabata is in my future for sure! xoxo

lunges do a body good :slight_smile: nice work Hods!! have fun in salt lake!! lol’d at the comment above 2 girls 1 log!!!

crossfit today

5min skip for warmup
20 burpees

35 min of continuous exercise, make it through the circuit as many times as you can (made it through 5 times today)

10/10x suitcase squats - 20kg (pick up kettlebell like suitcase while squatting 10 per side)
15x divebomber pushups
15x double racked kettlebell cleans 12kg kettlebell in each arm
10/10x jump lunges with kick
10/10x leg kick throughs
10/10x row into a snatch - 16kg

5 min skip

cool down

It sounds like you two are in Hamilton. Where do you train? I used to train at Phoenix in West Hamilton, Premier and Good Life on Upper James.

Used to train in Hamilton at premier, now i’m a London girl! My bff Andria is training in Hamilton though. I beleive she is at both Good Life and Premier!

tuesday aug 24th:
stronglifts today

SQUATS 5X5 @ 130lbs
OVERHEAD PUSH PRESS 5X5 @ 65lbs
DEADLIFTS 5X5 @ 150lbs
PULLUPS 5X5 bodyweight with chair assist
REVERSE CRUNCH 5X5 bodyweight

i do a warm up set before each of this to get ready, and what i do is add 5 lbs every week to these exercises until I can’t do 5x5 anymore, if I can’t make it through the 5x5 I stay at the same weight for that week.

legs are pretty much dead weight right now, headed to the sandhills for our tuesday night training session. Last week was awesome, some parents had their kids there to run up the hill for fun, most of the kids hardly made it up the hill and the parents stood at the bottom watching while they smoked their cigarettes, it was pretty sad actually. One of the parents asked us “are you guys training for something”? I laughed and said “actually yes, I’m training for life” she was confused and went back to smoking her cigarette and drinking her diet coke.

hoda just do some burpee’s and push ups in your hotel and its all good :slight_smile:

tuesday aug 24th:
stronglifts today

SQUATS 5X5 @ 130lbs
OVERHEAD PUSH PRESS 5X5 @ 65lbs
DEADLIFTS 5X5 @ 150lbs
PULLUPS 5X5 bodyweight with chair assist
REVERSE CRUNCH 5X5 bodyweight

i do a warm up set before each of this to get ready, and what i do is add 5 lbs every week to these exercises until I can’t do 5x5 anymore, if I can’t make it through the 5x5 I stay at the same weight for that week.

legs are pretty much dead weight right now, headed to the sandhills for our tuesday night training session. Last week was awesome, some parents had their kids there to run up the hill for fun, most of the kids hardly made it up the hill and the parents stood at the bottom watching while they smoked their cigarettes, it was pretty sad actually. One of the parents asked us “are you guys training for something”? I laughed and said “actually yes, I’m training for life” she was confused and went back to smoking her cigarette and drinking her diet coke.

hoda just do some burpee’s and push ups in your hotel and its all good :slight_smile:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
It sounds like you two are in Hamilton. Where do you train? I used to train at Phoenix in West Hamilton, Premier and Good Life on Upper James.[/quote]

hey Julie, why do all of your gyms sound like strip clubs?

Now, Joe. Was that a productive contribution to this log?

Hello girls.

I’m doing 5 x 5 on squat and DL right now and adding 10 lb. a week until I can’t anymore. Similar to your approach at this point. But I’m starting a lot lower as mandated.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Now, Joe. Was that a productive contribution to this log?

I guess you’ve never been to Hamilton.

TNT