Quotes

Rafael, here are two verses that you may be thinking of: both are from the same book - Philippians, but I’m not sure which is more popular. 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. and 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

I also like:“Do or do not, there is no try” - Yoda “Give 110%, because if you don’t your opponent will”

and finally, for all you rugby t-men out there:
rugby is not for million dollar cry babies who drop passes, miss fly balls and can’t score on a power play…it’s a SPORT

Here is one that I’ve always liked. “Talent is God’s gift to us. What we do with that talent is our gift back to God.” I don’t know who said it and it may be too much on the theological side for some.

“If you’re not getting bigger, you’re getting smaller.” --me

Nobody thought of this!
“Every man dies, but not every man really lives.” You know who said it.

And for laughs,
“Ah because you’re black?”
“HELL NO, Damn alligator bit my hand off!” Chubb from Happy Gilmore

1.Tough times never last, but tough people do

2.Do not free the camel of the burden of his hump; you may be freeing him from being a camel

3.Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness

4.Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal

5.The strongest man in the world is he who stands alone

6.It is not what they take away from you that counts.It’s what you do with what you have left

7.The harder you work, it’s harder to surrender

8.The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.

Enough for this time.

Citius, Altius, Fortius"
Faster, Higher, Stronger

dys,
i like rollins too.
i have 200lbs, is always 200lbs. also.

To quote TC, (can’t remember which atomic dog, its an older one) “Let go of the rock.”

Michelle, rugby is a sport for losers who could not make it in the professional sports. Well, ok, I am being overly harsh here but I hate it when people take pride in something for wrong reasons. Don’t get me wrong, rugby is one of the toughest sports around, but just be honest with yourself. If you had a choice between playing in MLB, NHL, NBA, or NFL and earning millions while doing something that you love and playing rugby and not getting paid worth shit wouldn’t you rather pursue the former? As far as professional athletes dropping passes, missing fly balls, and being crybabies are concerned take one good look at XFL and you’ll see that playing the game at the highest level is very difficult. Those guys are supposed to be playing “for the love of the game” and I am sure they do. But, damn it they suck balls! What they do on the field is pathetic. Playing at the highest level takes a lot of talent, dedication, and hard work. Not many people have all 3 components together and that’s why professional athletes get paid so much. When they whine you should understand how much blood, sweat, and tears they shed to get where they are. So, please, take pride in yourself for playing rugby, the sport that you love. Take pride in being more physical than 99% of population. Just do not for a moment think that you are better than the “crybabies” that you mentioned. If they played rugby they would kick your ass – they are stronger, faster, and better than you. They chose to do whatever they do because they love playing the game and they are actually getting paid good money.

“Those who can, do; Those who can’t, teach; Those who can’t teach, teach gym.” - Woody Allen

“Be too proud to show the wounds.”

Roman - the post was meant as a joke…that’s a t-shirt slogan. As for professional athletes, I am well aware that they work hard. I am also well aware that they whine all the time about not getting paid enough (like the poor NBA players who have to practice 5 days a week and then play games on the weekends awwww my heart bleeds for them - there are thousands of less-gifted people who have more heart and would LOVE to play the sport that they love for hours a day every day) and I am sorry, that is not funny at all. I love my sport and defend it often. Many pro athletes make millions a year, yet they sit out games because of a minor sprain or a bad bruise or they some other lame excuse (yes, I know there are many who also play through) find me a dedicated amature - in any sport - who will not play through bad sprains, broken ribs, or other injuries that would sideline a millionare crybaby for weeks. that is the point of the t-shirt, i am sorry if it offended you. oops…i have a feeling this thread is now going to go WAY off topic. SORRY!!! if you wnat to continue this particular tangent please start another thread!!!

Michelle, you did not really offend me – I am far from being a professional athlete. Also, I don’t think there is a need to start a separate post. Yes, this is a tangent but hey, that’s how conversations progress, from one tangent to another. So, continuing with the theme, I don’t like their bitching and whining much myself, I am just trying to rationalize their behavior. Professional athletes sit games out with injuries that you perceive as “minor” because their ass is on the line every time they go out there. They don’t want to fuck up their stats and let the team down by playing hurt. At their level anything less than great performance is not appreciated much, no matter the reason. Not many people care if you have “heart” if you strike out with bases loaded when just one hit wins the game and the World Series.

“Lose the dress. Keep the shoes.” – David Lee Roth

Aussie, no offense to Australia or New Zealanders. I just hate that movie and I think Russell Crowe is a shitty actor.

Michelle - thanks for the quotes. It was the second one.

“Hoooooooooowa”-scent of a woman

“I dont care if butch goes to Indochina I want a nigger hidin out in a bowl of rice ready to put a cap in his ass.”- pulp fiction

“I’m a mushroom cloud layin mother fucker,mother fucker,I’m superfly TNT”-pulp fiction

and my favorite

“Get busy livin or get busy dyin”.-shawshank

“Don’t any of ya want to play for blood?” Johnny Ringo

“I’m your huckleberry, that’s just my game”
Doc Holiday

“To Kill your enemies, See them driven before you, And hear the lamentations of the women!” Conan the Barbarian

"success is like a woman, and if you cringe before her she will overide you, but if you show her the back of your hand, then; maybe she will do the crawling.
-william Faulkner-

Sorry Dave, that’s " Success is feminine, and like a woman,if you cringe before her she will overide you, but if you show her the back of your hand, then maybe she will do the crawling." I should know this seeing it’s on my god damned wall, and I didn’t want to be corrected by any literary T-men (or angry T-vixens)