Quotes - Favorites

I find myself paraphrasing General George S. Patton quite often when caught in traffic.

“Lead, follow, or get out of the way.”

I sprinkle in my own adjectives when appropriate.

“Sometimes you just gotta put your morals aside, and do the right thing” No idea who said it but I love it.

“Its in your nature to destroy yourselves.” - “The Terminator” aka Arnold

That always hit me. No matter what religion, ideology, country, etc.

They criticize me for harping on the obvious; if all the folks in the United States would do the few simple things they know they ought to do, most of our big problems would take care of themselves - Calvin Coolidge

“No truth is more evident to my mind than that the Christian religion must be the basis of any government intended to secure the rights and privileges of a free people… When I speak of the Christian religion as the basis of government… I mean the primitive Christianity in its simplicity as taught by Christ and His apostles, consisting of a belief in the being, perfections, and government of God; in the revelation of His will to men, as their supreme rule of action; in man’s… accountability to God for his conduct in this life; and in the indispensable obligation of all men to yield entire obedience to God’s commands in the moral law and the Gospel.”

“The foundation of all free government and all social order must be laid in families and in the discipline of youth. Young persons must not only be furnished with knowledge, but they must be accustomed to subordination and subjected to the authority and influence of good principles. It will avail little that youths are made to understand truth and correct principles, unless they are accustomed to submit to be governed by them… And any system of education… which limits instruction to the arts and sciences, and rejects the aids of religion in forming the character of citizens, is essentially defective.”

Noah Webster - “Father of American Scholarship and Education”. Writer/compiler/editor of the longest running public school textbooks and whose name is to this day synonymous with the American English Dictionary.

He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.

The first thing a person must do is assume all responsibility for everything that has happened or has failed to happen to them. Once you adopt this as your primary philosophy for governing your life, you become empowered to see that you and you alone decide your future through the choices you make. It is this philosophy that is the key to unlocking your greatest potential. By doing this you not only assume responsibility but control of everything in your life.- Matt Kroc

two variations on the same theme that I have grown to embrace as of late-

god hates us all
-slayer

god hates us
-avenged sevenfold

[quote]Mr. Chen wrote:
He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me. [/quote]
The mighty prophet does have some real gems doesn’t he? Good to see ya brother.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Mr. Chen wrote:
He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me. [/quote]
The mighty prophet does have some real gems doesn’t he? Good to see ya brother. [/quote]

Not just the words of Isaiah, but the heart of the greatest warrior of all, Jesus Christ. Isaiah shows us He has prepared Himself to go toe to toe with is adversary, even though for a time He will be at great disadvantage:

Psa 22:11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.
Psa 22:12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.
Psa 22:13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.
Psa 22:14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

Yet even though He stumbled, He did not fall. Indeed He laid Himself down for us. Ps 22:14 makes it clear He is challenged to the limit of His endurance, yet I have never found fear in His words.

People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

-General James Mattis, USMC

[quote]Mr. Chen wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Mr. Chen wrote:
The mighty prophet does have some real gems doesn’t he? Good to see ya brother. [/quote]

Not just the words of Isaiah, but the heart of the greatest warrior of all, Jesus Christ. Isaiah shows us He has prepared Himself to go toe to toe with is adversary, even though for a time He will be at great disadvantage:

Psa 22:11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.
Psa 22:12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.
Psa 22:13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.
Psa 22:14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

Yet even though He stumbled, He did not fall. Indeed He laid Himself down for us. Ps 22:14 makes it clear He is challenged to the limit of His endurance, yet I have never found fear in His words.
[/quote]
And the church said… AMEN!!!
Be on the lookout in the next day or two in your email.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

-General James Mattis, USMC[/quote]

TRUTH

A man is not a man who fails to leave the world a better place.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.” - Mark Twain[/quote]

[quote]csulli wrote:
“Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.” -Ronald Reagan[/quote]

[quote]pushharder wrote:
“The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they’re ignorant; it’s just that they know so much that isn’t so.” Ronald Reagan [/quote]

“It isn’t what we don’t know that gives us trouble, it’s what we know that ain’t so.” - Will Rogers

“It ain’t ignorance causes so much trouble; it’s folks knowing so much that ain’t so.” - Josh Billings

Hmmm.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.” - Mark Twain[/quote]

[quote]csulli wrote:
“Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.” -Ronald Reagan[/quote]

[quote]pushharder wrote:
“The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they’re ignorant; it’s just that they know so much that isn’t so.” Ronald Reagan [/quote]

“It isn’t what we don’t know that gives us trouble, it’s what we know that ain’t so.” - Will Rogers

“It ain’t ignorance causes so much trouble; it’s folks knowing so much that ain’t so.” - Josh Billings

Hmmm. [/quote]

Thats from Mark Twain

Damn it, didnt see it.

My personal favorite Clemensism:

“The difference between the right word and the almost-right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning-bug.”