Race to 1,000lb Squat

i’m sure this will get flamed, but i know there were people that posted on the race to 800, so i know there’s some good squat numbers out there, i’m hoping to get some lurkers or others to post and discuss training.

One guy in here already has one, cant remember his TNation name, but he squatted 1005 last year at the meet I was at

EDIT - HollywoodAIP is his name

I’m almost* there.

*almost halfway

we’re talking raw right?

Since the CRATUS-GOAT has been out, there is no point in this race.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
Since the CRATUS-GOAT has been out, there is no point in this race.[/quote]

HAH!

Fuck yes. I’m in.

Give me about 10 years and I’ll be there.

CS

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
Fuck yes. I’m in.[/quote]

why you messin’ with this light-weight stuff ?

we all know the " Race to pull a 747 across town " thread is comin’…get after it !

well i guess i’ll post first. monday was safety bar, straps down 760/160lbs chains for a double, prolly 900 ish at top. here is vid of squat bar 955x2 reverse band, negligable at top and -80 at bottom, loose straps up, pretty easy but leaving room to still move up in weight. also hit a 625/160lbs chains equipped pull off 2" blocks last week, sooo race to 800 dead? lol…still a ways off.

Disclaimer, I know nothing about training at these sorts of weights and with this sort of gear.

I’m very curious: how long do you think that it will take to progress from where you’re at now to the 1000lb mark?

My only real mental filter for all this weight increases for really strong people has been hearing Phil Stevens on Iron Radio talking about deadlifting, where he feels lucky to get 5-15 lbs out of a year of training. I understand that the squat is different because of the gear and such, and I’m curious as to how different it actually is.

[quote]marlboroman wrote:

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
Fuck yes. I’m in.[/quote]

why you messin’ with this light-weight stuff ?

we all know the " Race to pull a 747 across town " thread is comin’…get after it !

[/quote]

I am going to drag it into my next weigh in.

[quote]2-SCOOPS wrote:
well i guess i’ll post first. monday was safety bar, straps down 760/160lbs chains for a double, prolly 900 ish at top. here is vid of squat bar 955x2 reverse band, negligable at top and -80 at bottom, loose straps up, pretty easy but leaving room to still move up in weight. also hit a 625/160lbs chains equipped pull off 2" blocks last week, sooo race to 800 dead? lol…still a ways off.

[/quote]

A monolift sure would make life easier.

I hate you guys. I’m taking my barbell and going home.

[quote]2-SCOOPS wrote:

[/quote]

Good Lord man that’s impressive! What are you sitting at weight wise? You look like a 220 pounder.

Also, I will be competing at the SPF Longhorn Classic. I plan on improving upon my 1005 squat. Is anyone going to SPF Nationals in June?

Ive always wondered, how much weight does a multi ply suit like that add to your squat?

I know you have to train technique differently so its not a direct calculation, but how much would you say your raw squat is?

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
Ive always wondered, how much weight does a multi ply suit like that add to your squat?

I know you have to train technique differently so its not a direct calculation, but how much would you say your raw squat is?[/quote]

My best raw squat is 670. The first time I put the Jack Briefs on I squatted 765. I can’t even imagine what full gear feels like. I can say, as a proficient raw squatter, that squatting in gear requires a lot more technique and testicular fortitude.

I’ll race to 800 dead! haha

[quote]HollywoodAIP wrote:

[quote]2-SCOOPS wrote:

[/quote]

Good Lord man that’s impressive! What are you sitting at weight wise? You look like a 220 pounder.

Also, I will be competing at the SPF Longhorn Classic. I plan on improving upon my 1005 squat. Is anyone going to SPF Nationals in June?[/quote]

i’m a 198, my walking around weight is just over 200. Nice work on the 1005! what are you going for?

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:

I know you have to train technique differently so its not a direct calculation, but how much would you say your raw squat is?[/quote]

it really depends, my best raw gym squat is 765, i’ve done 725/80lbs in chains, so i’m hoping to get 250+lbs out of breifs and suit(both multi ply). however both are pretty loose, i put on and take off all my gear without help or slippers and it only takes a few min to get everything on or off. when i first got a single ply suit i got about 200lbs out of it. I still plan on breaking the 198 raw squat record but am taking some time off to do gear work. technique is key and you really need some good top end squat strength. its very hard to explain without experiencing gear. its the hardest thing you’ll ever experience lol. sorry i couldn’t really answer you better. maybe someone else can.