R.I.P. Obama's Grandma

I don’t know If this should go in the Politics forum, But this isnt really political.

R.I.P. Obama’s Grandma.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama’s grandmother died of cancer, he said in a statement on Monday, a little more than a week after Obama interrupted the White House race to say goodbye to her in Hawaii.

“It is with great sadness that we announce that our grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, has died peacefully after a battle with cancer,” Obama said in a joint statement with his sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng. “She was the cornerstone of our family, and a woman of extraordinary accomplishment, strength, and humility.”

Dunham helped raise Obama from the age of 10 while his mother was working in Indonesia, and Obama took an emotional 22-hour trip to Hawaii to visit her on October 23 and 24.

(Reporting by John Whitesides; editing by David Alexander)

He loved her and on a human level my condolences to the family.

There goes a source of information for the validity of his birth certificate.

[quote]RebornTN wrote:
There goes a source of information for the validity of his birth certificate.[/quote]

Bitch

Poor guy.

It also makes me sad that people will jump on this to attack the guy. He just lost a family member, show SOME tact.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Poor guy.

It also makes me sad that people will jump on this to attack the guy. He just lost a family member, show SOME tact.[/quote]

You may think I’m a softie, but it tears my heart out watching people in the middle east heaving uncontrollably holding the bloody bodies of their slaughtered loved ones no matter what side their on.

The man lost one of the most important persons in his life. It’s not right or useful to scorn that. He is a fellow human being after all.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Makavali wrote:
Poor guy.

It also makes me sad that people will jump on this to attack the guy. He just lost a family member, show SOME tact.

You may think I’m a softie, but it tears my heart out watching people in the middle east heaving uncontrollably holding the bloody bodies of their slaughtered loved ones no matter what side their on.

The man lost one of the most important persons in his life. It’s not right or useful to scorn that. He is a fellow human being after all.[/quote]

No, you’re not a softie, you’re human. Watching those people sobbing as they hold the mangled corpse of a loved one isn’t something a normal person could just look at and think “meh”.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
No, you’re not a softie, you’re human. Watching those people sobbing as they hold the mangled corpse of a loved one isn’t something a normal person could just look at and think “meh”.[/quote]

…Shit.

<_< (jk)

My condolences to the Obama family.

I still hope he loses the election !
No sympathy vote from me.

[quote]NycMan wrote:
I still hope he loses the election !
No sympathy vote from me.[/quote]

Who said anything about sympathy votes?

If this was McCains mom the comments would probably be going something like: “Oh here we go, let’s give McCain the sympathy vote… How DARE he use the death of his mother for political gain!? STONE THIS MAN!”

My condolences to him and his family. I can’t imagine what it must be like to have to deal with the loss of his mother (for all intensive purposes) and an election day simultaneously.

[quote]RebornTN wrote:
There goes a source of information for the validity of his birth certificate.[/quote]

She knew too much…

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Makavali wrote:
Poor guy.

The man lost one of the most important persons in his life. It’s not right or useful to scorn that. He is a fellow human being after all.[/quote]

Decent does not equal soft. You’re right. To be an intelligent, feeling human being is to acknowledge the pain other human beings feel, whether or not you are in agreement with their views.

People who can easily suspend that sort of decency are of questionable character in my book.

If he wins - talk about bittersweet. My condolences to anyone suffering a human loss today.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
If this was McCains mom the comments would probably be going something like: “Oh here we go, let’s give McCain the sympathy vote… How DARE he use the death of his mother for political gain!? STONE THIS MAN!”[/quote]

But that would make the comments equally disgusting. Unless either were actually milking the death of a family member, nobody really has the right to act that way.

If McCain’s mom was the one that had just died, I would have the exact same thing to say. Losing a family member is never easy.