QUOTES!!!

What quotes changed the way you think? It can be related to anything!

These are mine:

“Pound for pound, Olympic weightlifters have a greater level of speed-strength than any other class of athletes in all of sport. This fact was made very clear during a massive scientific expedition carried out on the athletes at the Mexico City Olympics in 1964.”

-Fred Hatfield (A.K.A. Dr. Squat)

“Powerlifting, for the first time in history, was devised to test one’s limit strength. No other sport does.”

-Fed Hatfield (A.K.A. Dr. Squat)

“The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is
always two hundred pounds.”

“Life is relative.”

If you really understand this, and actually apply it, it can change a lot of your views.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
“Life is relative.”

If you really understand this, and actually apply it, it can change a lot of your views.[/quote]

please elaborate

[quote]andy90 wrote:
“The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is
always two hundred pounds.”[/quote]

Wonderful quote from Henry Rollins

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
“Life is relative.”

If you really understand this, and actually apply it, it can change a lot of your views.

please elaborate[/quote]

Well, everything is relative. Everything we know and understand is relative to a certain normal. Beauty is relative, success is relative, normal is relative, intelligence is relative, etc… Sometimes, you have to forgo the way you view something, and see it from a whole new perspective, to actually learn anything.

nothing is impossible. dedication is what thrives to overcome to do greater things

“You’re all worthless and weak! Now drop and give me twenty!”

Neidermeyer (Animal House)

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
~Wayne Gretzky

[quote]Kreal7 wrote:
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
~Wayne Gretzky [/quote]

Argh. I hate that quote, it’s inaccurate. I mean I understand the concept, but you don’t MISS shots you don’t take. You nothing them.

“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill.

It will make or break a company… a church… a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past… we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable.

The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you… we are in charge of our Attitudes.

-Charles Swindoll

Rudeness is the weak man’s imitaion of strength.

-Eric Hoffer

My favorites:

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
-Gandhi

All we are is the result of what we have thought.
-Buddha

“Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don’t matter
and those who matter don’t mind.”
~Dr. Seuss

“Losers find a problem in the solution. Winners find a solution in the problem.”
– Steven Lien

“The purpose of a liberal education is to make you philosophical enough to accept the fact that you will never make much money through it.”
–Anonymous–

and my favorite:

“Your focus determines your reality.”

“Poor planning on your part, does not constitute a problem on my part.”

“All we are is dust in the wind”
Bill and Ted

“I hate Jews”

-Hitler

In the immortal words of Colonel Sanders:
“I’m too drunk to taste this chicken.”

From our club blackboard:

“It’s functional if it’s 33% of your sport.” - 2-scoops

“Solar powered sunchips? You can solar power a deep fat fryer, don’t make it healthy” - 2-scoops

“I refuse to cut until I hit 25% bodyfat” - Crabs

These are all form Robert Ingersoll:

The man who does not do his own thinking is a slave, and is a traitor to himself and to his fellow-men.

Only the very ignorant are perfectly satisfied that they know. To the common man the great problems are easy. He has no trouble in accounting for the universe. He can tell you the origin and destiny of man and the why and wherefore of things.

But honest men do not pretend to know; they are candid and sincere; they love the truth; they admit their ignorance, and they say, “We do not know.”

Labor is the only prayer that Nature answers; it is the only prayer that deserves an answer – good, honest, noble work.

Not everything that can be counted, counts. Not everything that counts can be counted.
Einstein