Quickest Workout EVER

[quote]giterdone wrote:
ryanw2007 wrote:
that also means that if u didnt warm up at all which i hope u did u did everything in 40 secs per set and that is counting rest and during set… retarded if u ask me… u did absolutely nothing for ur body. count that as a waste of 15 mins in ur life

if u dont use real words, then u come across as a know-it-all punk and u r wasting ur time posting. no 1 will give a shit wat u say.

Just something to think about.[/quote]

U askin’ him to think? U r askin’ to much f4om him dude!

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
I did 4 sets of weighted pullups, 3 sets of BB rows, 2 sets of heavy rack pulls, and 1 set of db curls. All told it took me 15 minutes from first rep to last rep. I never really do anything like this, so it was fun to try. I usually rest anywhere from 2-3 minutes between sets, so I was ready to curl up and die afterward. [/quote]

Damn, that’s pretty much the same as my normal back routine, except that I do DB rows instead of BB rows, but it takes me about 40-45 minutes to finish. Am I resting for too long?

im glad that is what you think guys lol… 15 min work out no matter who u are sounds like a waste of time to me… go beat your meat or something u will prob have a better work out

[quote]Vegg wrote:
ryanw2007 wrote:
are u trying to cut or get an aerobic work out in? your volume is way to low i mean 1 set of curls that will do nothing for u…

Why? My arms grew almost 3 inches in 5 months and I only work up to one top set. (Although with two curl variations.)

Intensity > Volume IMO[/quote]

how big were ur arms 10 inches grats bro u got 13in arms now

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
im glad that is what you think guys lol… 15 min work out no matter who u are sounds like a waste of time to me… go beat your meat or something u will prob have a better work out[/quote]

Really, so what the do you think about anaerobic conditioning routines that are, say, 10 to 15 minutes? Waste of time? Think you can do one?

And for Christ’s sake, write like an adult, not like a teenager texting on AIM. You might compete in a silly fucking bikini and think you are the shit when it comes to training, but you seriously need to stop with the ‘u r like l33t’ writing style. It is cute in giggling little texting girls, pretty dumb in an adult man.

Even if you might had something valid to say, you end up looking pretty fucking retarded.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
im glad that is what you think guys lol… 15 min work out no matter who u are sounds like a waste of time to me… go beat your meat or something u will prob have a better work out[/quote]

You are a fucking IDIOT.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
Vegg wrote:
ryanw2007 wrote:
are u trying to cut or get an aerobic work out in? your volume is way to low i mean 1 set of curls that will do nothing for u…

Why? My arms grew almost 3 inches in 5 months and I only work up to one top set. (Although with two curl variations.)

Intensity > Volume IMO

how big were ur arms 10 inches grats bro u got 13in arms now[/quote]

Man, what a dogmatic, closed-minded individual you are.
Some of my most focused and productive workouts were under 20 minutes.
Quality, not quantity.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
Vegg wrote:
ryanw2007 wrote:

Intensity > Volume IMO

Did you come from bodybuilding.com?

Sarcasm aside, this is a prime example of people who do some shit and works for them FOR WHAT THEY ARE TRAINING FOR.

And then they let their momentary success and moment of glory cloud their freaking judgment. They can’t even imagine other people training for other purposes. And what worse, they become too goddamn arrogant to even contemplate how fucking ignorant they are.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
ryanw2007 wrote:
Vegg wrote:
ryanw2007 wrote:

Intensity > Volume IMO

Did you come from Bodybuilding.com - Huge Online Supplement Store & Fitness Community!

yea i am from bodybuilding.com i guess… i rarely post though… but i am not trying to be arrogant or childish and just because i like to shorten my words doesnt mean u gotta cry about it. so when i use db for dumbbell or bb for barbell im childish too interesting. i know intensity is greater then volume but volume does play a key role in size. doesnt mean u go and do 10 sets of each exercise yes i know but it does mean u gotta at least put in two exercises for a single bodypart. there actually was a study done showing that the old school way of 1 set per bodypart can actually decrease your muscle size.

so u say muscle size isnt his goal its strength. well guess what strength takes more than one set too. oh its not for strength either??? hmm maybe he is trying to get his metabolism up… ok get more muscle mass by doing more sets to get the size or u can do cardio. when i do high intensity circuit training for leaning out preshow my work outs last no shorter than 30 mins no longer than 45 mins. to mention i only lost 5 pounds of muscle throguh the entire cut phase which i find pretty damn good correct me if i am wrong… and to top it off your writing in a bodybuilding section what else do i think ur on here for???

Makes sense. Similarly, I’ve made great gains doing 3-5 super sets of (heavy) weighted pull ups, weighted dips, deads & squats - abs at the end if you’re up for it. 8-10 reps/3-5 supersets (when you can do 5 supersets - change programs). If you can do this workout 3 times per week, you don’t have enough plates hanging from your belt or on the bar. Also, if you can finish 5 supersets in the beginning, you don’t have enough plates hanging from your belt or on the bar.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:

Nope, actually I went from 14 to 16.75. I’m hoping to get to 18+ after I’m done dieting.

And yes live, damn those octopus stretchmarks… I think they’re actually starting to fade though.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
Vegg wrote:
ryanw2007 wrote:

Intensity > Volume IMO

well dude you dont have to do this workout, and dont you have something better to do like inject some d-bol or pop some andron or an insulin boost?

i would kinda hate to only do a 15 minute work personally, cuz i enjoy working out. te least ill do is 45 min.

and if you really want a good workout vegg, to GVT training, i did it with t-bar rows, it pumped my arms. i did it with legs, 2 days later it still hurts to get on the shitter

To the OP how long were you resting between sets?

I was originally thinking it must have been really low but I guess if each set was about 30 seconds that’s 1min. rest per set which isn’t bad at all depending on what your trying to do

Due to the fact that i can’t stand running on a treadmill staring at a blank wall my cardio workouts usually take 15-20min and consist of approx 100 pullups 200 pushups and 300 bodyweight squats, if anyone can make it through this in 15min and say short workouts are a waste of time they should be shot!

[quote]brauny96 wrote:
ryanw2007 wrote:
Vegg wrote:
ryanw2007 wrote:

Intensity > Volume IMO

well dude you dont have to do this workout, and dont you have something better to do like inject some d-bol or pop some andron or an insulin boost?

i would kinda hate to only do a 15 minute work personally, cuz i enjoy working out. te least ill do is 45 min.

and if you really want a good workout vegg, to GVT training, i did it with t-bar rows, it pumped my arms. i did it with legs, 2 days later it still hurts to get on the shitter

[/quote]

I agree. After reading the GVT Revisted Article, I’ve started doing GVT Bench and GVT Deads two days later. Feel like I’m starting to see some results visibly after only three weeks.

To the OP, cool that you’re trying something different. Glad it’s working for you. I like to do that every once in a while too, it’s good to do something different and fun when you start to stagnate. However, it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to have 15 minute workouts every time you hit the gym, but if it’s something you do every couple of weeks, best of luck to you.

-CJ

Ok ryanw2007, I will attempt to explain what the hell is happening here, with the hope, however remote, that you have some traces of human intelligence.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
yea i am from bodybuilding.com i guess… i rarely post though…[/quote]

Please keep it like that.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
but i am not trying to be arrogant or childish[/quote]

So how do you call telling someone that they just wasted 15 minutes of their time without even knowing their training purposes?

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
and just because i like to shorten my words doesnt mean u gotta cry about it.[/quote]

It’s not just shortening the words. It’s your complete incapacity of writing beyond the skills of a C- high school student that is completely unacceptable for someone trying to provide criticism.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
so when i use db for dumbbell or bb for barbell im childish too interesting.
[/quote]

Red herring + strawman. And that was one hell of a run-on sentence.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
i know intensity is greater then volume but volume does play a key role in size. [/quote]

Red Herring + non sequitur. This comment is only valid if the OP’s intended goals involve sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
doesnt mean u go and do 10 sets of each exercise yes i know but it does mean u gotta at least put in two exercises for a single bodypart. [/quote]

For what purpose? For your training purposes, certainly. But not for all. You suck at logic dude.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
there actually was a study done showing that the old school way of 1 set per bodypart can actually decrease your muscle size. [/quote]

Weasel words + non sequitur. Again, the OP’s intended goal behind the exercise wasn’t size. Logic fail ftw.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
so u say muscle size isnt his goal its strength. [/quote]

Nobody has said that. You are building a strawman fallacy so that you can argue about it. Instead, stick to the issues at hand.

Furthermore, please answer my previous question about your opinion about short circuits for anaerobic conditioning.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
well guess what strength takes more than one set too. [/quote]

Non sequitur. Have you asked the OP why he did it?

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
oh its not for strength either??? [/quote]

Maybe, maybe not. And that’s the point. You don’t fucking know. Ergo, your retarded criticism was unwarranted, illogical and out of place.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
hmm maybe he is trying to get his metabolism up… ok get more muscle mass by doing more sets to get the size or u can do cardio. [/quote]

Since when increasing muscle is a requirement to increase metabolism? If I want stay at a particular weight class, say, for wrestling, why would I want to increase my size when looking to increase my conditioning?

Again, please answer my question regarding short circuits for conditioning.

Also, if he could do cardio, he’s not limited to use a treadmill. He could very well use weights for high reps and/or in combination with HIIT or plyometrics.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
when i do high intensity circuit training for leaning out preshow my work outs last no shorter than 30 mins no longer than 45 mins. [/quote]

So? Who cares? What does your personal experience when it comes to leaning out for a bodybuilding contest has to do with the goals of other people’s training in general, and on short training circuits in particular?

You still don’t know what the OP’s intentions where. You didn’t even had the decency to ask before throwing shit at him.

That. Is. The. Crux. Of. The. Matter.

Do. You. Get. That?

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
to mention i only lost 5 pounds of muscle throguh the entire cut phase which i find pretty damn good
[/quote]

Of course it’s pretty damn good. And congratulations to you. But what the fuck does this has to do with the OP’s intentions.

You are trying to lecture people on shit without knowing what the fuck they are doing.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
correct me if i am wrong…
[/quote]

You are not wrong in YOUR training for YOUR goals. You are pretty fucking wrong in believing everybody trains like you, for the things you care.

You are not the apex of training. You do not epitomize the essence of training. Your goals are not the alpha and omega. Give that kind of lecture to people who seek it, for goals compatible to yours.

It might come as a surprise to you, but a lot of people that might be a lot stronger or with better conditioning that you IN OTHER AREAS OF TRAINING might not give a shit about what you do or what you stand for.

With your antics and poorly composed posts, you are being an embarrassment to bodybuilders. Fortunately, I’d dare to say most bodybuilders aren’t like you and know how to provide criticism IN THE APPROPRIATE TRAINING CONTEXT.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
and to top it off your writing in a bodybuilding section what else do i think ur on here for???[/quote]

On top of it, it’s not “your”. It’s “you are” or “you’re”. What? Did you finish HS? Didn’t they teach you basic English grammar?

Second, I hate to tell you this. This might be a bodybuilding site, but guess fucking what? Check the editorials. They range on all topics of fitness, bodybuilding and otherwise. Power lifting, combat sports, crossfit, bodybuilding, figure/fitness, (Olympic) weightlifting, rehab and injury prevention, you name it.

Unlike you, most posters don’t pigeon hole their heads into little, nicely cut black and white, mutually exclusive training topics.

People read the editorials, articles and forum threads and freely borrow ideas between training disciplines.

I know the concept might be terrifying and confusing to you, but truly, progressive thinking is really cool and good.

Now consider this. Let’s assume just for shits and giggles that indeed the OP is

1. a bodybuilder, and
  2. he’s training for size and leanness as needed for competition.

Imagine if you will, one of those days (or weeks) that shit really doesn’t work as planned, and you only have a brief time, say less than 30 minutes to go in, work out, take a shower and go to work.

In such a situation, it calls for things like what the OP did, for motivation, for mental training, to break monotony. Hell, even to avoid depression. This is a fact. A fact of science, and a fact of life.

Given that you still continue to talk shit without having the the decency to ask the OP the purpose of his training in general, and of this short workout in particular, I leave you with the point previously made for you to think (if you are capable of mental thought.)

And here I give up trying to explain this any further. If you don’t get this, then the following image will do you justice:

[photo]21609[/photo]

BTW, don’t bother replying back until you answer my question regarding short circuits for anaerobic conditioning.

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
how big were ur arms 10 inches grats bro u got 13in arms now [/quote]

By the way, that was pretty weak shit to say. I would expect a superficial no-good-for-nothing woman to note and make kitty-kat snappy comments about another person’s look. I would not expect that from a man.

Leave your man card on the door as you think about that.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
ryanw2007 wrote:
that also means that if u didnt warm up at all which i hope u did u did everything in 40 secs per set and that is counting rest and during set… retarded if u ask me… u did absolutely nothing for ur body. count that as a waste of 15 mins in ur life

Took 9 whole posts to identify yourself (urself?) as a cocksucker.

Probably didn’t even warm up for that did you.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly

[quote]ryanw2007 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
ryanw2007 wrote:
Vegg wrote:
ryanw2007 wrote:

Intensity > Volume IMO

Did you come from bodybuilding.com?

yea i am from bodybuilding.com i guess… i rarely post though… but i am not trying to be arrogant or childish and just because i like to shorten my words doesnt mean u gotta cry about it. so when i use db for dumbbell or bb for barbell im childish too interesting. i know intensity is greater then volume but volume does play a key role in size. doesnt mean u go and do 10 sets of each exercise yes i know but it does mean u gotta at least put in two exercises for a single bodypart. there actually was a study done showing that the old school way of 1 set per bodypart can actually decrease your muscle size.

so u say muscle size isnt his goal its strength. well guess what strength takes more than one set too. oh its not for strength either??? hmm maybe he is trying to get his metabolism up… ok get more muscle mass by doing more sets to get the size or u can do cardio. when i do high intensity circuit training for leaning out preshow my work outs last no shorter than 30 mins no longer than 45 mins. to mention i only lost 5 pounds of muscle throguh the entire cut phase which i find pretty damn good correct me if i am wrong… and to top it off your writing in a bodybuilding section what else do i think ur on here for???[/quote]

Try a tabata workout, 4 minutes and you’ll be crying like a pussy

Oh and the weighted pullups and bb rows did nothing at all for AccipiterQ’s biceps. I forgot those ONLY isolate the back, no arm involvement at all. btw that’s sarcasm