Race and Intelligence

[quote]belligerent wrote:
borrek wrote:
Maybe Africa went to hell because the Europeans were less interested in colonizing, and more interested in scavenging resources.

…or maybe it’s because Africa has always been the most violent continent on Earth since long before a white man ever set foot there.[/quote]

Hardly.

They do not hold a candle to Europe.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
This topic always seems like the secular version of creationism. I don’t know that anyone gets what I mean, but it just comes off that way to me. [/quote]

Lot’s of the HBD people call it that - liberal creationism.

I do not think your answer lies in intelligence, but education

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
Sloth wrote:
This topic always seems like the secular version of creationism. I don’t know that anyone gets what I mean, but it just comes off that way to me.

Lot’s of the HBD people call it that - liberal creationism. [/quote]

You stumped me. What’s HBD? It’s probably something I should know, but can’t seem to recall.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
Sloth wrote:
This topic always seems like the secular version of creationism. I don’t know that anyone gets what I mean, but it just comes off that way to me.

You stumped me. What’s HBD? It’s probably something I should know, but can’t seem to recall.[/quote]

Human biodiversity.

[quote]orion wrote:
belligerent wrote:
borrek wrote:
Maybe Africa went to hell because the Europeans were less interested in colonizing, and more interested in scavenging resources.

…or maybe it’s because Africa has always been the most violent continent on Earth since long before a white man ever set foot there.

Hardly.

[/quote]

ALL races fight, just a matter of degree. Europeans have plenty of violence on their record. But violence has occupied a much less central position in Western civilization than in Africa.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I do not think your answer lies in intelligence, but education[/quote]

Education is acquired knowledge. Intelligence is innate processing ability. The latter is genetic and not amendable to education. Very little of what goes on in schools these days has any educational value anyway.

orion wrote:
belligerent wrote:
borrek wrote:

…or maybe it’s because Africa has always been the most violent continent on Earth since long before a white man ever set foot there.

Hardly.

ALL races fight, just a matter of degree. Europeans have plenty of violence on their record. But violence has occupied a much less central position in Western civilization than in Africa.[/quote]

Do you actually know Europe’s history?

When have we ever NOT waged war?

What do you think made as so good at it to conquer and dominate the rest of the word for centuries?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
Sloth wrote:

You stumped me. What’s HBD? It’s probably something I should know, but can’t seem to recall.[/quote]

Acronym Definition
HBD Happy Birthday
HBD Homebrew Digest
HBD Here Be Dragons
HBD Hydrogen Bond Donor
HBD Has Been Drinking (police communications)
HBD Hadron Blind Detector
HBD Human Biodiversity
HBD Hypophosphatemic Bone Disease
HBD Hemoglobin–Delta Locus
HBD Hot Bearing Detector (trains)
HBD Half Board
HBD Honored By Death (gaming clan)
HBD Honored By Death (gaming clan, Battlefield 2)
HBD Hybrid Booster Drive (Electric Vehicle Institute)
HBD Handheld Business Device
HBD Hydraulic Bottom Detector
HBD Hierarchical Block Design
HBD Highest Benefit Density
HBD Hot Bus Driver

I like ‘Here Be Dragons’. ‘Has Been Drinking’, that would be me. But I guess it is the ‘Handheld Business Device’ -people we are talking about.

[quote]orion wrote:
belligerent wrote:
orion wrote:
belligerent wrote:
borrek wrote:

Hardly.

ALL races fight, just a matter of degree. Europeans have plenty of violence on their record. But violence has occupied a much less central position in Western civilization than in Africa.

What do you think made as so good at it to conquer and dominate the rest of the word for centuries?

[/quote]

Again, ALL races fight. Do I have to spell it out that the differences between groups are in the amount of time and energy devoted to violence vs. things other than violence? Do you think it’s relevant to note that all of African lore depicts the ideal man a warrior, and can you see any parellels to modern black culture? Look the fuck around you.

orion wrote:
belligerent wrote:
orion wrote:
belligerent wrote:
borrek wrote:

Hardly.

Again, ALL races fight. Do I have to spell it out that the differences between groups are in the amount of time and energy devoted to violence vs. things other than violence? Do you think it’s relevant to note that all of African lore depicts the ideal man a warrior, and can you see any parellels to modern black culture? Look the fuck around you.
[/quote]

But that is a different topic.

That is more about the cultural expression of violence and maybe some concepts coming from Africa are not exactly 21 century.

Culture not race.

borrek wrote:

…or maybe it’s because Africa has always been the most violent continent on Earth since long before a white man ever set foot there.[/quote]

That is ridiculous. African history is no more violent than any other continent. Their current political problems are based out of poverty and have nothing to do with intelligence.

The problem with these so called studies is that things are heavily weighted by differences in education, and we all know that socio-economic status has a tremendous effect. Anyone who purports that IQ tests measure intelligence and not education is a fool.

[/quote]

African lore also depicts the ideal woman as a mother, and that mother is the keystone of their society. You seem to want to denigrate the Africans using lore, yet are looking are more modern times to give other cultures a pass. What about the fact that Egyptians were creating feats of engineering when europeans were doing nothing but raping and pillaging across their continent? What does that say about intelligence?

[quote]THE_CLAMP_DOWN wrote:
In “Guns, Germs, and Steal” Jared Diamond says… NO.[/quote]

That book was shit, though the answer is no.

mike

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
THE_CLAMP_DOWN wrote:
In “Guns, Germs, and Steal” Jared Diamond says… NO.

mike[/quote]

That is harsh.

You try to build a civilization on neolithic corn and guinea pigs and then get back to me.

[quote]borrek wrote:
belligerent wrote:

African lore also depicts the ideal woman as a mother, and that mother is the keystone of their society. You seem to want to denigrate the Africans using lore, yet are looking are more modern times to give other cultures a pass. What about the fact that Egyptians were creating feats of engineering when europeans were doing nothing but raping and pillaging across their continent? What does that say about intelligence?
[/quote]

The Egyptians were Egyptian, not black. And I’m not denigrating anybody. I’ve already stated that any given black individual can be smarter than any given white individual. It’s just a matter of averages.

[quote]orion wrote:
Mikeyali wrote:
THE_CLAMP_DOWN wrote:
In “Guns, Germs, and Steal” Jared Diamond says… NO.

mike

That is harsh.

You try to build a civilization on neolithic corn and guinea pigs and then get back to me.

[/quote]

No one is saying it’s not difficult to get out of stone age life if all you have is neolithic corn and guinea pigs, IQ aside. However, it’s impossible for Diamond to say that agriculture and geography had no effect on our genomes when it comes to IQ when it had an effect on everything else. I read his book and he spends basically a paragraph handwaving the topic.

[quote]borrek wrote:
belligerent wrote:
borrek wrote:

That is ridiculous. African history is no more violent than any other continent. Their current political problems are based out of poverty and have nothing to do with intelligence.

The problem with these so called studies is that things are heavily weighted by differences in education, and we all know that socio-economic status has a tremendous effect. Anyone who purports that IQ tests measure intelligence and not education is a fool.[/quote]

You just accept everything your liberal educators taught you. African history is no more violent than any other continent’s? Which is more violent, vaporizing 100,000 citizens in a flash with an atomic bomb in response to an act of war by the japanese, or impaling each one of them individually with a spear out of the necesity to use displays of violence in order to maintain control (Shaka Zulu)?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
clip11 wrote:
I want to know, realistically, if there is any link between race and intelligence. I look at the stae Africa is in, and it made me wonder. When europeans colonized it, it was actually in much better condition, and when they left, Africa went to hell. Whats anyones opinion?

There is. East Asians are the smartest, followed by Caucasians, then Black people and Hispanics.

For ex, the difference in IQ score (average) between black and white Americans has remained almost unchanged over the past century, despite improvement in living conditions for black people.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/9530.aspx

[/quote]

You’re a moron.

The Egyptians were Egyptian, not black. And I’m not denigrating anybody. I’ve already stated that any given black individual can be smarter than any given white individual. It’s just a matter of averages.[/quote]

Egyptians are still African.

And, your statement about knowing hundreds of smarter white people, but maybe only 10 smarter black people was very denigrating, and downright stupid. It was a pointless metric yet you tried to pretend it was some sort of revelation. I’m sure you don’t know even one black person for every 10 whites. It is so very gracious of you to say that there are statistical outliers who may reach your vaunted levels of intellect.