Quit Your Job for Bodybuilding?

Happiness won’t pay the bills, however.[quote]ImSkinny wrote:
It all comes down to how much you love something and how much you love bodybuilding.

If your entire life you have worked towards Oly, and you have a serious shot at it and the only way you could come close to placing was to quit your job, I would.

If you work towards a goal for a long period of time nothing will make you happier and more complete. Life isnt about money it is about happiness.

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you will always get what you’ve always got”

Ronnie worked full time after 3 Olympia Titles.

Life puts walls in front of your goals, not to defer you from them, put to test how much you really want something.

“Hope deffered makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is the tree of life”[/quote]

This is TESTOSTERONE Nation. If your source of happiness is smack and coke, that is one thing, but you must be providing for your family AND derive happiness from your goals.

As I said. Ronnie worked full time after 3 Olympia Titles. He made money. So his happiness did pay the bills.

Brainstorm before making such bold statements.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
I would, however, rather be a pro bodybuilder than a lawyer.[/quote]

Hey!

Damn! HH is going pro. Good luck HH.

As much as I like training, and as cool as it would be to be on that level I dont think I could ditch being a firefighter for it. Id rather just be in pretty good shape and be a firefighter than in amazing shape and thats it.

Nah dude. I’m too big already. I hate bodybuilding.

I’ll bite. If I had a serious shot at a title like Mr Olympia or the big powerlifting/oly lifting titles, I would quit my job and turn my status around for marketing purposes for my business. I have enough faith in myself to believe that I would be able to make a lot of money while pursuing my dream that way. So suck it.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Would you quit your profession,[/quote]Yes![quote] such as lawyer or doctor, [/quote]no [quote] if you had a shot at a serious title (Oly)? Discuss?[/quote]

If I spent as much time, money and effort it takes to become a doctor or lawyer, it would most likely mean I liked the career choice, unless it turned out to be way different than I thought it would have.

But I’m neither of those, and would love to quit my job for pro bodybuilding if I had a chance, and could still find a way to make at least over $35,000 a year, or if my wife made over $60,000 a year herself, I could do it without any income.

[quote]SWR wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Would you quit your profession,Yes! such as lawyer or doctor, no if you had a shot at a serious title (Oly)? Discuss?

If I spent as much time, money and effort it takes to become a doctor or lawyer, it would most likely mean I liked the career choice, unless it turned out to be way different than I thought it would have.

But I’m neither of those, and would love to quit my job for pro bodybuilding if I had a chance, and could still find a way to make at least over $35,000 a year, or if my wife made over $60,000 a year herself, I could do it without any income.[/quote]

Lol. You’d be spending more than 60k a year just on bodybuilding.

[quote]limitatinfinity wrote:

[/quote]

How so?

[quote]SWR wrote:
limitatinfinity wrote:

How so?[/quote]

Food, supps, and drugs(androgens/steroids, PCT drugs, prescription anti-inflammatory, diuretics, etc…)
Then again, the circumstances of the question are unclear, so you might have access to free supps through contracts.
I guess it really depends if you’re making money with bodybuilding or not.
My point was: bodybuilding can get expensive.

Yeah, the amount of food that elite BBers have to eat is frightening, and all the pharmacuticals would be fucking crazy expensive too.

Still… If I had an honest shot and it, and that’s what it took, I’d do it. There’s nothing I want more than to be able to correct people when they address me. “Excuse me Mike, I was wond-” “THAT’S MR. OLYMPIA TO YOU, SON.”

[quote]Htowner wrote:
As much as I like training, and as cool as it would be to be on that level I dont think I could ditch being a firefighter for it. Id rather just be in pretty good shape and be a firefighter than in amazing shape and thats it.[/quote]

i like this ^ response alot.
there’s something to be said about being in great shape and still maintaining your job/career, that’s very respectable.
as opposed to being in awesome shape and that’s it, i.e. your full time job is your bbing. Just seems a bot self obsessed, shallow, less meaningful.

I work at Costco. Id quit my job for just about anything. Even if it paid me a penny more.

[quote]Ruged wrote:

[quote]Htowner wrote:
As much as I like training, and as cool as it would be to be on that level I dont think I could ditch being a firefighter for it. Id rather just be in pretty good shape and be a firefighter than in amazing shape and thats it.[/quote]

i like this ^ response alot.
there’s something to be said about being in great shape and still maintaining your job/career, that’s very respectable.
as opposed to being in awesome shape and that’s it, i.e. your full time job is your bbing. Just seems a bot self obsessed, shallow, less meaningful.[/quote]

What? Do you honestly think that if someone is able to make a career out of bodybuilding it is inherently less meaningful than other careers? That really makes no sense at all, given that all other things being equal (i.e. money), anyone would choose to do what they loved rather than something else; and around here, I would venture to guess that most people love bodybuilding.