Quit Smoking Cigarettes

[quote]admbaum wrote:
http://www.quitsmokingonline.com/quitsmokingnatural/threestep1.htm

are we all that much different?[/quote]

Yes, we are.

Otherwise some people would not become alcoholics while others overdose on cocaine or meth while still others are hooked on McDs.

I don’t think we are, I think some people want us to be so they can justify their inadequacies. But that’s what I think.

We’ll agree to disagree and carry on.

I have no troll feed so don’t bother.

[quote]admbaum wrote:
I don’t think we are, I think some people want us to be so they can justify their inadequacies. But that’s what I think.

We’ll agree to disagree and carry on.

I have no troll feed so don’t bother.[/quote]

But its only 1.99$ !

Cheap bastard!

I do think different people “need” their cigarettes more than others.

I mean look at chain smokers. I smoked about 15 a day, and that was what I would say I was “comfortable” smoking. Sometimes I’d have 2 in 15 minutes and the second cigarette was hard to smoke.

I also wonder if people that quit cold turkey are possibly the ones that have cravings months if not years afterward.
I mean I used the gum and found it oddly easy to quit…but I’ve heard some ex-smokers say that even though they quit, they have frequent struggles with wanting a smoke.

The only way I’d smoke again is if it came over the radio that the world was going to end soon. First thing I’d do is go to 7-11 for smokes and beer.

[quote]ethanwest wrote:

[quote]ProfessorCHAOS96 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
smoking is gross[/quote]

x2 Smoking is for weaklings[/quote]

Smoking is good for you. Reduces the risk of running[/quote]

LOL

Thanks for the replies. Didn’t realise it could be quite so bad. There was only one thing that my parents said they’d kill me for, and that was smoking. So I dodged that bullet. Hope you smokers who are looking to quit, succeed.

[quote]Nards wrote:

I mean look at chain smokers. I smoked about 15 a day, and that was what I would say I was “comfortable” smoking. Sometimes I’d have 2 in 15 minutes and the second cigarette was hard to smoke.

I also wonder if people that quit cold turkey are possibly the ones that have cravings months if not years afterward.
I mean I used the gum and found it oddly easy to quit…but I’ve heard some ex-smokers say that even though they quit, they have frequent struggles with wanting a smoke.

The only way I’d smoke again is if it came over the radio that the world was going to end soon. First thing I’d do is go to 7-11 for smokes and beer.[/quote]

My dad was a heavy chain smoker… back to back all day long. Started when he was 14-15… When he turned 40 he quick cold turkey. He would eat sunflower seeds… like a couple bags a day… after a couple years he found this sugar free mint gum that he really likes. He’s been chewing those ever sense. Like if I was to go to the shop there would be a pack of gum on his desk(hes 56 now).

He basically replaced a habit with another habit… I think when you smoke for that long mentally you just get used to having something there… Now that something is a piece of gum.

One interesting thing he mentioned last year when it came up… I absolutely can not stand second hand smoke… cigars fine etc… all good but cigarettes just kill me… he was saying that second hand smoke is finally starting to bother him a bit but that he probably will never reach the point where it really bothers him like it does me/other people because it was there for so long etc…

[quote]Amiright wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

The only way I’d smoke again is if it came over the radio that the world was going to end soon. First thing I’d do is go to 7-11 for smokes and beer.[/quote]

My dad was a heavy chain smoker… back to back all day long. Started when he was 14-15… When he turned 40 he quick cold turkey. He would eat sunflower seeds… like a couple bags a day… after a couple years he found this sugar free mint gum that he really likes. He’s been chewing those ever sense. Like if I was to go to the shop there would be a pack of gum on his desk(hes 56 now).

He basically replaced a habit with another habit… I think when you smoke for that long mentally you just get used to having something there… Now that something is a piece of gum.

One interesting thing he mentioned last year when it came up… I absolutely can not stand second hand smoke… cigars fine etc… all good but cigarettes just kill me… he was saying that second hand smoke is finally starting to bother him a bit but that he probably will never reach the point where it really bothers him like it does me/other people because it was there for so long etc… [/quote]

I replaced smoking with gum, walking and running. The running worked well because I knew if I started again I’d lose the ability to breathe easy while running.

I really like the smell of second hand smoke. Besides reminding me I want to smoke, it brings back a lot of memories.

[quote]Wilba wrote:

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:
Not having craved anything except steak, I’m interested to know just how hard it is to function/carry on if you go cold turkey. Any examples?

Could you compare it to the need to itch your balls or a mostquito bite on your knuckle? I imagine it is worse, but have no frame of reference.[/quote]

I’d compare it to the urge to rape and plunder once we pulled into port after a couple of months at sea when I was in the Navy… Raping and plundering other guys buttholes that is… cause its the Navy and all

[/quote]

AMAZING!