Quick Velocity Diet Questions

I am starting the diet tomarrow and have a couple questions.

Can I use No-Xplode while on the diet pre-workout? I figure it would help with keeping the intensity up in the lifting. I will still do a PWO shake of 25g Protein and 40g carbs (in the place of the Surge)

I am a basketball player and I have a intermural 5 on 5 season starting in 3 weeks. Would it be ok to just replace the walking with some jumprope 3 times a week on off days and very light shoot around after lifting (just to stay loose)?

For the lifting I plan on doing Ripped Rugged and Dence 2.0 in hopes of keeping all the muscle I can. Is this ok or should I do a diffrent program.

Thanks guys!!!

Just got 1 more question about the diet. First off is it ok to have one or two diet sodas during the day (diet coke with splenda or diet sprite).

thanks again, and if anyone has input on the first post please share it with me.

thanks again,
kevin

I don’t think a whole lot of people on this site are going to recommend that you use any kind of NO supplement, regardless of your diet or goals. Personally, I think that stuff is mostly gimmick, the money is better spent elsewhere. As far as cardio goes, jumping rope and shooting hoops should be ok.

You just have to remember that when doing a reduced-calorie diet, you should ideally keep your cardio low-intensity so as to metabolize as little muscle as possible. Also, a diet Coke here and there won’t hurt, as long as it doesn’t have calories or carbs in it. Diet soda isn’t the best thing you can drink, but if a few of them are going to make the difference between sticking to the diet and falling off the wagon, then I say go for it.

Good luck. I think you’ll find that the Velocity Diet, if done correctly, is a rewarding experience in a lot of ways.

Thanks vtkess!

thanks for the input. the only reason i have the no-xplode is because my buddy works at gnc and got it for me for free. I am thinking about still taking it pre workout just to keep intensity up as much as possible.

Again with the diet coke it would be one a day just as a brain boost and yes its 0 carbs and 0 calories. I also ordered some strawberry Grow! today in hopes of not getting sick of jsut having chocolate.

Thanks again,
Kevin

Hell, If you have the NO for free, take it. See what happens and report back to us. The previous poster covered about everything else correctly.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Hell, If you have the NO for free, take it. See what happens and report back to us. The previous poster covered about everything else correctly.[/quote]

THIS SHIT IS FUCKIN PISSIN ME OFF DOES NO XPLODE WORK OR NOT THANKS AND PLEASE TELL ME YOUR GUYS RESULTS AND ALL THAT STUFF CUZ I NEED TO GET WAY BIGGER

[quote]TAYLORA066 wrote:
HI ASL?!
GOT PIC?![/quote]

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=556124
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=556939

Short answer: um… YES.

Doesn’t NO-Xplode have a lot of caffeine? If so why would you want that w/ HOT-ROX which has a decent amount of caffeine (125mg) too.

[quote]TAYLORA066 wrote:
THIS SHIT IS FUCKIN PISSIN ME OFF DOES NO XPLODE WORK OR NOT THANKS AND PLEASE TELL ME YOUR GUYS RESULTS AND ALL THAT STUFF CUZ I NEED TO GET WAY BIGGER [/quote]

Less with the caps lock.

If you want the secret to getting bigger, I’ll let you in on the T-Nation conspiracy that we do not tell outsiders: Eat more.

Eat, eat, and then eat again. That is all.

[quote]TAYLORA066 wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:
Hell, If you have the NO for free, take it. See what happens and report back to us. The previous poster covered about everything else correctly.

THIS SHIT IS FUCKIN PISSIN ME OFF DOES NO XPLODE WORK OR NOT THANKS AND PLEASE TELL ME YOUR GUYS RESULTS AND ALL THAT STUFF CUZ I NEED TO GET WAY BIGGER [/quote]

THEN EAT THAT THING CALLED FOOD.

[quote]TAYLORA066 wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:

And I thought I get too emotional with some of my posts! :wink:

Christopher