race to 200

hey i see a race to 200 does anyone want to race to 220. i’m currently around 205 or so and want to get to 220. i have to get some meat on my 6’6 skinny ass frame. any takers??

At or under 10% kinda negates the point of a BULKING challenge. Why not say under 15%? That’s still lean enough to be healthy, but it won’t kill you to temporarily lose sight of your abs in the quest for a little additional LBM.

i?m in.
currently 168 at 6?1".
i think it?ll take me a while, but i?ll get there. so, no racing involved.
want to get to 200 at 14-16% bf, then stay there and be happy.

To make any kind of race close to fair, you should go off of BMI or possibly percent of body weight/LBM gained.

This race to a bodyweight thing has got me thinking about a possible mass-gaining contest for the future. I never thought it’d be a good idea, but now we might have a reason to do it.

The goal of the contest would be to add the most LBM while ending up at or under your starting body fat percentage. There could be two groups - the bulkers/cutters and the slow gainers. The b/c’s would bulk for the first half of the contest, then cut the second half. (Or possibly 2/3, then 1/3; it’s just a detail right now.) The slow gainers would try to remain at or under their starting body fat percentage the entire contest.

The point of the two groups would be for the sake of comparison and education. The Marc McDougals and Machines of the world could compete along side the blimpies-to-shrimpies. Hopefully we could all learn a thing or two about both processes.

The judging would only be based on who gained the most LBM (as either a total, percentage of their LBM, percentage of their bodyweight, compared to their height, or some other kind of standard) while ending up at or below their starting body fat percentage.

Just some thoughts for the future.

Now start eating.

Well to join the race to 200. I started about 4 months ago. I started at 5’7" 176lbs, around 16-18% body fat. I have been eating and training big and I weighed in the other night at 188lbs and 10% body fat. So onward to my goal of 200lbs.

Ok, since I started this thread, do I get to make the rules? That would be after suggestions, of course. Right now, I’m about 14% BF, and I don’t want to gain any more BF along this trek. I want it to be as much LBM as possible.

I say 15% BF is a good cap.

For those of you who are well short of nearing 200 lbs, we could make this a contest for you too. We could take the average weight that us near the 200 mark are away from 200 (12 lbs in my case), and then say you have to add that average amount, and stay under a certain percent. Say a person weights 155 (around da boxer’s weight) and the average difference of people shooting for 200 is 13 lbs. Da boxer would have to get up to 168 in order to compete, while being under 15% bf. make sense?

I like this. It would be great if T-mag threw in some things.

Sounds like some fair rules to me JWright. I am 188 lbs at around 8-9% fat right now. Again, I am 6-1…so for all those who think this is a “short mans” contest, think again…haha. 15% BF cap is good! As I highly doubt I will have to get that high to get to 200 lbs. You guys are sooo losing this contest…;o)

Perfect Jwright. Im in. I actually shoot for my best ever of 170lbs, and hopefully stay under 10%, for personal reasons. Let’s do it.

When do we begin?
Pictures?
Special thread for this with strict info of individual?

cool Jwright, good idea my man

o0artica0o
aka da boxer

If we’re potentially getting up to 15%, I’d suggest avoiding shirtless pics. Just a thought…

I’ll Race, I won! I was going to say ill race you in lbm to your bm but, i’m still ahead… darn. This forum is no fun i need to race someone to something.

RACE TO 200!!!

This is a great idea!
Just a little extra motivation to think about every time i’m lifting and eating (so basically all day)

176lb right now under 10% BF with chicken legs…just wait 'till I start packin in the calories and packin some mass on those legs!! You guys are toast!

I’ll go for 220. Currently i’m running 212-213 and between 10-11%, LBM is ~190.

I think we need shirtless pics though, just so we eliminate those “gutless wonders” from fattening up too much to win. Come on, who can’t take a shirtless pic when you are at 15% BF or less? There have been some guys on here showing pics way above that.

We can take them. We can post them. I’m not sure who’d really want to look at them. It was just a thought.

Yeah I should be back to training with in the week. (Setting up stuff.) How long is the contest? When does it start. Can we say start in 1 or 2 weeks. Then what 12 weeks? :slight_smile:

I’m in…I’m 184 lbs <10% right now and have a 200 lb goal, and always up for a challenge.

I say we start September 1st, and end the day before Thanksgiving, Nov 26th. That way, we have 2.5 weeks of prep time in order to order whatever supps you want, and then after we finish, we can eat whateva we want on the biggest feast of the year.

I know some of us MAY reach 200 prior to that, but just keep going. If you can gain more lbm in that period of time, then go for it.

Remember, it’s a personal challenge to reach 200 first. We’re not competing to see who gets the fattest first or who reaches their goals first. It’s a deadline deal.

I don’t think there should be a defined end date. For those of us using 200 as a finish line, it’s possible that someone will get there well before 12 weeks. The guys with more bodyfat points to play with could certainly get there a lot sooner. Just because somebody wins doesn’t mean everyone else should give up the goal.

The bigger guys should get to play too, but Race to 200 is such a sexy name – especially for those of us who’ve always aspired to reach 200.

Well, if you don’t race to 200, then you can race as previously described using boxer al as an example.

Take 200 and subtract the average weight of those who are racing to 200. Say it is 12 lbs. Everyone needs to put on 12 lbs to compete. Those who are racing to 200 may only need to put on 10 lbs to get there, but this number provides a fair average for all others who wish to compete. For those who already have a solid amount of mass (goldberg et al), you can subtract a few lbm pounds from this and race too, as it would be harder for them to put on that amount of weight.

Also - I like the idea of an end date, because we all have to check in on that date. Then we can post pics, stats, etc. If you didn’t reach your goal by that date, then you need to do better next time. Sound fair?

Everyone - what is your weight? Please respond if you are racing to 200 only. This is so we can find out the averages and go from there.

As of 7:30 pm on Wednesday night, I weight 189 lbs on the dot.

I win! I hit 200 already. I went from 208 to 196 with a slight pause at 200 on the way.

Last time I did this I started at 212. My LBM worked out to 188 then. I gradually worked down to 192. There was no way that 188 was accurate. I wasn’t near 8% BF at 192. I had a good diet and all so I don’t think I lost all that much LBM. Oh well. I’ll keep at it and next time I find another trainer. In Oct. I’ll start back up and I’ll join the other race then…:slight_smile:

I think everyone racing to 200 should place their height in with there weight and bf. That way you get a better visual of how they look. Considering a 200lb 6 foot guy looks way different than a 5’7" 200lb guy. Just a thought.

Also about posting picks a good idea, but I would rather look at the T-Vixens.