T Nation

'Quiet' Alarm Clock?

Does anyone know if there is a type of alarm clock that can wake you up without disturbing your bed mate?

My wife is an extremely light sleeper and I am the complete opposite, but my schedule will soon demand that I wake up 2 hours before her. A regular alarm can go off for a minute or more before it wakes me, regardless of volume. Right now she wakes up an hour before me and her alarm almost never disturbs me.

flashing light alarm clock? vibration alarm clock? i have no experience with either though.

Maybe there are vibrating thingies you can put on your wrist?

And lo and behold there iseth:

Fuck me, I love capitalism.

I remember seeing in someone’s log that they had a clock that gets brighter over a certain period of time. Eases you awake rather than jolting.

Bigger house

Seperate bedroom

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Bigger house

Seperate bedroom[/quote]
x2

[quote]orion wrote:
Maybe there are vibrating thingies you can put on your wrist?

[/quote]

Or maybe one could put the vibrating thingy on something else…

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Bigger house

Seperate bedroom[/quote]

Right now when I have to get up extra early that’s what I do. But this is going to be an everyday thing, and that is not an acceptable alternative if there are other options.

She would rather have me in the sack with her than avoid being woken up.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Bigger house

Seperate bedroom[/quote]

Right now when I have to get up extra early that’s what I do. But this is going to be an everyday thing, and that is not an acceptable alternative if there are other options.

She would rather have me in the sack with her than avoid being woken up.[/quote]

Why cant she wear ear plugs?

[quote]orion wrote:
Maybe there are vibrating thingies you can put on your wrist?

And lo and behold there iseth:

Fuck me, I love capitalism.[/quote]

That’s awesome. I will give it a try to see if it does the trick. Thanks.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Bigger house

Seperate bedroom[/quote]

Right now when I have to get up extra early that’s what I do. But this is going to be an everyday thing, and that is not an acceptable alternative if there are other options.

She would rather have me in the sack with her than avoid being woken up.[/quote]

Why cant she wear ear plugs?[/quote]

She already does because of my snoring LOL. She still hears the alarm way before I do. Yeah, it’s that bad.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Bigger house

Seperate bedroom[/quote]

Right now when I have to get up extra early that’s what I do. But this is going to be an everyday thing, and that is not an acceptable alternative if there are other options.

She would rather have me in the sack with her than avoid being woken up.[/quote]

Why cant she wear ear plugs?[/quote]

She already does because of my snoring LOL. She still hears the alarm way before I do. Yeah, it’s that bad.[/quote]

Damn that sucks, mine has the same problem with my clock.

What we do now is both get up at 4:15 and hit the gym together.

I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 that I use as my alarm clock because I travel so much. It has this “three minutes prior” setting that offers this gentle little warming Tibetan Monestary deep chyme thing that eases me awake better than any clock I’ve ever used before.

And the wife never hears it when I actually get to sleep in my own bed.

I’ve had every sort of clock too. My last phone was a blackberry and that alarm was gentle waves with the light dinging of a bouy bell that transformed into the aggressive honk of a tugboat as if it were about to collide with your eardrum.

It was a horror movie, and caused me to read Moby Dick and Masturbate too much, which made me stay up late, which made me sleep longer through the alarm only to catch a more agressive tug boat horn ear beating the following morning. Quite the horrible cycle if I do say so myself.

In short, Get the GS 3 or equivalent. It’s not a Tugboat earbeating.

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
Maybe there are vibrating thingies you can put on your wrist?

[/quote]

Or maybe one could put the vibrating thingy on something else…[/quote]

Vibrating buttplug, it really is the only way.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
Maybe there are vibrating thingies you can put on your wrist?

[/quote]

Or maybe one could put the vibrating thingy on something else…[/quote]

Vibrating buttplug, it really is the only way.[/quote]

If I weren’t at the office, I’d be googling “vibrating buttplug alarm” right now.

[quote]StateOfPsychosis wrote:
I remember seeing in someone’s log that they had a clock that gets brighter over a certain period of time. Eases you awake rather than jolting. [/quote]

I used to have one of these. I forget the manufacturer, but it worked extremely well. The waking effect was like a gradual sunrise and you always woke rested.

I was engaged in some coital horseplay in the bedroom and broke the damned thing. Wish I still had it.

I have this

I didn’t look into if it’s the exact one but it’s called the lark alarm. Works really fucking well. I wake up at 4am for morning training so I don’t want to wake my girl or rile my Akita.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 that I use as my alarm clock because I travel so much. It has this “three minutes prior” setting that offers this gentle little warming Tibetan Monestary deep chyme thing that eases me awake better than any clock I’ve ever used before.

And the wife never hears it when I actually get to sleep in my own bed.

I’ve had every sort of clock too. My last phone was a blackberry and that alarm was gentle waves with the light dinging of a bouy bell that transformed into the aggressive honk of a tugboat as if it were about to collide with your eardrum.

It was a horror movie, and caused me to read Moby Dick and Masturbate too much, which made me stay up late, which made me sleep longer through the alarm only to catch a more agressive tug boat horn ear beating the following morning. Quite the horrible cycle if I do say so myself.

In short, Get the GS 3 or equivalent. It’s not a Tugboat earbeating. [/quote]

LOL, that’s hilarious.

DRUNK HULK SAY: LET WIFE SLEEP AT MY HOUSE

Seem to remember hearing something about an alarm inside your pillow so theoretically only you can hear it. Don’t know what it’s called or if it works, so not much help I guess.