Race to 500 Squat & DL

Im currently working towards a 500 pound deadlift, but my squat is not even at 300 yet. 275 squat and 420 deadlift, Ive got my work cut out for me

I’m down w/this. SQ is sitting around 465, DL blew by 500 long ago.

Im down. I also enjoy lying about how strong I am on the internet. I have a 2500lb squat and a 3000lb deadlift. You all need to believe me because its the internet. Ill post videos soon of those lifts. Of course, I’ll never actually post videos, but the mere fact that I said I would gives me internet cred. Douches.

[quote]helloman wrote:
Im down. I also enjoy lying about how strong I am on the internet. I have a 2500lb squat and a 3000lb deadlift. You all need to believe me because its the internet. Ill post videos soon of those lifts. Of course, I’ll never actually post videos, but the mere fact that I said I would gives me internet cred. Douches.[/quote]

OH NO… Called out by someone on their first post…

Touche sir, touche…

You are a troll no doubt, but to remove all doubt
523 Deadlift

424 Squat

^^Well done.

This is probably naivety speaking on my part, but I think the poster in question was trying to draw attention to the recent joiners with few posts. Meh, whatever, what others can and cannot do don’t really affect me.

As for myself, if anyone strangely cares enough about the validity of my lifts, you can find a few videos here and there in some of the more recent BOI threads.

[quote]A Ninny Mouse wrote:
^^Well done.

This is probably naivety speaking on my part, but I think the poster in question was trying to draw attention to the recent joiners with few posts. Meh, whatever, what others can and cannot do don’t really affect me.

As for myself, if anyone strangely cares enough about the validity of my lifts, you can find a few videos here and there in some of the more recent BOI threads. [/quote]

I am sure you are correct. I just got kind of annoyed that someone’s first post would be something that stupid, well that and I felt like posting my videos anyway and think others should too as we can always help each other with form tips and motivation etc…

400lb Deadlift - 400lb Squat on my mates phone if he ever uploads it

Lying about lifts on a forum I’m new on, does not register as a “normal” activity in my head anyway, what others do it up to them, I just appreciate all the tips and advice - why lie about lifts when you can obtain the advice to actually do the lifts - removing the need for lying.

-Steve

[quote]jakerz96 wrote:
I am sure you are correct. I just got kind of annoyed that someone’s first post would be something that stupid, well that and I felt like posting my videos anyway and think others should too as we can always help each other with form tips and motivation etc…[/quote]

I somehow doubt that is his 1st post, more like an alternate account - some people need that.

-Steve

[quote]Wolf168 wrote:
Im currently working towards a 500 pound deadlift, but my squat is not even at 300 yet. 275 squat and 420 deadlift, Ive got my work cut out for me[/quote]

If it makes you feel better - your Deadlift is ahead of mine - so I need to work even harder !

-Steve

[quote]NewPowerLifter wrote:

[quote]Wolf168 wrote:
Im currently working towards a 500 pound deadlift, but my squat is not even at 300 yet. 275 squat and 420 deadlift, Ive got my work cut out for me[/quote]

If it makes you feel better - your Deadlift is ahead of mine - so I need to work even harder !

-Steve[/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement mate!! Ive only started squatting last year in April, and Ive been deadlifting for a full year now. I wish I’d had known about Tnation when I started, I had to teach myself all the cues and technique off of books and youtube.

[quote]NewPowerLifter wrote:

[quote]jakerz96 wrote:
I’m game for the race to a 500 squat. Current best is 424.

Note: I think there is already a race/quest for the 495 deadlift thread.[/quote]

Ah why do 1 when you can do both !

From what i have been told, bringing your Squat up will bring your Deadlift up, so Squats + Milk + Smolov = Winner Ha

Your 24lbs ahead of me already need to get my skates on ![/quote]

Bringing the squat up will bring the DL up, however if you stop doing regular DL all together and just squat for a long period (a year or more), this statement may not hold truth. At least it did not for me.

I thought we might all throw in what we are doing to get there from time to time.

SSB Box Squats (pause on box 1 inch below parallel) 270x3, 300x3, 330x3, parallel box with wide stance 350x3

Reverse Band Deadlifts 245 add AVG bandsx10, 335x3, 425x2, 455x5, 485x5, 515x5

Pretty standard 5/3/1 with DE work thrown in on opposing days at 50, 60, and 70% of max for the current cycle (on squat dat, I do DE DL, on DL days I do DE Squat, etc.).

Pulled 192.5 Kg / 424lb tonight the surge of adrenaline I got after it was muhahahaha to describe it perfectly.

Missed it the 1st time, got so pissed off sat down for 5 mins and went again.

Did Rack Deads after it with a really really wide grip, they feel nice.

As an aside from tomorrow I’ll be running Jason Pegg’s 14 week program, he was kind enough to take me on.

Hope everyone is doing well.

-Steve

Paused box squat 405x1 tonight.

im in for the squat, but i dont deadlift due to lower back issues :frowning:

SSB 360x5 been squatting wide lately…

I’m joining the race, same boat as Jake (don’t call me out! i dont do vids). Already broke 500lb deadlift (going for 520lb tomorrow) but am only squatting 400lb on account of only really training it properly the last month.

I’m quite tall at about 6’2-6’3 and have slightly, but not too much so, longer legs than would be proportional. I’ve invented a little routine that’s adding 10kg per week to most of my lifts, i’ve been averaging about 2 PRs per week for the last month.

Next squat attempt is on the weekend or thereabouts.

Goodluck!

[quote]huscarl wrote:
I’m joining the race, same boat as Jake (don’t call me out! i dont do vids). Already broke 500lb deadlift (going for 520lb tomorrow) but am only squatting 400lb on account of only really training it properly the last month.

I’m quite tall at about 6’2-6’3 and have slightly, but not too much so, longer legs than would be proportional. I’ve invented a little routine that’s adding 10kg per week to most of my lifts, i’ve been averaging about 2 PRs per week for the last month.

Goodluck!

[/quote]
Best of luck… What is this magical program adding 10 kg per week to your lifts?

[quote]jakerz96 wrote:

[quote]huscarl wrote:

Goodluck!

[/quote]
Best of luck… What is this magical program adding 10 kg per week to your lifts?[/quote]

firstly, dont do big 3 only count as PR, 2 week cycle:

week 1, squats, deads, bench, standing front press
week 2, squats (constant), rack pulls from pins, floor press, standing behind the neck press

so i’ve got lotsa stuff to PR on, keeps me ticking over, routine type stuff below:

editted for simplicity, late night babble: it’s a bit like bill kaz’s “powderbuilding”. Heavy shit first for singles upto PR, then failure (but not quite - just a fking good beasting) on assistance stuff afterwards, go home sore like BB, but having moved some heavy stuffs.

GL