Quote: 25% Handle Carbs Efficiently

[quote]tw0scoops2 wrote:
I think it’s very easy…VERY easy to overeat too many carbs on a daily basis and most people don’t realize it and end up just chalking that up to being “carb intolerant”.

I started losing weight around my gut when I started realizing how many carbs I actually eat a day. Maybe there is carb intolerance for some…but all I know is, I was eating too many.[/quote]

Exactly, most people are shocked when they see what a half a cup of rice actually looks like.

Your quote:

[quote]hexx wrote:
So because CP said it, it’s a fact.

Hmm.[/quote]

My quote:

[quote]Affliction wrote:
Look, we all know Poliquin likes to speak in extremes. But many of those extremes are rooted in truths. He’s a smart guy. You could certainly do worse as a source of advice.[/quote]

Looks like you’re a fan of speaking in extremes as well.

[quote]monkey_space wrote:
plateau wrote:
I think he has stated chinese handle crabs the best because of your reasons above…

I would recommend shaving your pubic area and seeing a doctor. :slight_smile:

Christopher[/quote]

[quote]Beatnik wrote:
Ive always been curious how people measure this.

I remember one author claiming that you could get one of those finger pricking gizmo’s. Drink a very strong sugar solution then measure how long it took for your blood sugar to drop. That being that actual degree of carb “tolerance”. Though i could be completely wrong.

It wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of people are claiming to be carb intolerant without any real proof. Wouldn’t you have to be pretty lean to see how quickly you gain fat with carbs?

Maybe the carb tolerance issue is much like the over training issue. Your not carb intolerant, you just don’t work hard enough (or with enough volume) in the gym.

But i have no experience myself. Just a thought.

[/quote]

Here is a Insulin & Glucose Calculator for sensitivity. It’s off of JB’s site.

http://johnberardi.com/updates/sep272002/insulincalculator.htm