Quit Smoking Cigarettes

[quote]Nards wrote:

Though the money saved thing is different for different places. The website asked for my ZIP code and I guess it knows how much cigarettes cost in each ZIP code, but since I’m Canadian I used the only Zip code I know…so those are Beverly Hills prices.
[/quote]

LOL, that’s my de facto ZIP code for US stuff too!

Debra, I am very much like you when it comes to goals, I keep my mouth shut about it then if I fail, I’m the only one I have to answer to.

At work, one if the owners will pay us a weeks pay before taxes if an employee quits smoking, paid out from his personal account. It’s a nice incentive that would cover a week down south for a holiday.

I smoked for 10 years, and quit July 11, 2008. The method? I was having a cigarette on my back porch, began to cough. Coughed up some blood. Got angry. Threw rest of pack in the trash. Never smoked again.

Dixies YES!! on chewing.

DianaB i know the one guy said his wife ordered chantix, please dont do that. I hope the other guys wife was ok with it but two of my aunts took that stuff and the suicidal ideations were really really scary, they both chose to continue smoking. they are both happy people who you would never expect that, and bam they wanted to kill themselves, if it reacts badly with you the stuff will really screw you up. If i have the drugs mixed up i apologize.

[quote]Dread wrote:
I smoked for 10 years, and quit July 11, 2008. The method? I was having a cigarette on my back porch, began to cough. Coughed up some blood. Got angry. Threw rest of pack in the trash. Never smoked again.[/quote]

Please tell me you got that checked by a doctor! Blood is never a good sign.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Dread wrote:
I smoked for 10 years, and quit July 11, 2008. The method? I was having a cigarette on my back porch, began to cough. Coughed up some blood. Got angry. Threw rest of pack in the trash. Never smoked again.[/quote]

Please tell me you got that checked by a doctor! Blood is never a good sign.[/quote]

I don’t have time to bleed.

Srs note, doc found nothing. It was about a quarter teaspoon total that came out, probably much less. Nevertheless, it was enough to piss me off just right.

[quote]fighting_fires wrote:
Dixies YES!! on chewing.

DianaB i know the one guy said his wife ordered chantix, please dont do that. I hope the other guys wife was ok with it but two of my aunts took that stuff and the suicidal ideations were really really scary, they both chose to continue smoking. they are both happy people who you would never expect that, and bam they wanted to kill themselves, if it reacts badly with you the stuff will really screw you up. If i have the drugs mixed up i apologize. [/quote]

Is chantix like zyban at all? I tried zyban years ago and it turned me into a bawling mess. It was frightening and I wouldn’t touch anything like that ever again.

[quote]ethanwest wrote:
Irregardless, …[/quote]

NO! You stop that. Cut that shit out right now!

I quit dippin’ 2 days ago, and I’m trying nicotine gum, I only use it when I feel like eating walmart’s food section. I would suggest it, it really takes the edge off.

[quote]Mad HORSE wrote:

[quote]ethanwest wrote:
Irregardless, …[/quote]

NO! You stop that. Cut that shit out right now![/quote]

Yeah, everyone knows it’s unregardless

I believe it’s deregardingly.

Not having craved anything except steak, I’m interested to know just how hard it is to function/carry on if you go cold turkey. Any examples?

Could you compare it to the need to itch your balls or a mostquito bite on your knuckle? I imagine it is worse, but have no frame of reference.

[quote]debraD wrote:

Dixies YES!! on chewing.

DianaB i know the one guy said his wife ordered chantix, please dont do that. I hope the other guys wife was ok with it but two of my aunts took that stuff and the suicidal ideations were really really scary, they both chose to continue smoking. they are both happy people who you would never expect that, and bam they wanted to kill themselves, if it reacts badly with you the stuff will really screw you up. If i have the drugs mixed up i apologize. [/quote]

Is chantix like zyban at all? I tried zyban years ago and it turned me into a bawling mess. It was frightening and I wouldn’t touch anything like that ever again.
[/quote]

I think they’re the same type of drug but not sure about the side effects. My wife had some crazy dreams while taking Chantix but never wanted to kill herself. She frequently wants to kill me but that’s not related to smoking or Chantix.

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:
Not having craved anything except steak, I’m interested to know just how hard it is to function/carry on if you go cold turkey. Any examples?

Could you compare it to the need to itch your balls or a mostquito bite on your knuckle? I imagine it is worse, but have no frame of reference.[/quote]

I’d compare it to the urge to rape and plunder once we pulled into port after a couple of months at sea when I was in the Navy.

[quote]Wilba wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

Dixies YES!! on chewing.

[/quote]

I think they’re the same type of drug but not sure about the side effects. My wife had some crazy dreams while taking Chantix but never wanted to kill herself. She frequently wants to kill me but that’s not related to smoking or Chantix.[/quote]

Not the same drug, Zyban is Welbutrin, Chantix is its own drug. Welbutrin/Zyban of course is a anti-depressant during clinical trials they noticed that many of the patients quit smoking while on Welbutrin/Zyban. So the drug company went after that as a smoking cessation drug. Chantix actually hits the neurotransmitter of the brain that is activated when smoking. When I was working family practice I prescribed a ton of Chantix and had about 90% success rate. However I only prescribed it to people who had tried numerous other things and were basically desperate. In my opinion you have to want to quit, not what other people in your life want you to do.

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

Could you compare it to the need to itch your balls or a mostquito bite on your knuckle? I imagine it is worse, but have no frame of reference.[/quote]

If you’ve never smoked, you’ll never know. It’s worse than any of those though.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I believe it’s deregardingly.[/quote]

LOL, Nards you are a trip

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

Its like dying of thirst.

I’m 7 weeks into quitting my 16 year habit and I feel fantastic. I gained 20#'s and my lifts have gone up.

I didnt use will power, electric gadgets, patches, or anything else. I made a very simple choice to stop poisoning myself. I quit inhaling the first half of a smoke, then 3 days of puffing the whole thing like a cigar, then none at all. Its a hell of a lot easier than people make it out to be.

[quote]admbaum wrote:
I’m 7 weeks into quitting my 16 year habit and I feel fantastic. I gained 20#'s and my lifts have gone up.

I didnt use will power, electric gadgets, patches, or anything else. I made a very simple choice to stop poisoning myself. I quit inhaling the first half of a smoke, then 3 days of puffing the whole thing like a cigar, then none at all. Its a hell of a lot easier than people make it out to be. [/quote]

Unless you know how the brain chemistry of every ex-smoker actually feels like from the inside, how would you know?

http://www.quitsmokingonline.com/quitsmokingnatural/threestep1.htm

are we all that much different?