Quickest Way to Gain Strength?

is “steroids” just a bad influence though

Lol, I’ve never used steroids, but he did ask “What is the quickest way to gain strength?” And objectively, the answer is test and tren. Perhaps what he is really looking for is the second quickest way to gain strength.

[quote]osu122975 wrote:

Verification of my program[/quote]

That’s what I’ve always done. Written loosely as work up to max as it’s only for me and I know what it means. I did take notice of what you said, don’t worry :slight_smile:

If you’ve always done it that way, you should be getting stronger and not asking for advice on strength programs. If you are doing that program as you say, then you aren’t eating enough.

If you don’t want to gain a ton of body weight to get stronger, focus on being explosive w/ singles in the 80%+ range and focus on technique on the main lifts.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Lol, I’ve never used steroids, but he did ask “What is the quickest way to gain strength?” And objectively, the answer is test and tren. Perhaps what he is really looking for is the second quickest way to gain strength.[/quote]
I will not judge you, ha ha.

If all you care about is getting better at the 3 lifts then do them religiously and gain weight. Do the 3 lifts heavy as main movement, do them as rep work for assistance(gasp no reverse band box squats?!?!?). Pressing is good to hit the rear delts and balence out alot of benching, rowing is good for backwork since deadlifting more then once a week is taxing. Just by focusing hard core on the lifts I hit 1170 at a meet in 6 months of training, then a few lbs shy of 1500 at 2 year mark in 2nd meet. Ive only recently starting “teching” and just finished 1st cycle.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Lol, I’ve never used steroids, but he did ask “What is the quickest way to gain strength?” And objectively, the answer is test and tren. Perhaps what he is really looking for is the second quickest way to gain strength.[/quote]

Second fastest way = get fatter. No joke. So maybe he really wants the third fastest way.

[quote]mkral55 wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

Second fastest way = get fatter. No joke. So maybe he really wants the third fastest way.[/quote]

Getting fat doesnt make a raw lifter stronger. But eating your ass off and having good recovery from a caloric surplus will. Eating in a huge surplus can make you fat tho, so getting fat is a side effect of staying in a surplus without strict diet.

[quote]PowerBear wrote:
Getting fat doesnt make a raw lifter stronger. But eating your ass off and having good recovery from a caloric surplus will. Eating in a huge surplus can make you fat tho, so getting fat is a side effect of staying in a surplus without strict diet. [/quote]

I will say that getting fat will allow you to lift heavier weights. However, It is definitely up for debate on if we can consider it actually getting stronger though, compared to simply having better leverages and more mass to move mass with.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]PowerBear wrote:
Getting fat doesnt make a raw lifter stronger. But eating your ass off and having good recovery from a caloric surplus will. Eating in a huge surplus can make you fat tho, so getting fat is a side effect of staying in a surplus without strict diet. [/quote]

I will say that getting fat will allow you to lift heavier weights. However, It is definitely up for debate on if we can consider it actually getting stronger though, compared to simply having better leverages and more mass to move mass with.[/quote]

Yeah the mass moves mass thing is true, but added mass will only make a strong person stronger, not make a a weak person strong. Big fat slobs are good at pushing ppl around because they are backed by weight, when it comes to actually lifting something or performing a feat of strength its a different story. Being super husky also kills your deadlift leverage so it evens out the other lifts.

[quote]PowerBear wrote:
Yeah the mass moves mass thing is true, but added mass will only make a strong person stronger, not make a a weak person strong. Big fat slobs are good at pushing ppl around because they are backed by weight, when it comes to actually lifting something or performing a feat of strength its a different story. Being super husky also kills your deadlift leverage so it evens out the other lifts.[/quote]

Evens out on the powerlifts, definitely, although some argue the added mass also helps with the squat. Being able to squish a big gut against big thighs can get a sick rebound, haha.

The ability to push people around can extend to a few other feats of strength as well, mainly pushing objects as well a people. Can be useful with some strongman stuff.

Follow the template OSU laid out and check back in here in 6 months.

Every day you spend picking and debating a program is a day you’ve lost training and gaining experience.

Update. Followed my program but have changed Monday and Friday as Max effort and Tuesday and Thursday as 60-70% effort days. AS of this week PBs are:
Bench - 130kg (pause at bottom)
Rows - 125kgx3
OHP - 90kg
Squat - 122.5kg
Deadlift - 165kgx3
Deadhang Pull-Ups (with a 2 second pause at bottom) - 13

OP, you dramatically need to bring your legs strength up to par…google “Nemesis squat program” and give it a try.

I can’t remember the template you’re following right now, and in no way I want you to change it…just start every work out with the Nemesis program, it will take you no more than 30 minutes. It simply works.

[quote]fabiop wrote:
OP, you dramatically need to bring your legs strength up to par…google “Nemesis squat program” and give it a try.

I can’t remember the template you’re following right now, and in no way I want you to change it…just start every work out with the Nemesis program, it will take you no more than 30 minutes. It simply works.[/quote]

That nemesis workout isn’t too different from my workouts anyways. Too much time in the gym if it was to be added to my current program everyday sadly. Deloading next week then going to hit hard again. Had a couple of injuries on the legs last few months and did start of not being able to move 100kg about october time.

Stats are:
Deadlift - 170kg x 3
Squat - 100kg x 10 ; 125kg x 1 (haven’t maxed in last few weeks)
OHP - 90kg
Bench - 120kg x 2 ; 130kg x 1 (still working on being tight at the bottom of the pause)

Fastest way? Squat, eat, repeat. Try putting some assistance stuff on the back burner for a while, and squat more.

Halotestin

Starting Strength is probably the quickest way most novices can gain strength. But if you are looking to not gain mass I can testify about myself that when I swiched to strength training I did Bill Stars Madcow and in 2 months my squat went from 270x6 to 396x3 and my deadlift went from 285x6 to 407x4 in 2 months and I only gained 4-5lbs bw (finished at 175)

I’d suggest anything by Paul Carter of Lift Run Bang.