Race to 500 Squat & DL

On 400lb for each if someone is around or near 400 and wishes to race just respond here … well short of the 800lb race but little by little :slight_smile:

-Steve

I’m game for the race to a 500 squat. Current best is 424.

Note: I think there is already a race/quest for the 495 deadlift thread.

[quote]jakerz96 wrote:
I’m game for the race to a 500 squat. Current best is 424.

Note: I think there is already a race/quest for the 495 deadlift thread.[/quote]

Ah why do 1 when you can do both !

From what i have been told, bringing your Squat up will bring your Deadlift up, so Squats + Milk + Smolov = Winner Ha

Your 24lbs ahead of me already need to get my skates on !

Of course ‘why do one when you can do both’. My deadlift just eclipses my squat by about 100 pounds though, so that goal is already accomplished (on to 600 for that).

i am sitting at a 475 dl and starting the coan/philipi-routine on wednesday. i am shooting for at least a 30lbs gain so 505 would be nice.

Deadlifting tonight hopefully edge past my 400lb PR

:slight_smile:

I’m in :slight_smile:

405 squat, and I’ve never tried more than 315 deads but this will motivate me to go further!

[quote]jakerz96 wrote:
Of course ‘why do one when you can do both’. My deadlift just eclipses my squat by about 100 pounds though, so that goal is already accomplished (on to 600 for that).[/quote]

I’m in the same boat as you.

I’ve already got a >500 deadlift, but my squat is only 420. Count me in.

I’m in the race to 495 thread, but my goals would be incomplete without a squat goal.

I’ve knocked out a 405 squat after my ME squat workout once, and my calculated 1RM from my most recent workout is ~450 (370x7).

I pulled a 455 DL this morning.

Just out of curiosity, you’re talking about a raw 500 DL & squat right OP?

[quote]UrbanSavage wrote:
Just out of curiosity, you’re talking about a raw 500 DL & squat right OP?[/quote]

Of course

Went for 185kg last night failed miserably

Not a good Start !

Squat tonight, about time now i do some proper assistance work to go with the main exercises… seems the big jumps are over.

-Steve

Going for 600 for DL but I’m in for the squat. Sitting at 435 and looking to hit that 500.

Good good - Wish you best of luck for it.

-Steve

i’m in. my squat is sittin at about 455-465 right now. what counts as raw? are we lookin at TOTAL raw or does a belt still count?

My idea of RAW allows for belt and wraps, but no suits, briefs, or other appliances to acheive an ass-in-the-hole depth squat (since ATG is apparently verbotten here).

I generally squat using knee wraps and no belt for my top set only. Otherwise it’s knee sleeves only.

[quote]diekatze wrote:
i am sitting at a 475 dl and starting the coan/philipi-routine on wednesday. i am shooting for at least a 30lbs gain so 505 would be nice.[/quote]
Why so conservative?

Failed at Squatting 190kg last night just a horrible 2 days…

So switched to Front Squatting got 135kg done big carryover from Back Squatting.

So onwards from this minor setback

-Steve

Im currently working towards a 500 pound deadlift, but my squat is not even at 300 yet. 275 squat and 420 deadlift, Ive got my work cut out for me

Im currently working towards a 500 pound deadlift, but my squat is not even at 300 yet. 275 squat and 420 deadlift, Ive got my work cut out for me