Race to 140 kg/315 Bench

It’s time to get the 3 plate bench, let’s see who gets there the quickest. My own stats are 102 kg/224 lbs. bodyweight and a 117.5 kg/259 lbs. bench, 17 years of old. I plan to the get the 3 plates by the end of 2014.

Hey I’m down. I’m hoping to hit 275 on tuesday, and 315 by late april for my first meet.

In for sure. Got 135 for the second time ever yesterday and missed 137.5. Maybe a good month will get me there.

Bodyweight is 93kg.

[quote]MegaDavo891 wrote:
In for sure. Got 135 for the second time ever yesterday and missed 137.5. Maybe a good month will get me there.

Bodyweight is 93kg.[/quote]

No

in. current max 265-275

touch-n-go ok?

Hit 110kg paused at a meet, was probably good for 115kg (TnG max) at 83kg. Planning on moving up to the 93kg class this year, so we’ll see where my bench goes :slight_smile:

[quote]Mina293 wrote:

No[/quote]

I think he means Kilos.

I’ve done 2 reps TnG with 130kg, will post again when I get there!

Count me in. Might take longer for me, I’m currently at a calculated max of 125 kg/275 lbs and have hit 120 kg with ease in training the last couple of weeks. Was thinking of doing a peaking progam at some point this year to get me up into the 130s.

29 years old, 187 cm/6’1", 85-86 kg/187-189 lbs, if it matters.

In. I’ve hit 125kg paused as a Bulgarian style training maximum, bodyweight at 89kg in the morning, age 16. I don’t train touch-and-go so will be looking for it paused, either training or competition.
OP I think you can get that comfortably in under a year as long as you are committed - good luck.

[quote]halcj wrote:
In. I’ve hit 125kg paused as a Bulgarian style training maximum, bodyweight at 89kg in the morning, age 16. I don’t train touch-and-go so will be looking for it paused, either training or competition.
OP I think you can get that comfortably in under a year as long as you are committed - good luck.[/quote]

Sounds good, I’m using the bulgarian style maximal training as well, with lighter singles on the deadlift. The 117.5 kg was fairly easy. I am definitely committed, I’ll probably stick with this training style for a while, I find it works well for getting used to heavier weights. Nice bench, and thank you!

I’m at 110kg - YouTube

I have hit over 315 before but nit since my shoulder and elbow injury. I am currently building back up and will go for it very soon. Current Bests

245 for 9
275 for 3
355 with Sling Shot for Single.

Note I Bench with a Reverse Grip now as well.

[quote]Mina293 wrote:

No[/quote]

Why not?

[quote]Mina293 wrote:

No[/quote]

Why not?

[/quote]

I’m almost 1000% sure he doesn’t realize your talking Kilo

Fair enough, then.

Lol^ I read that the same way Reed, I would like nothing more than be able to bench 3 plates, current max is 235, I can finally get my entire upper body tight as hell on bench so it’s feeling better as of late. Going to try to hit 250 within a week or so.

Got 120 kg for 1 rep today, here’s the video:

[quote]Yonatan wrote:

[quote]Mina293 wrote:

No[/quote]

I think he means Kilos.

I’ve done 2 reps TnG with 130kg, will post again when I get there![/quote]

My bad

I’ll race you to 315kg :wink: