R.I.P. Rachel Corrie

Today is the three year annivesary of the death of Rachel Corrie. She was ran over over by an IDF Caterpillar D9 bulldozer when she tried to obstruct the destruction of a Palestinian doctor’s in Rafah. She was an American girl of 23 years old. This girl was a hero. R.I.P pretty.

http://www.rachelcorriefoundation.org/

Just wondering how many of you guys ever heard of her. Makes you think of the Lavon affair, the USS liberty and other notorious Israeli attacks on innocent Americans?

I remember her. She was a naive activist idiot.

I will save my tears for true victims and not fools that lay in front of bulldozers.

Natural selection works.

I’ve heard of her. I admire her passion but…

She sat in front of a bulldozer. What the hell did she THINK was going to happen?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

I will save my tears for true victims and not fools that lay in front of bulldozers.

Natural selection works.[/quote]

What about the students who laid down in front of tanks in Tiananmen Square? Were they naive activist idiots too?

Yup.

Israel has a right to defend herself,but some of their tatics are very questionable.For a country made up of a lot of Holocuast survivors,they sure do use a lot of Nazi tatics against the native Palastinians.This conflict,if not solved,will lead to WWIII.In fact,I believe it has already started.

Islam fanatics will continue to rally their religous fanatics against the Jewish devils and their protectors,mainly America and England.This has lead to what we’re seeing the past 35 years,terrorist attacks against Israel and the west,and our response.

[quote]barbos01 wrote:
Yup.[/quote]

I second that yup.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
barbos01 wrote:
Yup.

I second that yup.[/quote]

I third that.

Just saw this thread.

Corrie was no peace-loving humanist - she was an ideological maniac who reinforced the very barbarian attitudes that makes peace in the middle east impossible.

A hero? No - a tragedy for two reasons: one, that someone didn’t knock some sense into her in her youth - no doubt she was encouraged by contemporaries rather than chastised - and two, that the Left thinks she is what qualifies as a hero, when she made the problem worse, rather than better.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
A hero? No[/quote]

Characteristics of heroes: Courage and altruism.
That girl had plenty of both.

Big guys with automatic weapons, grenades, armoured vehicles and air support can hardly match the degree of heroism of Rachel. Yet, some of you insist on calling them heroes. Then again, I prefered litterature over Marvel comics…

[quote]lixy wrote:

Characteristics of heroes: Courage and altruism.
That girl had plenty of both.[/quote]

Your definition, not surprisingly, is lacking.

Courage in pursuit of what? Altruism on behalf of whom and in pursuit of what?

Hatred? Genocide? Murder?

Hitler was both courageous and altruistic by your measure, after all he was quite adacious in martial spirit and was dedicated and unselfish to his Aryan peoples - a hero?

Well, maybe I should back up - Islamists and Nazis do have a common mortal enemy and a shared appreciate for the Protocols of Zion.

Acts aren’t enough to make you a hero.

Laughable. You have shown your true colors by being a flimsy apologist on behalf of Corrie. The guys in the armored tanks may not be underdogs, but they put themselves in harm’s way to preserve and protect a lifestyle against 7th century tribalism, gender apartheid, superstition, murderous ideology, amd illiberal government.

What you fight for determines the heroism - not that you fight.

And don’t lecture me on either decent literature or Marvel comics - neither are allowed in the kind of fascist society Corrie wanted to protect.

She was a fool, and so are those that lionize her.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

Natural selection works.[/quote]

I could not agree more. She’s like the Human Sheild we had at the beginning of the Iraq war.

Bulldozer?..Humm, I think I’ll just lay down in front of it…

She was probably trying to be the same as that guy in China with the tank.

Here is our peace-loving humanist teaching the value of co-existence and tolerance to innocent and shape-able minds.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Hitler was both courageous and altruistic by your measure, after all he was quite adacious in martial spirit and was dedicated and unselfish to his Aryan peoples - a hero?[/quote]

Not sure he’s altruistic. I mean, he clearly reaped advantages from his philosophy. He became Fuhrer with all the prerogatives that come with it. But I got your point nonetheless.

Many more wackos around the world share that abominable appreciation that are neither Islamists nor Nazis.

I see we’re too far off to ever reach a concensus on this one. I don’t think Hamas would have gotten far without the occupation. They have a regressive vision and their methods are condemnable. But, you seem to entertain the idea that their ideology is inherent to the Palestinian people. Can’t do much about it at this point but refer you to a good compendium about the origins of the conflict that was compiled by a Jewish organization; It’s pretty lengthy but a must-read for anyone who wants to know more about the history of Israel/Palestine.

http://www.cactus48.com/truth.html

This video reveals a lot about the mindset of the animals who killed Corrie and harass other human rights workers on a daily basis:

[quote]lixy wrote:
Today is the three year annivesary of the death of Rachel Corrie. She was ran over over by an IDF Caterpillar D9 bulldozer when she tried to obstruct the destruction of a Palestinian doctor’s in Rafah. She was an American girl of 23 years old. This girl was a hero. R.I.P pretty.

http://www.rachelcorriefoundation.org/

Just wondering how many of you guys ever heard of her. Makes you think of the Lavon affair, the USS liberty and other notorious Israeli attacks on innocent Americans?

USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia [/quote]

My favorite picture was right after her head was crushed and the junior Van Dreesens were impotently holding her.
http://www.ecn.org/eterotopia/dossier/rachel.html

[quote]OKLAHOMA STATE wrote:
This video reveals a lot about the mindset of the animals who killed Corrie and harass other human rights workers on a daily basis:

- YouTube [/quote]

Wow - a clip of some drunk young punks? It reveals alot about the “mindset of the animals”?

Or it reveals alot about you?

[quote]Juan Blanco wrote:

My favorite picture was right after her head was crushed and the junior Van Dreesens were impotently holding her.
http://www.ecn.org/eterotopia/dossier/rachel.html
Rachel Corrie, Rachel Thaler and many other Rachels besides [/quote]

Don’t act like a prick. She was naive and radical and a moron and a dupe, and certainly no martyr or hero, but don’t be classless enough to be glad she was crushed to death.

[quote]OKLAHOMA STATE wrote:

[/quote]

“This is my land. God gave it to me. Fuck you.”

All righty then…

Here are some of the people I consider heroes:

• Jesus of Nazareth
  • Mahatma Ghandi
  • Mehdi Ben Barka
  • Martin Luther King
  • Olof Palme
  • etc…

By the logic of Zap, the many people who voluntarily endured the braze of 9/11 to rescue others and died are naive and deserve Darwin awards. I say they’re heroes.