T Nation

Quit TRT? Need Advice

I am doing TRT 2g/day 10% test cream and HCG 250 IU twice a week. Started in early Dec and stopped between Dec 27-Jan9 (out of town vacation).

I must be one of those who aromatizes quickly because the negative effects of E are the ONLY effects I’m getting at the moment. Mediocre libido, pathetic energy, motivation in the toilet, a bit of totally unjustified depression (completely out of whack with whats going on in the rest of my life), weak wood, inability to concentrate-cant do simple arithmetic in my head anymore.

All of this started AFTER I was off TRT for 2 weeks during vacation- during which I did Alpha Male and felt fine. The first 3 weeks of TRT were unremarkable but at least I wasnt turing into a woman. I started Super Miraforte last week because I suspected high E. So far I can only say that my orgasms have gotten a bit more potent:) Sorry to go there guys but medicine is a messy business, eh? Maybe that is a sign I should be hopeful about because seriously, a week or so ago I could barely get to the big O. And they wern’t that big!

To many of you this must seem old hat. If I may presume to trouble the braintrust to render an opinion: is it that I am on the right track and just need to wait out the Super Miraforte or go on an AI? Or should I just quit and hook up with Dr. Crisler in a couple months? Also, if you think I am on the right track does it make sense to reduce my test to 1g/day since I seem to be aromatizing?

Thanks for any remarks you can make.

Maybe divide the dose of T-cream into an AM and PM thing. If you aromatize quickly, maybe splitting would help.

You have just started. Your interruption may not have helped. It takes a while for tissues to respond to T and they also have to then change. Your brain also has to change and your thought patterns have to adapt.

Why were you not willing to take your TRT when traveling?

See PM

I was unwilling to take the Test with me as i left the country. I didn’t want Customs hassles in this ridiculous age of submoronic airport security.

I was feeling good when I left, felt good the entire 2 weeks I was gone, and have felt like a limp noodle since I got back. Go figure!

As to splitting the dosage I had not thought of that. When I first doubled my dosage I split it into AM and PM and then changed to strictly AM becuase I thought that more closely mimiced the endogenous cycle.

[quote]MichaelOH wrote:
I was unwilling to take the Test with me as i left the country. I didn’t want Customs hassles in this ridiculous age of submoronic airport security.

I was feeling good when I left, felt good the entire 2 weeks I was gone, and have felt like a limp noodle since I got back. Go figure!

As to splitting the dosage I had not thought of that. When I first doubled my dosage I split it into AM and PM and then changed to strictly AM becuase I thought that more closely mimiced the endogenous cycle.[/quote]

It does, but your body is unique. Dosages, timetables, and so on, are formulated around averages. The further you get from the average, the less you’ll respond like an average person.

If you aromatize at a rate seen only in the top 2% of men for ex (very quickly), then meds for the average will do you minimal good.

[quote]MichaelOH wrote:
I was unwilling to take the Test with me as i left the country. I didn’t want Customs hassles in this ridiculous age of submoronic airport security.[/quote]

FWIW I have never had problems traveling w medications in my carry on as long as I either had a copy of the prescription from my doc or my name was clearly on the pharmacy label. Think about the recent “no GEL!!!” nonsense – nobody batted an eye about my androgel because there was a prescription label.

Not to sound harsh but;

DON’T EVER TRAVEL WITHOUT YOUR MEDICATIONS. What the Hell were you thinking?

As to getting off TRT: again, what the hell are you thinking? If this particular treatment is not working properly for you, then work with your doctor to try another treatment. Trust me, it takes a while for everything to get sorted out. It is not an instanteous process.

Micheal: A post of yours over in the “In Praise of TRT+AI” makes me think that maybe your problem is that you need a higher dose of testoterone or a different method of treatment. . .the reply I posted to you over there was:

[quote]MichaelOH wrote:
I read remarks about “brain fog” in the context of a symptom of low Test. But I had very low test and no problems with concentration until I began TRT!

For example: I struggle to do simple arithmetic in my head whereas I never did before TRT. Further I am just beat all the time. The little bene’s I originally had from TRT are gone and I am left with low energy, mediocre libido, weak wood. [/quote]

Michael, what it sounds like to me is maybe your test dosage is too low. This is similar to what happened to me when I first started.

I started test level of 238.

I started on Androgel. I was getting both the testosterone from Androgel and my testicles.

Then after a few weeks, my body told my testicles to shut down, and I was only getting test from the androgel.

So then I was down to a test level of 159.

So the dosage needed adjusting. (eventually we determined that I do not absorb transdermal test so I went to the injections)

So to me it sounds like you are not getting enough testosterone . . .

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thanks all! I myself have came to the conclusion the week before last that I am aromatizing, so i ordered Super Miraforte and began taking it last week. There has been some improvement. I also reduced my dosage from 2g/day to 1 g/day as of 2 days ago. I also ordered some AI.

This forum is a tremendous resource, especially for those who do not have a Doc that is knowleadgable or available, because of the willingness of those with experience and know-how to share. LOVE YOU GUYS, MAN!

Naw jus kiddin! Thanks for everyone’s input. I’m gonna stick with it and try the AI.

Miraforte does not work for all. Works for my brother, but I am a non responder; there are a other few things that I do not absorb such as 4-AD and DHEA etc. But the point that I wanted to make was that anastrozole will cost a fraction of the costs for Miraforte and will be absolutely effective.

Miraforte at the recommended doses will cost $450/yr. For context: That is way above the costs of test cyp, hcg and AI for me. In many cases, supplements are more expensive than the real deal.

Proviron is not available in the USA as a drug. So sources will be moving this across borders. However, the product can be had and shipped from within the USA. On my wish list…

I don’t know why it would be said that if you felt great without the testosterone cream, you should have gone back to it.

My view is that most of the time, male hormone replacement therapy at least in men under 50 is the result of lazy or non-knowledgeable doctors.

If Alpha Male or Clomid or TRIBEX has you feeling and doing better than the cream, then why do the cream, particularly when doing so suppresses your LH production and therefore increases the degree of problem that had?

Or if HCG alone is sufficient, then again why the cream, especially if you feel worse on it.