Quote Interperatation

I know there was a thread in here that had super-cool quotes, but I want a thread where quotes are analyzed and interpereted from either personal experience or through knowledge.

Quality is not an act, it is a habit
Aristotle

I think this is probably the most relevant quote I could find. I am trying to change my life at the moment, and I am doing it by adding ten habits. I have not wrote them all yet, but here they are so far…

1. Clean out my car every other day. 2. Brush my teeth TWICE A DAY. (Okay sue me, I never miss a nightly brush, but brushing in the morning makes it hard for me to drink coffee.) 3. Throw in some morning cardio. 4. Eat more meat. I know that our habits reflect who we are and I hope these habits are good choices. As far as habits I should drop… welll… maybe later.

Be sure to floss as well. Another habit worth doing, if you don’t already. Always make your bed in the morning, and change/clean your sheets regularly.

Make a habit of writing your habits down, so you don’t forget said habits, also post your habits on your door so you see them as soon as you wake/when you go to bed.

[quote]Stength4life wrote:

Quality is not an act, it is a habit
Aristotle

[/quote]

I think “perferct practice makes perfect” is of a similar interperation.

A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation. -Saki

The first 3 chapters of the Book of Genesis sums down an entire area of science into a handful of pages.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation. -Saki

The first 3 chapters of the Book of Genesis sums down an entire area of science into a handful of pages.[/quote]

Skipping the ontological argument and assuming what science shows us thus far is more or less true…

That is not ‘a little inaccuracy’.

[quote]Stength4life wrote:
I never miss a nightly brush, but brushing in the morning makes it hard for me to drink coffee.
[/quote]

And you’re a SALES ASSOCIATE? I feel sorry for your co-workers and customers.
At the very least the morning brushing would be the one to keep. So if you forget the PM brushing it’s no big deal… nobody has to smell your breath while you sleep.

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Stength4life wrote:
I never miss a nightly brush, but brushing in the morning makes it hard for me to drink coffee.

And you’re a SALES ASSOCIATE? I feel sorry for your co-workers and customers.
At the very least the morning brushing would be the one to keep. So if you forget the PM brushing it’s no big deal… nobody has to smell your breath while you sleep.

lol
[/quote]

Seriously. Damn. Skip cleaning the car if you have to, but dude, brush your teeth in the morning.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
The first 3 chapters of the Book of Genesis sums down an entire area of science into a handful of pages.[/quote]

Now THAT was funny.

I’m afraid you might be serious, though.

[quote]pookie wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
The first 3 chapters of the Book of Genesis sums down an entire area of science into a handful of pages.

Now THAT was funny.

I’m afraid you might be serious, though.
[/quote]

What do you mean?

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
Be sure to floss as well. Another habit worth doing, if you don’t already. Always make your bed in the morning, and change/clean your sheets regularly. [/quote]

I’ve actually heard that bed bugs are able to grow more rapidly when you make your bed. Something to do with the smooth sheets allowing for a better environment for the bugs.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
Malevolence wrote:
Be sure to floss as well. Another habit worth doing, if you don’t already. Always make your bed in the morning, and change/clean your sheets regularly.

I’ve actually heard that bed bugs are able to grow more rapidly when you make your bed. Something to do with the smooth sheets allowing for a better environment for the bugs.[/quote]

EVERYBODY PANIC