Race To 405 Squat

[quote]Jab1 wrote:
Lol, amazin’, I just hit 155kg on Friday 9th at like 84kg bodyweight so pretty much identical. Looks like me and you got a real race on our hands![/quote]

Sure have. I’m hitting up smolov intense for the next 3 weeks so I’m hoping to hit well over 160kg after it, closer to 170kg would be sweet!

[quote]Heymaker wrote:
I’m in. Hit 160kg this morning.
[/quote]

Looks like you can get in on the 3 horse English race… I can’t hit 405 though where I train though with the plates… just 180/397, 182.5/402, 185/408. 4 plates will feel so good when it falls…

[quote]Brett295 wrote:
Just got 405 about 3 weeks ago. I switched from 531 to RTS and it seems to be working for me. I PRd in all 3 lifts and had a few PRs in assistance lifts. [/quote]

I’ve been working with RTS as well and have gone from 365 to 405 so far.

[quote]jake_j_m wrote:
Sure have. I’m hitting up smolov intense for the next 3 weeks so I’m hoping to hit well over 160kg after it, closer to 170kg would be sweet!

[quote]Heymaker wrote:
I’m in. Hit 160kg this morning.
[/quote]

Looks like you can get in on the 3 horse English race… I can’t hit 405 though where I train though with the plates… just 180/397, 182.5/402, 185/408. 4 plates will feel so good when it falls…[/quote]
Good luck bro! I have the same problem with plates. Gonna aim to hit 4 English plates then I’m thinking I’ll have to get 185kg to feel like I “really” got 4 plates. lol.

But next stop right now is 160… Seems to be a bigger mental barrier than 155.

[quote]Jab1 wrote:
Good luck bro! I have the same problem with plates. Gonna aim to hit 4 English plates then I’m thinking I’ll have to get 185kg to feel like I “really” got 4 plates. lol.

But next stop right now is 160… Seems to be a bigger mental barrier than 155.[/quote]

I know right… we’re at a mental disadvantage over here…

Let’s blast past 160kg… these are still baby weights compared to what we can no doubt handle

What programs are you all using to get to 405?
I’m currently on my second run of Sheiko #29.

I am using the westside method. I may be one of the lucky ones who has weight releasers, chains and bands at my disposal even though I lift at a SPA (aurgh). Sometimes you just have to invest in your “self” when the proper equipment is not available to you : )

Also using westside method. Recently bumped my squat back to ~350 for a single after fixing my form. Feels lame, but now I’m ME/DE squatting correctly.

quick update, squat 330x1 yesterday and did some quarter squats with 315 365 and 405, I’m getting much more used to the feeling of 400 lbs on my back

i’m in for the squat (already got the deadlift). Currently my best squat is 160Kg (~350lbs)

Long time reader/stalker, first time posting.

I’m up for getting my squat up. Got up to 170kg after Smolov last July, only just got back to 170 last month. Just finished the first wave of Jugge
rnaut (third run through)

315x7 the other day. +2 reps with 315 for me. Tomorrow after my speed squats Ill try some Iso holds with 405 or more to get better prepared.

did this a few years ago. Going for size now, so will eventualyl beat it with more bodyweight.

I’m close enough to this now to be in:

Bodyweight: 197 or so, maybe a bit less right when I wake up in the morning

Today, I my top sets were

350x5; 370x3; 385x1. I’m hoping to hit 405 by the time I leave school (mid-May).

Going for 405 as my opener at my first meet in mid-August.

I haven’t gone to failure, but I have done a 355 squat and 355 low box squat on ME days.

Got very close today:

375x3 very smooth
395x1 almost there
405x0 lost it after making it probably six inches out of the hole. Will hit that sh** next time.

looking back at my log, I’ve gone from on 1/20/12 doing 235x4 to now today doing 375x3. Lol @ noob gains and regaining lost strength.

I’m in. I’m hoping to get it after my next squat cycle. I’m placing my max right now at about 380-385.

CS

I’m in. I’m currently doing the two day/week 5/3/1 split because I’m in season. Last squat day I hit 335 x 3.

Just wanted to say that this is an awesome goal. Squatting in the 390s and above is really the first time that I’ve felt damn proud of a lift that I’m doing. I think I’ll probably feel similarly when I can bench 300 (pretty close to that), but there’s just something about squatting near 400 that feels really awesome.

Still in, hit 170kg / 375lb during max testing after Smolov Intense. Part of me wants to just run smolov again straight away and try and hit at least 405 afterwards… but I’m not whether that’s advisable or what direction to take my training now (my bench needs a lot of work)

[quote]digitalairair wrote:

.[/quote]

Best squat video. Vaulting over the bar afterwards = priceless