R.I.P. NBA Star Manute Bol

I don’t think most people here were old enough to watch him play, but some people might recall the name. Truly sad…

Article:

Pictures:

Yeah, I remember him watching him play back in the days. He use to tower over everyone!

RIP Manute.

From a Warriors fan, RIP Bol.

I got to see him play once. I remember a few guys in the crowd chuckling at the sight of Bol.

When he first arrived in the U.S., he was 198lbs at a height of 7’7". Bol worked with renowned trainer Mackie Shilstone who helped him increase his bodyweight to over 230lbs in 1 month. I remember reading this in an article from a 1988 issue of Muscle & Fitness.

my god, that guy is like…alien tall. never saw him play, as I was a toddler during that time, but anyone with that many blocks on his record must have been a baller. that picture next to spud webb is crazy!

RIP. Great humanitarian. He always wanted to make life better for his people in his home country of Sudan, and went broke doing it. All the money he earned from the NBA went to helping his country.

We should all be so unselfish. Great man.

I remember him.

damn RIP Manute

Tallest player in NBA history with smallest player in NBA history, Muggsy Bogues.

A great player and a great humanitarian. I will always look up to him (ZING!).

his cock had to be insane

Very good player, GREAT person.

RIP

NBA Star is a stretch.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
RIP. Great humanitarian. He always wanted to make life better for his people in his home country of Sudan, and went broke doing it. All the money he earned from the NBA went to helping his country.

We should all be so unselfish. Great man.[/quote]

Don’t want to sully his name, but apperantly quite a bit of his money was lost due to excessive gambling as well as to his phianthropic deeds. Either way, everyone who knew him has nothing but nice things to say about the guy. RIP.