Quitting Wall Street?

Stick it out, get a few more deals under your belt, get associate level experience and bonuses. You know the learning curve is steep but you can model anything after 18 months on the job, then you need to make the pitch that the pitchbooks that are your life right now were for, and this is a HUGE entrepreneurial skill. While you are getting these skils, stack cash, dont buy into the materialism game and blow it, dont get caught up in the power machine, and make your exit with more capital and hard and soft skill experience.

Thats what I would do in a perfect world, but if you dont see your current position setting you up for what you want or being what you want, its gonna be hell on earth to work banker hours with that in the back of your mind.

[quote]ramrod63 wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:
Honestly you are given a job that leads to High pay, what on earth compels a man to quit that?[/quote]
so money is all thats important to you in life? i dont think you realize how shit working as an ibanker is if you value having a life. My friends that are in the field and recently out of school work over a 100 hours per week, usually about 110, their lives consist of working and sleeping whenever they can…[/quote]

OMG DEM POOR INVESTMENT BANKER THEY WORK SO HARD Q_Q

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]ramrod63 wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:
Honestly you are given a job that leads to High pay, what on earth compels a man to quit that?[/quote]
so money is all thats important to you in life? i dont think you realize how shit working as an ibanker is if you value having a life. My friends that are in the field and recently out of school work over a 100 hours per week, usually about 110, their lives consist of working and sleeping whenever they can…[/quote]

OMG DEM POOR INVESTMENT BANKER THEY WORK SO HARD Q_Q[/quote]

You can question their pay or their worth to society or even their clients, but that ibankers work soul crushing hours is a fact.

[quote]milktruck wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]ramrod63 wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

OMG DEM POOR INVESTMENT BANKER THEY WORK SO HARD Q_Q[/quote]

You can question their pay or their worth to society or even their clients, but that ibankers work soul crushing hours is a fact. [/quote]

So does a person starting his own business.

x3 on start on the side, leave for once it becomes more profitable than your current position.