T Nation

“The weak are more likely to make the strong weak than the strong are likely to make the weak strong.” - Marlene Dietrich

“Win if you can, lose if you must, but ALWAYS cheat” Jesse “The Body” Ventura

“Pain is only weakness leaving the body” - Unknown

“It’s supposed to be hard, if it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. It’s the hard that makes it great.” - Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own…

I thought the “…but always cheat” was Bobby “the Brain” Heenan

“I’d like to put a bullet in the head of every Panda that refused to mate to save its species” – Fight Club

cazzo- it could be but I think I heard “The Body” say it. Its been awhile back.

Well, since we are back at quotes; here’s mine:

“You are your own master; who else ? Subdue yourself, and discover your true master…” - Buddha

I always find it heartening and encouraging when I’m under or pulling some steel and iron that is conspiring against me with gravity.

Some people are great because they are destined, but most are great because they are determined. ~Unknown

FatSensei

Anything by SteelyEyes.

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”
Albert Einstein

“Shew me the monarch whose angry frown was ever feared like the glare of a madmans eye”
Charle Dickens,
A Madmans Manuscript, from
The Pickwick Papers

“If you have to ask, you wouldn’t understand.”
(seen on a sled pulling shirt)

“Do today what others won’t, so tomorrow you can do what others can’t”
Unknown

“On the sands of eternity bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision sat down to wait, and waiting, died”

I don’t remember who, but very motivating.

Thought I’d add a few more…

all the best,

Darren

“yesterday was the only easy day” USN/UDT

“drop your cocks, grab your socks, and greet the brand new day” USMC

“Sure I am this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us.”

Sir Winston Churchill

-also found on a wall of the BUDs “grinder” in Coronado, Ca.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

• Sun Tzu, The Art of War

“Anyone can just go in there and kill someone, but you can’t get information from a corpse.”

• SEAL motto

Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.
–Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
–Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

There are three types of people in a gym: BodyBuilders, WeightLifters, and WeightSlingers…and you can choose to be any one of them at any time.

-Ron Kosloff

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

“The best leaders do not seek power, but have power thrust upon them.” Klingon Proverb (ok, go ahead and laugh but I think it’s a good quote)

And so that you don’t lose complete respect for me…

“We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” -Albert Einstein

Pity is what the weak pray for from the strong. – Battletech