Quit Drinking All That Water!

I also want to say that we should be more worried about chlorine than fluoride, and most commercially available filters remove chlorine and improve water taste. I use a Brita pitcher, personally.

alright, thx

Interesting read of an article written by a Public Health Official regarding his change of mind about fluoride and why he is now against fluoridated water:
http://www.fluoride-journal.com/98-31-2/312103.htm

excerpt:
<<I did not carry out the instruction to tell people that teeth were better in the fluoridated areas. Instead, I wrote to my American colleagues and asked them for the results of the large-scale surveys they had carried out there. I did not receive an answer. Some years later, Dr John Yiamouyiannis obtained the results by then collected by resorting to the U.S. Freedom of Information Act, which compelled the authorities to release them.

The surveys showed that there is little or no differences in tooth decay rates between fluoridated and nonfluoridated places throughout America [7]. Another publication using the same database, apparently intended to counter that finding, reported that when a more precise measurement of decay was used, a small benefit from fluoridation was shown (20 percent fewer decayed tooth surfaces, which is really less than one cavity per child) [8].

Serious errors in that report, acknowledged but not corrected, have been pointed out, including a lack of statistical analysis and a failure to report the percentages of decay-free children in the fluoridated and nonfluoridated areas [7].

This appears to be Dr. Douglass’ website. Correct me if I am wrong:

http://www.douglassreport.com/

[quote]RhunDraco wrote:
I also want to say that we should be more worried about chlorine than fluoride, and most commercially available filters remove chlorine and improve water taste. I use a Brita pitcher, personally.[/quote]

I agree.

[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
great, now we can finally drop that stinkin water. i’m helping myself to a dark beer right now. [/quote]

Exactly. Fuck water, it tastes terrible. Drink beer daily (in moderation) and a gallon of Surge-enhanced milk if you are thirsty.

Spot on, as usual, Klip!

[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
I’m very sceptical of just about everything. If someone tells you to live like a Buddhist monk, I question that. I love a good steak and huge omelets, and feel better eating like that. I hate drinking water. I love bacon, steroids, and hate running.

I do TKD for fitness, so I guess I do SOME aerobic shit though.

I see you were equally sceptical towards the scrawny n00b idiot image of TKD…

Strangely nough, just recently I started hating martial arts, while before I was obsessed with them. O well, more time for more interesting projects…[/quote]

I found that you have to add in another art to keep it interesting, something realistic, like Kina Mutai.

And yeah, a lot of TKD guys are scrawny fuckers. Great candidates for the Ax Kick.

What a fucking hack! A grain or two of truth in there for some things, sure. But fucking come on. I hope he loses his medical license.

It’s a strange world when people are so inundated with hyperbolic fear mongering that they become afraid of doing something good.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
What a fucking hack! A grain or two of truth in there for some things, sure. But fucking come on. I hope he loses his medical license. [/quote]

Exactly my thoughts. He uses extremes to justify his position… Like drinking water will dilute your sodium levels and cause you to have a stroke - he doesnt mention that this would take gallons of water in a relatively short amount of time. Steak and eggs are fine, but when you eat them the way most people do, with a side of bread, potatoes, dessert, wine, it adds up to bad news.

His buddy that got “lean and mean” off of just eating eggs for 4 months or whatever it was would have lost weigh eating ANY small amount of calories for that long.

Also, water is contained in so many things that it isnt necessary to drink it alone. He makes it sound like you dont need to consume water period.

I think he goes to extremes to make his point — we are so media hyped and so duped, that we have lost our knowledge of what real food is. Why gag down tasteless water when you could drink beer or milk? Then, after millions of years of evolution, now all of a sudden fat is bad for you? Why do people who ignore their blood pressure and enjoy a BLT live longer than those who starve and take meds? Cholesterol is perfectly natural in your body — now its the demon seed from hell?

Why are Americans fat if our consumption of butter and beef (NOT McDonald-shit) are way down?

We are being bred like fatted cattle, happily consuming all the processed garbage that large corporations spew out.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Interesting that our consumption of real butter, eggs, meat, are down over the past century, yet cancer, heart disease, and all that are up.

I know comparing people in 1900 is impossible with people of today (so many variables), but it is interesting.

Why are Americans fat if our consumption of butter and beef (NOT McDonald-shit) are way down?
[/quote]

to the first statement:
…thats because those “real” butter, eggs, and meat that you are talking about have been treated with pesticides and shit like that, so “real” food is not really readily available and it actually costs more to buy it naturally. if all food was organic, the consumption of real butter, eggs, and meat would obviously be back up just like 100 years ago because that would be the only thing available. its not that people aren’t eating butter, eggs, meat etc. its just that they aren’t eating the real thing.

oh…and water is good. period.

mcdonalds statement: because they ARE eating the mcdonalds shit. lol

I’ve always bought bottled water, and always will.

I’d rather spend my cash on quality nutrition than all the other stuff people are buying for the sake of “buying stuff.”

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Why gag down tasteless water when you could drink beer or milk?
[/quote]

Don’t know if you are being sarcastic, but as I’m sure you’re aware, lactose tolerance is a rare trait among the world population. Milk is meant for infants. As for beer, well, I don’t really need to make a comment about alcohol on this particular forum.

I agree on all other points.

And please note that this guy is SELLING SOMETHING.

If you don’t want flouride in your water, simply install a reverse osmosis water system in your house/apartment and then run it through a mineralizing filter. Easy & relatively cheap.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Interesting that our consumption of real butter, eggs, meat, are down over the past century, yet cancer, heart disease, and all that are up.

I know comparing people in 1900 is impossible with people of today (so many variables), but it is interesting.

[/quote]

Actually, part of the reason is because most cancers take years if not decades to develop. So many of the cancer rates you are seeing today are from poor health choices made by previous generations.

I would be very skeptical of this site for one big reason. It is set up in the same way that a lot of over hyped martial arts sites are. The big bold heading “How I learned to kill six hundred men with my thumb” followed by catchy pumped up crap. I’m not saying he is wrong, but when a site uses the same format as many other scam sites, I have to put on my extra skeptical glasses.

My second point would be, if he is so certain of all this, why is he hawking his shit on the Internet instead of publishing in a journal? If he actually had any proof what so ever he could publish and be both rich and famous.

Anyway, I’m going to grab a beer, finish off some pop tarts, and see what else I can find on water causing renal failure.

[quote]Burn wrote:
I’ve always bought bottled water, and always will.

I’d rather spend my cash on quality nutrition than all the other stuff people are buying for the sake of “buying stuff.”[/quote]

While you are right to spend your cash on quality nutrition, are you sure that bottled water is not just a scam? Much of the bottled water is just tap water in a nice looking bottle and is often less tested for impurities than the tap water you get at home.

Quality products are usually more expensive. However, more expensive products are not always quality ones.

Most Whole Foods offer reverse-osmosis water. You take your water jug and fill it up. I believe it’s around 69 cents a gallon, which isn’t too bad. Better might be to get your own reverse osmosis filter for your home.

[quote]Flop Hat wrote:
My second point would be, if he is so certain of all this, why is he hawking his shit on the Internet instead of publishing in a journal? If he actually had any proof what so ever he could publish and be both rich and famous.
[/quote]

Your suspicions MIGHT be right. I don’t know, I am not familiar with this guy. On the other hand, let’s face it. A lot of these journals have editorial boards that are spoon-fed by BIG Pharma etc and any maverick isn’t going to get his stuff published, no matter how good his thinking or studies are.

Thank goodness there are some populist doctors out there that take their instruction directly to the masses. As long as they are putting information out there that TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITY has been verified as accurate, I got no problems with them making money from it.