R.I.P. Randy Rhoads - 30 Years Today

A moment of silence for the great one.

I got into Ozzy just before the plane crashed and remember it like it was yesterday.

RIP.

He also banged Sharon before She got together with Ozzy. Just wanted to put that out there.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

He also banged Sharon before She got together with Ozzy. Just wanted to put that out there.[/quote]

So your saying he took the easy way out?

[quote]imhungry wrote:
He also banged Sharon before She got together with Ozzy. Just wanted to put that out there.[/quote]

lol - missing SAMA bad, huh IH? ; )

But yea I’d heard that somewhere along the way too.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

Braggin’ or complainin’?

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

So your saying he took the easy way out?
[/quote]
Ha! You could say that, huh?

Skynett: To be honest, I don’t miss SAMA that much. I miss what it was… not what it turned out to be.

Btw, where have you been hiding?

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Skynett: To be honest, I don’t miss SAMA that much. I miss what it was… not what it turned out to be.

Btw, where have you been hiding?[/quote]

I tend to just read mostly these days. I’ve lost my taste for the endless forum pissing contests! Lol - I’m still here though.

My own little RR tribute for today…

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

I tend to just read mostly these days. I’ve lost my taste for the endless forum pissing contests! Lol - I’m still here though.

I Don’t Know.

Yeah, the arguing thing is an immense waste of time and energy. I can’t help myself sometimes, though… :slight_smile:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

I Don’t Know.[/quote]

Don’t Know What??!

Kidding…just kidding. ; )

…Who?

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:
…Who?[/quote]

BLASPHEMY!!!

Please leave, sir.

I grew up listening to Ozzy because of my Mom.

She was always saying how much better Randy Rhoads was than Ozzy’s later guitarist (don’t know his name).

He was way before my time but awesome nonetheless!

A badass solo that was still being recorded after he completed his part of a tune…

[quote]imhungry wrote:
I got into Ozzy just before the plane crashed and remember it like it was yesterday.

RIP.

What? Randy died of a drug overdose (in B4 RV)

[quote]imhungry wrote:
A badass solo that was still being recorded after he completed his part of a tune…

Yea that’s really cool. That 30 year Blizzard box set looks amazing - definitely going to pick that up at some point - tons of rare material and footage.

And I think Roy is kidding, but RR did not die of a drug overdose.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:
…Who?[/quote]

BLASPHEMY!!!

Please leave, sir.[/quote]

Ewwww! Old people.

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:
…Who?[/quote]

BLASPHEMY!!!

Please leave, sir.[/quote]

Ewwww! Old people.[/quote]

“Real guitars are for OLD PEOPLE!!!” - Eric Cartman

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

And I think Roy is kidding [/quote]

Yep. I was referencing this quote:

[quote]roguevampire wrote:
unfortunately, this is all to common with music. Look at all the great artists that died way to early. Jimi hendrix, jim morrison, most of Lynard skynard, janis joplin and Elvis. Not to mention curt cobain and many others.[/quote]

And this thread:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/trying_to_influence_your_childs_music_tastes;jsessionid=2D2D52007913C29CFE8587AEF60E5329-mcd02.hydra?id=5109368&pageNo=11

Although RV is bound to turn up with the real scoop on Randy’s death.

A personal fave:

Wow, thirty years. I’ve been to alot of shows but the first Ozzy tour in my town I missed for some reason or another and I never got to see him play. Biggest concert regret for sure. My wife did the lucky shit, brings that point up whenever possible.

One of my close friends brother used to take lessons from Randy before he was with Ozzy, probably with Quiot Riot at the time.

As far as I’m concerned Rhoads and Dime are the top. Sucks both my guitar idols died before their prime or just entering it. Now that I think of it all my guitar god posters I put up the dude died or eventually died, the other being Hendrix. Hmmm.

Favorite Ozzy/Rhoads song.